Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,555 members, 7,958,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

Why Should You Get Bothered If He Or She Converts To Another Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should You Get Bothered If He Or She Converts To Another Religion? (460 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion / Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should You Get Bothered If He Or She Converts To Another Religion? by Blackteeth(m): 4:40am On Nov 17, 2013
Most times when a family member or someone very close to us converts to another religion, we don't take it lightly. We dissociate ourselves from them or hate them. The Moslems in particular take it very extreme to the extent of disowning or killing a family member if he or she dares to convert to Christianity. But the question I wanna is: IS IT NECESSARY?
There is one thing I am very sure about. There is nothing like a separate Muslim God and a separate christian God. The God that Muslims worship is the same God that Christians worship. The God that created Muslims is the same God that created Christians. So why bother about someone's conversion when he or she is still going to worship the same God? Why is a jihad necessary against Christians necessary when they still worship same God with the Moslems?
In my opinion converting to a new religion is only changing a style of worshiping the same God. What's the big deal?
Re: Why Should You Get Bothered If He Or She Converts To Another Religion? by Nobody: 4:55am On Nov 17, 2013
Abrahamic religions are intolerant to other religions or apostates.
Re: Why Should You Get Bothered If He Or She Converts To Another Religion? by Nobody: 5:02am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Why Should You Get Bothered If He Or She Converts To Another Religion? by salam8528: 6:12am On Nov 17, 2013
its very clear dis writer is a Christian haven't u seen were people DAT converted from Christianity 2 Islam r bin abandoned, if u claim we r serving dsame God den liv ur Christianity Nd convert 2 Islam since dey r 1.
Re: Why Should You Get Bothered If He Or She Converts To Another Religion? by Mogenerous(f): 6:52am On Nov 17, 2013
Maybe it is being practice in your family... Families are different. I have many fam that converted to christianity and that didn't change the relationship other fam had with them... Since they are grown ups,they are entitle to their independence by making them do whatever that pleases them...
Re: Why Should You Get Bothered If He Or She Converts To Another Religion? by Blackteeth(m): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2013
salam8528: its very clear dis writer is a Christian haven't u seen were people DAT converted from Christianity 2 Islam r bin abandoned, if u claim we r serving dsame God den liv ur Christianity Nd convert 2 Islam since dey r 1.

It happens among Christians too of course. But Moslems are less tolerant. Am sure about that.
I am neither a moslem nor a christian. I can worship in a mosque or church at any time. These divisions don't make sense to me.

(1) (Reply)

Taxi-driving Pastor Offers Confessions On The Go / Savage – TB Joshua The Most Sought After! Part 1 / Spiritual Digest For The Day 29th Of November 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.