Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet (2173 Views)

ASUU Strike Update: ASUU’s NEC Meeting To Hold After 7 Days Mouring Of Iyayi / ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. / ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by ifeanyija(m): 6:51am On Nov 19, 2013
Dr Karo Ogbinaka, the chairman of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), has said he has not recovered from the shock of Prof. Festus Iyayi’s death.

Iyayi, a former president of ASUU, died on November 12 in an accident near Lokoja, the Kogi State capital, on his way to Kano to attend a National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the union.

The meeting was expected to deliberate on the way forward for the four-month old strike of the union, after the Federal Government made a fresh offer.

Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos, Ogbinaka said: “I still cannot believe that Iyayi is dead because I was at the scene of the accident where it happened.

“I witnessed the gory scene with blood stains all over the place as I can still remember struggling to assist our dear colleagues; believe me, it was too painful to see Iyayi die the way he did.

“There was confusion in Kano and at the scene of the accident. Indeed it was a terrible and shocking sight to behold; we are indeed, deep in grief.”

The union leader said the NEC suspended the Kano meeting to honour Prof Iyayi.

According to him, the NEC members have been meeting with the family of the deceased to give him a befitting burial.

He said: “We think we should give the NEC some time to get over the entire arrangements and then have some time to put themselves together before they start considering reconvening the postponed meeting.”

Ogbinaka said it was only when the ASUU national executives were fully settled that they would assemble state executives for a decision on the protracted strike.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/new/im-yet-recover-iyayis-death/
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by lawrence112(m): 7:04am On Nov 19, 2013
Nawaho

1 Like

Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 19, 2013
Stop spreading rumours. The meeting is scheduled to hold on friday.
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Ollybarbie219(f): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2013
NEWS FLASH: ASUU strike to be called off during d next eclipse :p:p:pcheesy
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by ifeanyija(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2013
kolawaxxy: Stop spreading rumours. The meeting is scheduled to hold on friday.

Scheduled by who?
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by wasak(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2013
if he hasn't recovered from d shock, he will never recover for life what concerns ur duty with a bloody shock. resign ur appointment and go by a bed space in d hospital till u recover from d shock.
professional crap!

5 Likes

Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by adonismuller(m): 8:10am On Nov 19, 2013
kolawaxxy: Stop spreading rumours. The meeting is scheduled to hold on friday.
are you the one that scheduled the meeting? Stop spreading rumours and raising ppls hope unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2013
I seriously doubt if that meeting can hold on fri. But let's wait and see sha.

By the way, how long will it take ASUU to get over the shock. If schools were in session will they stop lectures all over Nigeria just cos a national exec member died?

We agreed that you had to mourn him for 7 days, but making us wait for him to be buried (Dec 5-9) before taking any decision on this strike is just plain heartless. Do you know how many students have died during this prolonged strike?
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by meracool(m): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2013
Then ASUU must be heartless... they're not even considerate so they've not recovered from the shock

Now I know ASUU does not have any Love of the student @Heart only God Knows when the Strike would be called off

They should keep on Mourning I just pray More prominet ASUU Menbers should not Die if Not Students should forget about Resumption..

I rest my Case
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by ayusco85(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2013
Our first lady cares about those suffering from this strike

Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by falconey(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2013
I LOVE ASUU............u know dose bunch of old men are lazy so they are happy about the strike and love to sit at home spend dre cash on women and drinks

Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Phemmy99(m): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2013
This is the height of wickedness,,ASUU must have a hidden agenda just using iyayi's death as a cover-up
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 19, 2013
Walahi, dis lecturers dey lazy ni! Nawa o angry
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by teemama20(f): 10:11am On Nov 19, 2013
Dey r nt holdn any meetn on fri. Dey said until after Iyayi's burial nd is dec 5 to 9
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by ifeanyija(m): 11:04am On Nov 19, 2013
teemama20: Dey r nt holdn any meetn on fri. Dey said until after Iyayi's burial nd is dec 5 to 9

Yeah
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by striker9(m): 11:05am On Nov 19, 2013
This is plain wickedness,what a country.
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by lymelyte(m): 11:45am On Nov 19, 2013
So if another ASUU member dies,they will postpone again abi. What if the burial was next year feb,ASUU will now tell us that the meeting will be after d burial abi?
Bunch of useless fools

1 Like

Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by slap1(m): 11:59am On Nov 19, 2013
His death is painful, yes. But why should it affect our future?
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by yetunsbay(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
GOD only can help
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by makemeloveu: 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Dis is the right time for ASUU president too join prof.
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Haryoryhemie(f): 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
If Ogbinaka really care as much, he shld join iyayi nw and let d living decide d fate of d students not some dead prof
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Dhammtiee(f): 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
ASUU is bunch of old fools. So because of Iyayi's death we student av to holdon, jos because of one person dt already live a fulfilled life nd a satisfied one dt d dead among d student shld die for notin God wil surely judge all of dem. And dos who re in grive for d dead let dem die too nd allow d reasonable living soul amaong dem to end d strike.
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by falconey(m): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
I just love this country...........expect bad and u get worst......FG and ASUU........education is yourz!!!!
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by ifeanyija(m): 10:45am On Nov 20, 2013
Dhammtiee: ASUU is bunch of old fools. So because of Iyayi's death we student av to holdon, jos because of one person dt already live a fulfilled life nd a satisfied one dt d dead among d student shld die for notin God wil surely judge all of dem. And dos who re in grive for d dead let dem die too nd allow d reasonable living soul amaong dem to end d strike.
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Olastep1(m): 11:14am On Nov 20, 2013
teamASUU#
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by otokx(m): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
This sounds more authentic but time will tell
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
wasak: if he hasn't recovered from d shock, he will never recover for life what concerns ur duty with a bloody shock. resign ur appointment and go by a bed space in d hospital till u recover from d shock.
professional crap!
Amen!
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by Engineer96(m): 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
ifeanyi_ja:

Scheduled by who?

you are an angel of doom.
Re: No Date For ASUU NEC Meeting Yet by ifeanyija(m): 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
Engineer96:

you are an angel of doom.
Angel of Lie

(1) (Reply)

Hnd/bsc Dichotomy / What To Do If Your Admission Does Not Work This Year / WAEC 2017/2018 E-registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.