Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,117 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:11 AM

Advice My Students Please - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice My Students Please (778 Views)

See How My Students Wrote Exams This Morning / To Delsu Students.. Please Be Careful.. / Aaua Pre-degree Students Please Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice My Students Please by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 17, 2013
I held a career expo for my students and i discovered a number of them in commercial class with career prospects in sciences and arts,eg lawyers with no background in Literature and government, doctors and nurses without chemistry or physics.

What advice is best for them considering the fact that they are presently in SS2 with very poor parental support.
Its easy to say they start afresh, but putting yourself in their shoe; you know how that will sound to you. Please i need enough options here cos am likely going to be speaking to them one on one.

Help a fellow wink
Re: Advice My Students Please by Anuoluwap(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2013
Option1 tell them to include the necessary subjects in their o'levels
Re: Advice My Students Please by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 17, 2013
they can only register subjects they were taught in sch and the sch handles the registration process.
Re: Advice My Students Please by Screwface(m): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
They don't have to be Doctors, nurses, Pharmacists or their likes. Teach them to be the best they can be in the path they've already chosen.
Except they want to cross path and go get the right subject combinations for those courses you mentioned above, if they don't want to, then being the best they can possibly be is the best advice you can give them at the moment.
Re: Advice My Students Please by Appliedmaths(m): 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
Tell them to create their own world, tell them to study very well, organize little motivational talks with them, discuss with them and try to upgrade their mentality. Help them understand life, help them understand that getting a degree isn't all. Educate and inform them, life is a very big field.
Re: Advice My Students Please by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2013
Screwface: They don't have to be Doctors, nurses, Pharmacists or their likes. Teach them to be the best they can be in the path they've already chosen.
Except they want to cross path and go get the right subject combinations for those courses you mentioned above, if they don't want to, then being the best they can possibly be is the best advice you can give them at the moment.

Thanks but you know how these things work. Their classes were chosen based on the entrance exam they partook in and most of them followed their friends to the classes they found themselves presently.
Teach them to be the best they can be in the path they've already chosen.
They chose wrongly, that is what we want to correct here.
Re: Advice My Students Please by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
Tell them to create their own world, tell them to study very well, organize little motivational talks with them, discuss with them and try to upgrade their mentality. Help them understand life, help them understand that getting a degree isn't all. Educate and inform them, life is a very big field.
Thanks, that is what the expo is all about, am just short of advice to give this particular group of people.
Re: Advice My Students Please by Appliedmaths(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
chidyhels:
Thanks, that is what the expo is all about, am just short of advice to give this particular group of people.

Trace their backgrounds, find out their other interest apart from education, enter their minds so you'll drop the exact advice to motivate them. They may be very young though but try to see yourself through them, and please TEACH THEM. Extra classes would do, share the class into groups and drop an assingment of their interest. My dear, offer those kids your best.

(1) (Reply)

Uniabuja Has Announced Resumption / Is Waec Result Out / Tuition Fee Increase: Corruption In National Open University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.