Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,080 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Save Me From My Landlord And Agent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Save Me From My Landlord And Agent (561 Views)

My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! / My Landlord Insist I Pay Full Year Rent Or Pack Out In Lagos / My Landlord Insists On 1year Rent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Me From My Landlord And Agent by obanqua(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2013
I recently rented a 2bed apartment in a Lagos suburb.
The Agent claimed to be a Pastor and the landlord seems a nice, young man when we met.
Due to this fact, i believed when he told me he will run water into the apartment within 2 weeks.

However, a week after I packed in, I knew I couldn't continue in the area;
* Traffic to and from work.
* Terrible roads
*No electricity in the entire area
*No water in my apartment, I have been carrying jerry-cans to buy water.

Before you say, didn't you make enquirers before paying, I did.
Even my Aunt who stays around claimed electricity was fine till I later found out that its been so since April this year. I have seen power only once in 5 weeks.
I told my landlord to refund me and deduct whatever pleases him, but he is playing a game alongside his agent.

Nairalanders, please help: WHAT DO I DO?
Re: Save Me From My Landlord And Agent by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 20, 2013
Don't waste your energy and brain thinking of a refund.. They won't give to u... U have to manage and bear it...also u can sacrifice some money and run the water yourself, if its that unbearable... Money paid, is hardly returned especially in nija.. Lick your wounds and adjust.. As soon as the rent expires, u can move on to somewhere better...and lastly don't take people for their words by how docile and well dressed, or even roughly dressed they could appear... Let them complete, what they promised first, before any payments of sort happens.... I see , I like, am happy , then take...finito .

1 Like

Re: Save Me From My Landlord And Agent by ixora3(f): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
Where is the place..that no light nd water
Re: Save Me From My Landlord And Agent by obanqua(m): 10:08am On Nov 27, 2013
ixora3: Where is the place..that no light nd water

Irawo..........Ajegunle, after Owode Onorin towards Ikorodu, Lagos
Re: Save Me From My Landlord And Agent by Onuokwu: 4:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
obanqua: I recently rented a 2bed apartment in a Lagos suburb.
The Agent claimed to be a Pastor and the landlord seems a nice, young man when we met.
Due to this fact, i believed when he told me he will run water into the apartment within 2 weeks.

However, a week after I packed in, I knew I couldn't continue in the area;
* Traffic to and from work.
* Terrible roads
*No electricity in the entire area
*No water in my apartment, I have been carrying jerry-cans to buy water.

Before you say, didn't you make enquirers before paying, I did.
Even my Aunt who stays around claimed electricity was fine till I later found out that its been so since April this year. I have seen power only once in 5 weeks.
I told my landlord to refund me and deduct whatever pleases him, but he is playing a game alongside his agent.

Nairalanders, please help: WHAT DO I DO?

You may need to find somebody to sublet it to and find another place to stay. But just know you will have to do this at a huge discount.

(1) (Reply)

Properties For Sale In Akure / Needed Urgently By A Serious Client / Exquisitely Built 5 Bedroom Duplex At Chevy View Estate Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.