Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why Hasn't Joseph Yobo Retired From International Football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Hasn't Joseph Yobo Retired From International Football? (637 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's Big Centenary / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Hasn't Joseph Yobo Retired From International Football? by Obiagu1(m): 5:12am On Nov 17, 2013
As has been the tradition in the Super Eagles, many of our ex-players retired from international football once they get dethroned from their position by a younger player especially after they have featured for so long in the national team setup.
This is particularly more obvious for Captains.
So what is Joseph Yobo still waiting for?

Referring to Vincent Enyeama as stand-in captain does not sound good since he has captained the side now for a long time.

I think he is waiting for the Coach to officially name Enyeama the captain which has not been the tradition in the national team as the most capped player often is the captain.
To avoid unnecessary controversy and media backlash, Joseph Yobo should humbly retire since he has served us for so long and he is no longer required.
Re: Why Hasn't Joseph Yobo Retired From International Football? by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 17, 2013
I support you here.I think enyeama should be named captain officially now so that there won't be any issues in the dressing room as traditionally a captain should be someone who makes the first eleven on a steady bases.the problem of eagles is a lack of natural leaders.
Re: Why Hasn't Joseph Yobo Retired From International Football? by nedu2000(m): 6:54am On Nov 17, 2013
И̣̣̣̥o one retires a year b4 a world cup especially when his team qualifies,he wants a last hurrah & you cant blame him,I hope he makes the worldcup team,he'll retire after the competition I'm sure of it
Re: Why Hasn't Joseph Yobo Retired From International Football? by Obiagu1(m): 7:51am On Nov 17, 2013
nedu2000: И̣̣̣̥o one retires a year b4 a world cup especially when his team qualifies,he wants a last hurrah & you cant blame him,I hope he makes the worldcup team,he'll retire after the competition I'm sure of it

I hope he retires immediately if he was omitted from the world cup squad without running to the press talking crap.
Re: Why Hasn't Joseph Yobo Retired From International Football? by bizibrain(m): 9:00am On Nov 17, 2013
He already said he would retire after d world cup during afcon 2013. But I pray keshi kip him on bench because he is nw a loose man on ball holding, he cant tackle like omeruo and he cant hold firm ball @ d back again.

Nigeria won afcon because he was bench, his first match against burkinafaso was irritating.

(1) (Reply)

Come on! Join The Fun. Add yours. / Mourinho Vindicated – As Chelsea Defeat’s Southampton After Mata Was Substituted / Why Mikel Should Win The Caf Player Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.