Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,743 members, 7,955,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) (159233 Views)

Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Why Is Nigerian Architecture So Uninspiring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 11:26am On Sep 29, 2014
Commencement of mechanical, electrical and plastering works

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2014

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by KolaShangOne(m): 12:11am On Sep 30, 2014
Very good.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Onuokwu: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
skimanski: UPDATE IN PICS AS WE ARE GETTING READY FOR ROOF.

Oga what is the name of this type of parapet? Its simplicity is beautiful and it looks like the weight will be lighter than the usual ones around?
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
Onuokwu:

Oga what is the name of this type of parapet? Its simplicity is beautiful and it looks like the weight will be lighter than the usual ones around?

It's the same weight with the regular ones. It's just flat and we had to put our touch of design details on it to make it come out nice. Kindly view closely in pics

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ongoing electricals

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by topsy23: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
Oga Skimanski, why not tell the Electrical engr or the technicians doing this electrical installation works to install the knockout switch box shown above side by side since there is enough block around the area and give 50mm(5cm) space between them rather than having them on-top of each other. Though, I don't know the reason why it was done like that.

I stand to be corrected.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
topsy23: Oga Skimanski, why not tell the Electrical engr or the technicians doing this electrical installation works to install the knockout switch box shown above side by side since there is enough block around the area and give 50mm(5cm) space between them rather than having them on-top of each other. Though, I don't know the reason why it was done like that.

I stand to be corrected.

Thanks

@ Topsy23, Since there is no professional reason why that electrical arrangement is done except for the fact that its the conventional way, then I think I have the Liberty to do mine the way I want and differently from what is done out there, because I have a professional reason why I arrange my switches the way I do (Because the arrangement makes the switch location add beauty the the space instead of just been switches on the wall). Anyway Final finish shall clearly illustrate my thoughts.

Thanks for the follow up, Really do appreciate your comments.

2 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 11:36am On Oct 01, 2014
Masons taking their wall levels to ensure straightness and squareness of walls.

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ongoing

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Onuokwu: 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hello Skimanski, I sent you a mail. Please respond.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 11:32am On Oct 06, 2014
INTRODUCING OUR HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SUPPLY PIPE. (PPR. TYPE 80) A SOLUTION TO ALL THE NUMEROUS PIPING ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE FROM OUR WATER SUPPLY LINES. Been serving me for years.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 11:35am On Oct 06, 2014
Male & Femele Elbows, COntrol Valve and Air Valves.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 11:36am On Oct 06, 2014
WASTE ARRANGEMENTS

1 Share

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
D-6 MEM DISTRIBUTION BOX

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by topsy23: 7:58am On Oct 07, 2014
skimanski:
Male & Femele Elbows, COntrol Valve and Air Valves.

Bros weldone, this is a very nice and solid materials. PPR, HENCO are one of the best materials in plumbing installations. Most client can not afford it because of the cost.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
PIPE LAYING PROCESS.

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
MORE FOTOS

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
MORE PIPING FOTOS

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2014

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
REDERING/PLASTERING OF OUR CONCRETE DECK.

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
WALL PLASTERING

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
MORE photos

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2014
CONCLUSION OF INTERNAL PLASTERING AND RESUMPTION OF EXTERNAL PLASTERIN

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
Thanks to know you are still in business. It's been a while.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2014
you're welcome sir, Seriously tight schedule, so can't do to many nairaland posting because of free time. but anyway we are moving, more photos

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
MORE PHOTOS

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 3:01am On Nov 01, 2014
Oga Skimanski,

I was just wondering about how we do tiles in Nigeria as compared to other countries. I could be wrong but I find the way we lay tiles in Nigeria to be old fashioned and waste of materials. You are the expert in this business and your view on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Please, watch some of these short videos about how to lay tiles as compared to the way we lay tiles in Nigeria. I want you to have an open mind when viewing the short videos. They are just about 15 minutes total. I want your views about this topic. Could tiles be laid as they were laid in the videos?

I look forward to your reply, sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOczr9WCVig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY9-DBdt_Vo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y7aRhrTjws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEiKp53sZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUxLs0ketaM
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:14am On Nov 01, 2014
FastShipping:
Oga Skimanski,

I was just wondering about how we do tiles in Nigeria as compared to other countries. I could be wrong but I find the way we lay tiles in Nigeria to be old fashioned and waste of materials. You are the expert in this business and your view on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Please, watch some of these short videos about how to lay tiles as compared to the way we lay tiles in Nigeria. I want you to have an open mind when viewing the short videos. They are just about 15 minutes total. I want your views about this topic. Could tiles be laid as they were laid in the videos?

I look forward to your reply, sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOczr9WCVig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY9-DBdt_Vo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y7aRhrTjws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEiKp53sZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUxLs0ketaM

I have viewed all videos and carefully observed what they were doing. Now I must confess I appreciate all that was done and I also have learnt some things like the grouting process on the first video which involves the application of more than just Grout cement and even silicon to your grout space, though more expensive than the normal grouting process, but worth it. Which brings me to your request for my view/take on the process of the laying of tiles.

Now note that in Nigeria, the first thing that comes to mind when we want to do any thing in life is how cheapest can we archive it, and not how best, so trust me when I say our method is the cheapest than the one you have viewed on the videos. In the videos the floors have already been prepared smoothly for the tiles to just me applied, as against us dressing the floors with sharp sand and cement before application. If we were to dress our floor the way it looked in the videos, we would require more cement, more sand and more labour than normal. Also in the first video, you were required to use a number of plywood layers before the tiles, that on its own is a very expensive method. Also note that the cement been used is Tile Gum and not our normal cement(Dangote, Elephant e.t.c). Only tile gum can be used to lay tiles on smooth surfaces as cement will not hold, but Tile gum is also more expensive than normal cement. We only use it over here in laying of heavy weight stones like Marbles, Granite and very heavy Tiles. the advantage of their method is that it gives them a high level of precision as regards the finish. But when is comes to "Skimanski" and his team of workers, Precision is inevitable regardless of the method.

I hope I have answered your questions. Also do feel free to further any more questions.

4 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
skimanski:

I have viewed all videos and carefully observed what they were doing. Now I must confess I appreciate all that was done and I also have learnt some things like the grouting process on the first video which involves the application of more than just Grout cement and even silicon to your grout space, though more expensive than the normal grouting process, but worth it. Which brings me to your request for my view/take on the process of the laying of tiles.

Now note that in Nigeria, the first thing that comes to mind when we want to do any thing in life is how cheapest can we archive it, and not how best, so trust me when I say our method is the cheapest than the one you have viewed on the videos. In the videos the floors have already been prepared smoothly for the tiles to just me applied, as against us dressing the floors with sharp sand and cement before application. If we were to dress our floor the way it looked in the videos, we would require more cement, more sand and more labour than normal. Also in the first video, you were required to use a number of plywood layers before the tiles, that on its own is a very expensive method. Also note that the cement been used is Tile Gum and not our normal cement(Dangote, Elephant e.t.c). Only tile gum can be used to lay tiles on smooth surfaces as cement will not hold, but Tile gum is also more expensive than normal cement. We only use it over here in laying of heavy weight stones like Marbles, Granite and very heavy Tiles. the advantage of their method is that it gives them a high level of precision as regards the finish. But when is comes to "Skimanski" and his team of workers, Precision is inevitable regardless of the method.

I hope I have answered your questions. Also do feel free to further any more questions.

The bolded is all I need to hear or else I will have to demand you work on my project as done in the video whenever I sign a contract of my construction with you. grin
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
MORE PHOTOS

1 Share

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Onuokwu: 8:31am On Nov 12, 2014
I sent you a mail...actually a response to your earlier mail that went to my junk folder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.