Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Something More Than War - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Something More Than War (486 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Something More Than War by HerexG(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2013
War, it is defined as an armed struggle or fight. Most times over years the aftermath of war always leave us with a devastating lasting impression that has even been lingering on from the generation to generation. At the course of most recorded war so many things including lives has been lost in great numbers. Now look at the aftermath of Hiroshima war, it still lingers till date, the nuclear radioactive weapon used in the war destroyed both human and the earth which some of the elements are present till date.
The aftermath of world war II is still significant in Germany till date. The war at the middle east is still on and still boiling with so much rage and destruction still counting, this is making her citizens seek asylum else. Leaving the land for the self aclaimed power house, therefore making the weak and feable live at his grace and mercy "a sad".
The war in Africa is at an uncertain rest state waiting to be ignited if arising issues is not resolved, so much corruption and misappropriation starting from the top leaving the hungry commoners with little or no opportunity. This commoners are left aggrieved, hereby giving them the option to make ends meet with illegal force or pranks. The numbers of these aggressive commoners rises everyday, it will get to a point where the present state will be unbearable to them which will result in rebel. The state of Africa is like a time bomb waiting to explode. But looking at what war has war done to Africa, the mark and shadows of those years of wars in Africa is still significant. The unscrupulous raising of Baby soldiers which most of them now have grown up to be terrorists, how about those left with no arms to survive and many more destructions.
Assessing all these historys, my question is has War word ever led to a positive breakthrough in our world before ?. How come this very War that has led to some many destructions is still fashionable in the 21 century, how can we still allow all these to still be happening with our vast knowledge and wisdom in tackle issues and problems facing us.
Now one of the great leader who i admire so much, he discovered that there is something more than war and that man is King Solomon an ancient leader. Do you know that throughout his reign as a king of Israel no single war was being recorded. Now this got me wondering what ws the secret of this great man, i took my time to study about him. Then i found out that this man has soo much wisdom that instead nations waging war against him and his kingdom they brought him gifts instead. This great king applied wisdom in the stead of war. This didn't only made peace reign in his kingdom but it also made him richer and the wealthiest man of his time.
Truly there is something more than war

Words of King Solomon bellow
"Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse," (Proverbs 2:12).

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Verse/chapter In The Bible That Mentioned Christian? / Atheist Responsible For African Slavery / Hymn That Inspires And Moves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.