Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Are Nigeria Hiphop Artist Really Making These Money: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are Nigeria Hiphop Artist Really Making These Money: (2645 Views)

HOT New Afrobeats Single From UK Hottest Hiphop Artist / Advice To An Upcoming Rnb/hiphop Artist Who Is Dreaming High In The Music World / Richest Hiphop Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigeria Hiphop Artist Really Making These Money: by alexJodeci: 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2008
i dont mean to hurt any feelings

but it really bothers me that after the Overrated "U don hit my car" BY TETUILA, he shud be driving a ferrari at least comparing it to the way it was completely an anthem of most ppl.had the privilege once to meet eedris , sorry man i was really guted and disappointed
No disrespect but am still fucking richer than most when i wasn't even working

secondly, my dude 9ice,, Good one on Gongo aso, but am concern with how much u actually gross in from that, Or are we to blame the Economy or piracy?
how many ppl apart from dealers or middlemen actually took money to buy these album and not download or ask a friend to give him or her,

my immediate senior sister went to the same University-clark atlanta, with Mason Betha when he quit music some couple of years ago and the guy fucking changes car like a girl changes her wig, thats the only artist i have happen to meet over here.

pls lets support our artist,

Thirdly, is this me or some illusion? why is it that when u play a naija jams the same time u play an american jams(be it Rnb,hiphop, rock,soul)there is always a feeling that accompanies the american one that does not exist wit ours.its like i only enjoy the beats but the western one i feel the lyrics with the music,

i might be wrong, so let hear your opinion pls
Re: Are Nigeria Hiphop Artist Really Making These Money: by Blackwax: 1:22am On Jul 18, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upuP9Oe88A4

Hopefully this video will change your views.
Re: Are Nigeria Hiphop Artist Really Making These Money: by Samuel1580: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2008
I think you have a point, but the music industry in Nigeria now has changed. Alot of the artist don't depend on album sales anymore rather they make their money through shows. The likes of 9ice, P-square, D-band etc (A Class) are lucky because the marketers buy their album outright like in the case of 9ice the audio was about 3 million naira and video was about 6 million naira (Fact!! before y'all start talking, ask Afrobest). But with the amount of local shows they play, they get enough money to sustain maintain themselves and have enough in their account.

I gathered that d-banj takes 3 million naira to play a show which is £12,000, so if he can get one or two of that in a month and i know he would attend some shows that would not be up to that, depending on their relationship with the organiser. So with all this i think the Nigerian Class A artist should have enough with the current entertainment market.

During Tetuila's regime, the entertainment industry was not that buoyant thus he only made money through the government of Tinubu (Then Lagosstate gov), he ddidn'tget to play big international shows like the artiste are doing now.

I also think that piracy is a major issue hitting the artist and marketers in Nigeria. As big as Gongo Aso is, Afro best said he sold 400,000 copies in the first few months which was hard to believecos every Nigerian home and abroad knows and listens to the song but come to think of it, when you see websites like fusiongreen.com that offers download of Nigerian nmusic (Album) for free without paying a dime to the artist and marketer that has invested so much in the artist project, then you would know the level at which piracy is hitting the entertainment industry.

We need to support our Nigerian artist/marketers as this is one of the ways to propel nNigeriato the next level in the world scene, for the first time since a very long time, other nations look at Nigeriansas creative people as our names are starting to surface in better places and not fraud.
Re: Are Nigeria Hiphop Artist Really Making These Money: by abdurrazaq(m): 11:27am On Jul 18, 2008
The difference between Original Cds and fake Cds should be made clearer. You can hardly distinguish between a fake and original Cds nowadays. The Artists, marketers and other parties concerned should spend more on PACKAGING, their promotion is still ok THOUGH, they can do better.
I always like to buy original cds but, what happens if I can differentiate between pirated and original copies?
Re: Are Nigeria Hiphop Artist Really Making These Money: by youngdigi(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2008
very good topic, i also wondered how much these artist actually rake in, how much do they get per show?

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Latest Nigerian Music in February 2020 | "Opo" tops Chart / Houston Rappers / Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.