Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Please Assess My Resume! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Assess My Resume! (1610 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Assess This Invite Pls... / Format Of A Nigerian Resume (CV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Assess My Resume! by ganye: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2006
pleasse i really appreciate all the guys that are responsible for the creation of this FANTASTIC site. CHEERS GUYS.

please i need you guys to please asess my CV.
thanks
sope
sopesupi@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Please Assess My Resume! by she(f): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2006
hi dear, i think its ok, but u can make ure address come immediately after ure name, and your work experience after ure school qualification, cos those are ure most important attributes.i will do a mock copy and send it to,so u can compare and have a better idea
goodluck
Re: Please Assess My Resume! by jummiee(f): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2006
Hi,

Checked out your cv, nice job, but you might need to rework it a little bit, try to include details that would spike up a prospective employer's interest, the truth is most human resource people spend about 45 seconds assesing the cv of potential candidates, and if your cv fails to capture their interest, then its relegated to the background in favour of more "interesing" ones.

What kind of work do you want to do? what would the H.R Manager be looking for? What significant achievements have you made during your brief working experience that might interest the Manager?

Granted that you have limited work experience, but a good cv is all about selling oneself, putting all your achievements on paper, in essence pricking the curiousity of the HR Manager and making him want to see you immediately. Writing a cv is not just providing biodata + educational profile. I learnt this from my work experience and from others as well.

I will give you more info later, meanwhile, think of how you can draft the answer to those questions in your cv, cheers.
Re: Please Assess My Resume! by lucylu: 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2006
hmmmmmmmm,just went thru your c.v,wats with the boxes?refrences arent added no more usually available on request.u also dont nid to added primary and secondary schools,just uni.take care
Re: Please Assess My Resume! by mizkay(f): 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2006
i agree with Lucylu. You really don't need all the tables. A cv is meant to be a simple word document. Should not look like an excel financial file. I could send you mine and a few i have helped out with (in confidence) so that may give you some orientation. Let me know.

(1) (Reply)

Those Writing Workforce Aptitude Test On 18th Jan,by 3.45pm Identify Here / Airtel / Ptdf 2012/2013 Scholarship Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.