Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee (1063 Views)

Guys Pleaseeeee I Need To Understand This Java Thing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Chiscomax(m): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2013
Dear Programmers,
My name is Nnadiekwe Dave(you can add me on facebook). i am from imo state but based in Delta state. 18yrs of age... although those information might not be necessary.

i just finished writing a java code and executed it using comand prompt and it worked very well. exactly what i wanted. Now the problem is that i want to take this application to the next level i.e designing the application verywell and to make it executable on devices running java platform and maybe android platforms as well.

i would like to know the cost of the development and design and where i could go for the designing and so on OR if you can help me with guidelines to make it executable, i would be very glad.

Thanks for reading all ye kind programmers and i wish to hear from you soon.
Yours Sincerely,
chidave.
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Javanian: 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
which type of program?
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Chiscomax(m): 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
it predicts answers to calculations. addition calculations... so, could you help me out?
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Javanian: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
Go and learn swing
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Chiscomax(m): 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
Javanian: Go and learn swing

i thought the journey was coming to an end... na wa o. swing again!! have you created any app? can i s it pls?
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by jboy01(m): 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
Chiscomax:

i thought the journey was coming to an end... na wa o. swing again!! have you created any app? can i s it pls?
Bro I think it time u follow the path up the road to real java Gui programming by learning swing. And if u know u are despirate to complete the work, u can use netbean ide drag and drop swing tool for the front end then do the back end programming urself. I think that would help.
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by codeaddict(m): 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Addition calculations? And you're already planning to create a GUI? grin
Boy, aren't you ambitious?

1 Like

Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
codeaddict: Addition calculations? And you're already planning to create a GUI? grin
Boy, aren't you ambitious?
Look who's talking....... You did crazier shit when you were a newbie

1 Like

Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
Chiscomax:

robophil..Com
Got one on my blog
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by codeaddict(m): 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
IamRoboPhil:
Look who's talking....... You did crazier shit when you were a newbie
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by prodam(m): 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Your feelings are understandable, simply due to ur eagerness, being overzealous and height of curiosity.

Well, you can't just help it but take one step @ a time..(Jordin Sparks sang that too).
Chidave, its good you are here and have heard about swing, which will solve most of your problems on graphical user interface(GUI).
Read more n wildly. With in-depth knowledge, creativity and magic happen.

For a start, get past the command prompt thing, get NetBeans IDE, get a good java book, one with a pragmatic approach. + google is ur wife for now.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by 0yewale(m): 6:17am On Nov 21, 2013
if you stay around warri....maybe i can help...swing is the way tho
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Chiscomax(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2013
codeaddict, it is a software that predicts the answere to calculations even before you solve them and all predictions tested are correct so stop laughing at me....

oyewale, i live in ughelli and ughelli to warri is about 35minutes so, i think you would be needed bro. thank you

prodam, God bless you. i will get books and also learn the swing ang leave cdm for good.
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by codeaddict(m): 11:01am On Nov 21, 2013
Chiscomax: codeaddict, it is a software that predicts the answers to calculations even before you solve them and all predictions tested are correct so stop laughing at me....
Why the euphemism? Prediction, calculation, solving, it all still translates to one thing - Your application performs addition calculations.
Trust me, some of us have been where you are, done crazier sshit without building GUIs to showcase distribute them, so try to follow the advice others have given. Learn swing, which might open your eyes to other stuff, then if after doing all that, you still feel the need to create a GUI for your Prediction app, then go ahead.
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Chiscomax(m): 11:06am On Nov 21, 2013
codeaddict:
Why the euphemism? Prediction, calculation, solving, it all still translates to one thing - Your application performs addition calculations.
Trust me, some of us have been where you are, done crazier sshit without building GUIs to showcase distribute them, so try to follow the advice others have given. Learn swing, which might open your eyes to other stuff, then if after doing all that, you still feel the need to create a GUI for your Prediction app, then go ahead.

all right... swing it is then. so mr code addict, what apps be u created so far? do you think it is possible to study comp sci in msc after doing mech engr in bEng?
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by codeaddict(m): 11:10am On Nov 21, 2013
Chiscomax:

all right... swing it is then. so mr code addict, what apps be u created so far? do you think it is possible to study comp sci in msc after doing mech engr in bEng?

You don't really need to study computer science formally, if you're going into programming.
You can find some of my stuff at github.com/oduaht
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Chiscomax(m): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2013
codeaddict:

You don't really need to study computer science formally, if you're going into programming.
You can find some of my stuff at github.com/oduaht

really? mehn, i love programming.. just started java and wish to know more. em... if i dont study comp sci, how can i work as a comp scientist then? i have seen your paint app, i tried downloading the zip and it was 8kb. how do u generate your income from the app?
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by prodam(m): 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
Bless you too bro @chiscomax

Learning programming is a gradual process. Its good you have got passion.

Continue you can do it. Read, read and practise. Note the 'read' twice meaning you just need to read more.
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by dsypha(m): 10:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
Chiscomax:

really? mehn, i love programming.. just started java and wish to know more. em... if i dont study comp sci, how can i work as a comp scientist then? i have seen your paint app, i tried downloading the zip and it was 8kb. how do u generate your income from the app?

*shudders*, Reminds me of my newbie days! Forget it if ur reason for learning programming is for the income! Have the passion for it, Love it... get addicted to it and all other things will fall right. Please remove that idea of the profit in it
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Chiscomax(m): 8:28am On Nov 22, 2013
dsypha:

*shudders*, Reminds me of my newbie days! Forget it if ur reason for learning programming is for the income! Have the passion for it, Love it... get addicted to it and all other things will fall right. Please remove that idea of the profit in it

lol, I will. thanks.
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by GoodBoi1(m): 8:45am On Nov 22, 2013
Isn't swing dead?
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by 0yewale(m): 9:06am On Nov 22, 2013
Chiscomax: codeaddict, it is a software that predicts the answere to calculations even before you solve them and all predictions tested are correct so stop laughing at me....

oyewale, i live in ughelli and ughelli to warri is about 35minutes so, i think you would be needed bro. thank you

prodam, God bless you. i will get books and also learn the swing ang leave cdm for good.

You can contact me on 08080719926 or BBM: 32E58E8B
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Javanian: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2013
Good Boi: Isn't swing dead?

Na you kill am?
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by GoodBoi1(m): 11:42am On Nov 22, 2013
but it's being replaced with javafx
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by dsypha(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
Good Boi: Isn't swing dead?

Yeah, You killed it, In your dreams though! You wish......
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by dsypha(m): 4:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Good Boi: but it's being replaced with javafx

JavaFx!!! You use it Just like that Out of the box
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Javanian: 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Well, can't really say, its over a 18 months i did anything on swing, i doubt JavaFX was actually a replacement to swing more like an alternative, and i feel JavaFX lost its original initiative along the line, the first release of JavaFX actually made some waves but ever since, it hasn't really been what it was promised it would be.
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Chiscomax(m): 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
javAfx or swing?
Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Javanian: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
start with swing

1 Like

Re: Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee by Chiscomax(m): 8:29am On Nov 23, 2013
Javanian: start with swing

swing it is then. thank you

(1) (Reply)

Going Opensource With Asp.net!! / Guys Z Ur Simple Server Still Working? / Learn Programming With Python..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.