Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

The Best Record Labels In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Best Record Labels In Nigeria (1878 Views)

Which Is The Best Record Label In Nigeria / Best Record Label Ever: Deathrow Versus Bad Boy / What's The Best Record Label In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Record Labels In Nigeria by ThaA(m): 7:35am On Nov 18, 2013
I don't mean those record labels that have artists that churn out noise on a weekly basis. I'm talking of musicians who are true to their art. My pick goes thus:
1. Loopy Music. Loopy music is my first because of the diversity of artists. There is the founder M.I who ushered in a new era of music to Nigeria. His albums were both classics yet not monotonous. Even though signs are showing that he's slacking judging from his last single but for now, he's bad. Then there is Ruby an amazing singer with an amazing voice. Her voice is too beautiful abeg and she knows how to use it. Then there's Threadstones the best rock band Nigeria and probably Africa has.

2. Aboriginal Music. Home to Boogey, Ese Peters, Barzini, Eclipse, etc. I don't know all of them probably but everytime I meet an Aboriginal artist, I'm always more than impressed. So I found out about Boogey sometime back and then came across Ese Peters later on and he's such an amazing singer. I later met Barzini and when he told me he's signed to Aboriginal, I decided to watch him. Thankfully, we were at a show and I watched him perform and I was impressed. Another time I was another show and there was this rapper whose song and vibes were impressive. When I asked about him, found out he was Eclipse and a Aboriginal artist impressed.

3. Another label that's impressive is Aristokrat. Home to Burna Boy, Pucado, Kamar, Ozone. I don't have to say much about this is the label with the most popular artists but if you notice, Burna Boy didn't jump on the noisy party hype when he came newly. He just went on with his style. Pucado too very amazing and he didn't step out to copy Burna BOy but instead is defining his own path. Then about a week ago, came across this artist, Ozone on Spinlet and boy's got skills. That's all for now. Too lazy to think up another good label.

I know many will disagree with me, so feel free to vent below.
PS> Don't say EME abeg, they have enough conventional artists for Africa and some of them have not hit in forever and please don't go to Mavin, that one is just a dead horse. The only talent there is Don Jazzy
Re: The Best Record Labels In Nigeria by AdemuyiwaOba(m): 5:25am On Aug 20, 2014
Mavin is a dead horse? As at now, Mavin Records is still the best in Nigeria. Dorobucci, Surulere, Eminado, Rotate, the Kick all these hit songs came from Mavin. Dorobucci is undoubtedly the hottest track of 2014 so far. Korede Bello came in less than 4 months ago, and he's already popular than some artistes who have spent years, all thanks to Don Jazzy. Tiwa Savage won the best female artiste in Africa at the MAMAs, best female in Nigeria at the City People awards, Mavin won the best record label, and surulere best collabo. And you are there saying Mavin is wack. Pls wake up.

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Download This Particular Song. / What Rap collaborations are most powerful you ever heard?!! list of the best / Davido – Sweet In The Middle Ft Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile & Wurld Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.