Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,220 members, 7,849,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:36 AM

What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? (1064 Views)

Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet / Who Is Nigeria Greatest Number 9 ? / Jonathan Promises A New Era In Sports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by doyin13(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2008
Lets hear your opinion folks. . . . .What do you think is the greatest move, or skill
if you like, across all sports.

Whether it be a dribble in Soccer, an alley oop dunk in basketball,
the dhoosra in cricket etc.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by Hannibal: 11:06pm On Jul 17, 2008
doyin13:

Lets hear your opinion folks. . . . .What do you think is the greatest move, or skill
if you like, across all sports.

Whether it be a dribble in Soccer, an alley oop dunk in basketball,
the dhoosra in cricket etc.

Are u shitting me??
It's DRIBBLING IN SOCCER.
Have u forgotten how JJ Okocha made Oliver Khan bite the dust thrice in 1994/95 season?? grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by SeanT21(f): 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2008
The Big Hits in Football and the Dunks in Basketball.

Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by doyin13(m): 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2008
How I go forget  grin grin grin

But me I was thinking more of specific skills e.g stepovers or flip flaps

and if you want to talk about players biting the dust, how about ankle breakers in basketball. How sick is that
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by Hannibal: 12:23am On Jul 18, 2008
doyin13:

How I go forget  grin grin grin

But me I was thinking more of specific skills e.g stepovers or flip flaps

and if you want to talk about players biting the dust, how about ankle breakers in basketball. How sick is that

Please. . . . . . .Basketball is a useless game. . . . Nuthing spectacular.
Even in the days of Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley. . . . It doesn't thrill me as much as football.
Football is the game of men. . . . .It drives people crazy, husband killing wife and fans screwing emselves up with a shank.
Have u seen Football Factory?? grin cheesy  Thats passion.

American Football??  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by doyin13(m): 12:40am On Jul 18, 2008
Okay, fine Hannibal. . . .

What do you think is the greatest move in Football?
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by JeSoul(f): 12:43am On Jul 18, 2008
Hannibal:

Please. . . . . . .Basketball is a useless game. . . . Nuthing spectacular.
  o boy you berra take that back! how you got fit talk say basketball is useless?  shocked  that is heresy right there.

Anyways, Oga Doyin, the greatest move in sports depends on what ur definition of "move" is.
You talking about skill? I say its a tie btw the AI's crossover that almost broke Yao's ankles once and the dribble in soccer.
You talking about power? Hands down a sack or tackle or take down in American football! it is by far the most savage sport full of savage hits or moves. You can also debate the dunk in BB, couple yrs ago Ricky Davis jumped over one of those 7-foot whiteys on his way to the rim, sick move.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by debosky(m): 12:50am On Jul 18, 2008
The greatest move? Probably Ronaldo da Lima's step overs when he was at the top of his game - defenders just couldn't touch him!

What of Hockey?? Very few moves can compare to Wayne Gretzky's one handed dribble followed by a killer slap shot. shocked All that movement and jinking while balanced on a slither of metal - balance and precision all put together. cool
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by JeSoul(f): 12:52am On Jul 18, 2008
debosky:

The greatest move? Probably Ronaldo da Lima's step overs when he was at the top of his game - defenders just couldn't touch him!

What of Hockey?? Very few moves can compare to Wayne Gretzky's one handed dribble followed by a killer slap shot. shocked All that movement and jinking while balanced on a slither of metal - balance and precision all put together. cool
hehe. . . it's only a Canadian that will mention hockey in this discussion cheesy cool
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by doyin13(m): 1:21am On Jul 18, 2008
There was this Russian chap I saw in the Stanley Cup Finals a few year back with the Red Wings. . . . .Daschuk or one
kain name like that. . . .

He could manipulate the puck like no other,  . . . ,  . . . .quick hands. quick skater.

Lovely skills man.

Hockey still sucks though.

@post

I think the through the legs in Tennis gets my vote. Especially when it wins the point, which is the exception
most times.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLrhSM7Lc_4&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by Hannibal: 1:29am On Jul 18, 2008
doyin13:

Okay, fine Hannibal. . . .

What do you think is the greatest move in Football?

The greatest move??
Gosh. . . . . I will have to dig in the crates.
Rivaldo's bicycle kick in one game(can't seem to remember now but i guess it became the equaliser/winner in the 90th minute).
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by CH3COO(m): 1:34am On Jul 18, 2008
This is the greatest move in sports bar none:

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOso9QKRgmU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by JeSoul(f): 1:47am On Jul 18, 2008
CH3COO that was a good one smiley

You just reminded me of this video of a move made by a ball girl. . . my jaw dropped! shocked wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpnXnrVYQfI
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by doyin13(m): 2:01am On Jul 18, 2008
@Hannibal
That would be the Valencia match. Important match as well, to determine who took fourth spot that season.

Rivaldo scored a hatrick, capped off by that bicycle kick.

Pertaining to footy alone. . . .I have to say my vote goes to Ronaldinho's hocus pocus.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0WBTWYlV8Q&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by dayokanu(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2008
Are u shitting me??
It's DRIBBLING IN SOCCER.
Have u forgotten how JJ Okocha made Oliver Khan bite the dust thrice in 1994/95 season??

Its dribbling and step overs the kind that made Ashley Cole stagger and crippled in Japan Korea by Ronaldinho and by Cristiano Ronaldo which led to a 3 months injury.

Or The clash of heads Kaka gave to Man Utd defenders in 2007 UCL grin grin grin

Or the flick by Redondo on Hedding Berg in the Champions league game Real Madrid vs Man Utd 1999/2000 tongue grin tongue

Or the chip by Figo on Barthez 2003 UCL.

Or the blind side free kick my Mario Basler on the entire Man Utd defence and Peter Schmeichel 1999 UCL. tongue tongue

Maradona's best goal of all time against England in Mexico 1986. English people/clubs must be very foolish They are always the victims tongue tongue

Not Forgetting Zidanes fantastic belter against leverkusen

@ Hannibal,

That Overhead kick was by Rivaldo against valencia 2000 La Liga season Last Game of the season; the winner would play the UCL.

Rivaldo scored a hat trick; A free Kick, A Long range Shot and an awesome overhead Kick.
Do you remember Rivaldo's Hat trick in San Siro 2002 I think 2 free kicks that deceived the Milan Wall The first under the wall,

The next Free kick the wall did not jump and he lifted it over the wall the 3rd was a diving header. DSTV fans have missed good football of those days.

Rivaldo one of the greats of the Game.

For remembering that, I exempt you from the DSTV fans group
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by davidif: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2008
Please. . . . . . .Basketball is a useless game. . . . Nuthing spectacular

what of soccer which is incredibly boring, all the running around and a match ends 0-0. In basketball its more like 110-109.

You just reminded me of this video of a move made by a ball girl. . . my jaw dropped!    wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpnXnrVYQfI 

Actually, that was staged, i saw it on CNN.

say its a tie between the AI's crossover that almost broke Yao's ankles once

it was stephon marbury.

couple years ago Ricky Davis jumped over one of those 7-foot whiteys on his way to the rim, sick move.
That was Vince carter over Frederic weiss in the sydney olympics not ricky davis.

what about the slam dunk contest, especially Jason Richardson's dunk.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by eldee(m): 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2008
Roberto Carlos' Banana Kick against France
Look at Barthez face . . . PRICELESS!!! cheesy

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl0LHM-33Io&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

My greatest move? These are the best of the EPL

C. Ronaldo Vs Millwall, FA Cup Final 2004

He was so young then . . . ran with the ball
A few stepovers to lose bout four defenders, then the cross-footed cross

It was a view to behold, the ultimate showboater at his prime

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPndlYBpXNo&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Another one is the famous Dennis Bergkamp Vs Newcastle
That was HEAVEN!!!
[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zklt914QNYE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by JeSoul(f): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2008

Actually, that was staged, i saw it on CNN.
Staged? how can you stage something like that?

it was stephon marbury.
I stand corrected.

That was Vince carter over Frederic weiss in the sydney olympics not ricky davis.
Nope, Vince carter did dunk over that dude BUT ricky davis also had a sick one where he jumped over someone . . . I saw it happen live.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by SeanT21(f): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2008
Soccer is boring unless George Wiah is playing. Na actually, Its just BORING!! Watching grown man run behind a stupid ball. WTF!!
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by A40(m): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2008
Are you kidding me? of course its footie.Ronaldinho's snake bites and the bicycle kick not to mention Roberto Carlos's rasping shots Footie has the best moves!! basketball comes a close second i am a sucka for slam-dunks and alley-oops.Sacking of quarterbacks also can be very funny

@Hannibal
Basketball is the game man!! you dont know what you are missing
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by eldee(m): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2008
A-40:

Are you kidding me? of course its footie.Ronaldinho's snake bites and the bicycle kick not to mention Roberto Carlos's rasping shots Footie has the best moves!! basketball comes a close second i am a sucka for slam-dunks and alley-oops.Sacking of quarterbacks also can be very funny

@Hannibal
Basketball is the game man!! you don't know what you are missing
Nah . . . after football, it's boxing
Only watch 'em Tyson knockouts to understand how interesting it is
I remember a fight I paid for on Sky Box Office, it ended before I came to sit down cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2008
my Best plays that come to mind will
be
Eli Manning  escape and release and David tyree unbelievable catch - what makes this one of the greatest is. ,  . ,   ,  go watch for yourself

Micheal jordans cross on byron russell and the shot all net baby JAZZ- BULL game 6 championship final.

Dennis bergkamp against Newcastle.

Zizou's volley against Bayern in the Champions league final.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by dome2: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2008
take ur pick
1) the scopion catch-by Aguita
2) Maradona's 2nd goal against england in the world cup
3) JJ okocha's dribble and goal against oliver khan
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by doyin13(m): 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2008
do_me:

take your pick
1) the scopion catch-by Aguita
2) Maradona's 2nd goal against england in the world cup
3) JJ okocha's dribble and goal against oliver khan

Now that's a skill to remember. . . . . .
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Move In Sports? by A40(m): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2008
@eldee
Thats more like the brutest move in sports i feel your pain on the Sky Box thing though its almost like arriving too soon in bed knaah mean grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Cannot Afford To Host U-17 World Cup / Wigan Athletic (1) Vs Arsenal (4) On Saturday 11th April / Germans Demand Killing Of Octopus Paul After Wc Semi-final Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.