Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help (1931 Views)

Site Admin Needed / Urgent: Help Recover My Article Site Admin's - Articlebeach Script / Adsense Money Machine -- For Webmasters & Site Admin Only. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by Centino: 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2008
Hi guys, barely 24 hours after posting a thread stating my intention to blog for ever I find myself locked out of my site admin. My password is no longer valid and the email address the password is sent to if you "lost your password" is also invalid.

Yes I gave my password to someone. A popular nairalanda (didn't meet him here though) who helped to put my adsense code on the site. Not a very nice guy. I found out too late. We fell out and I didn't remember to change my password.

Is there anything I can do?

http://innocentlyspeaking.com
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by Seun(m): 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2008
Name the person.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by Centino: 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2008
Seun:

Name the person.

Thanks for the reply Seun. But I'm more interested in finding a solution (if there is any). Don't want to give him any more attention than I already have.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by Emma4dfuture(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2008
You are not helping urself.Seun cld get d prsn's username,fone no,then call him.Trick him2meet 1on1.Arrest him that way.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by Centino: 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2008
I will. I'm trying to establish contact with him. His phones are switched off. But surely there is no way round this?
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by mexabet(m): 6:28am On Jul 18, 2008
Hi Centino,

Send an email to your web hosting company's support department and tell them exactly what happened. Give them details of when you registered your domain name, and also when you contracted them to host your site. Of course, give them the information of how (the means with which) you paid them. If you still have a copy of your hosting account setup details which they must have emailed to you when you first signed up with them, send it to them.

1 Like

Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by DualCore1: 6:51am On Jul 18, 2008
for the 1000001st time, someone will be saying this on the net "Do not give your login details to strangers to put jack or jill on your site"! how hard is that rule? Now u want someone to provide password for u. better call up your host and tell them to reset your password, pray they listen to u. i feel more of anger than pity for u dude.
let me get u straight on this one?
wht password is lost? the wordpress login password or the site login password?
either ways u're screwed. if its the wordpress thing, trash the crap and reinstall the blog. if its ur site password, call ur host.

Seun:

Name the person.
and that's getting him a step closer to getting his password from that guy?
dude if u wonno help that fella, u go one on one wid him and get whteva info u need.

when everything is over his name can be announced as warning or wo'eva.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by kazey(m): 9:40am On Jul 18, 2008
Yes there is something you can do. This I am assuming.

1. You subscribed for the hosting account.
2. You own the hosting account.

What you can do.
1. Login to your hosting account
2. Open the wordpress db, and over-ride the username email with yours, and use the forgot password feature of wordpress.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by DualCore1: 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2008
Yeap good idea. But wht about hashing function? Passwords aint stored as plain txt, they r hashed. Or maybe he can perform an 'insert into' statement.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by ZUBY77(m): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2008
This is serious.
The best option is to contact the host company.
Of course, you must remember the e mail addrres you used while registering for the domain account.
And just for the record, mention the name of the DUDE here when all this is over.
I must also remind you to check and check your password over and over again.
People give me their password all the time to help them install one thing or the other.
And i always do their work for them.
Everybody is not me i would say but since the person is a prominent nairalander like you claimed.
I would mention his/her name when this is over, if i were you.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by Centino: 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2008
I'll surely mention his name. Done a check on him and found he's been somewhat controversial on this forum, particularly on this webmasters section. I'm going off the net for a while to clear my head. You all will be amazed if I disclosed the extent of treachery this guy did on me. Blocking me of my blog was just the final straw. I was royally f***ed. I'll surely do as has been advised here. I'm grateful to all the good people on this forum. Thanks guys.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by abhosts(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2008
Controversial in the webmaster section……………….hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Only a few names come to mind.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by DualCore1: 11:43am On Jul 19, 2008
Centrino saw ur message over there, dude tht waz d wrongest of sections to hv postd tht, nevermind wld move it later today. Hmmm, i've cracked wordpress in simulations, lol dis could b a real life situation to practice wit, dis wld b fun since u hve access 2 d db. Left u offlines. Cheerz.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by nichfem: 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2008
Please i need assistance on php and mysql my email is nichfem@yahoo.com.
Re: Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help by georgen2u(m): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
that is very trange you need a database experts or you can do fresh installation of your word press script but try going to google asking for hash decoder free one and try going to your PHPAdmin find admin table details try to see any colum relating to admin logins then if you can see the hash pasword code copy it use hash decoder to unencrypt it change it and redecode it then update your SQL thats all!!

(1) (Reply)

IPS Designed Forum Website For Sale / Google Adsense Account Available / Easiest Way To Get More Traffic To Your Blog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.