Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Its Dis Sunday. Wat Do U Lyk Most About CORPUS CHRISTI? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Its Dis Sunday. Wat Do U Lyk Most About CORPUS CHRISTI? (492 Views)

Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) / Shocking News: The Ex-muslim Priest Said That ”all Muslim Must Change To Christi / Corpus Christi (Latin for Body of Christ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Dis Sunday. Wat Do U Lyk Most About CORPUS CHRISTI? by maureensylvia(f): 11:27am On Nov 20, 2013
mehn dat tin dy swt me die. i will meet my old friends, meet my school mates, catch lots of funs. i cant wait to witness dis year's own. but am nt happy at d other side cos am getting married to an anglican next year...oops... so guys what do you like most in corpus christi.
Re: Its Dis Sunday. Wat Do U Lyk Most About CORPUS CHRISTI? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
It's feast of Christ The King not Corpus Christi.

As for me, I love the procession, the cannon shots, the band, the music, the dance and everything about it. cheesycheesy
Re: Its Dis Sunday. Wat Do U Lyk Most About CORPUS CHRISTI? by maureensylvia(f): 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=Baybe][b][color=#770077]It's feast of Christ The King not Corpus Christi.

u can call it corpus christi or christ the king. its the latin word
Re: Its Dis Sunday. Wat Do U Lyk Most About CORPUS CHRISTI? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=maureensylvia][/quote]Nah, Corpus Christi actually means Body of Christ. The feast of Corpus Christi should be around June or July and the procession that accompanies the feast of Christ the King is actually meant for the Feast of Corpus Christi. It was shifted cuz of the unpredictable weather during rainy seasons.
Re: Its Dis Sunday. Wat Do U Lyk Most About CORPUS CHRISTI? by italo: 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
In a nutshell, we have Corpus Christi Procession on the Feast of Christ the King...so that June rain no go beat us during procession.
Re: Its Dis Sunday. Wat Do U Lyk Most About CORPUS CHRISTI? by ona2: 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
corpus christi, i love everything about it. The long trekk, stares from people rushing out to have a look, the dancings, the altar boys, the priest, the flowergirls. I was a flowergirl for two years. The third year, the sisters said i was too tall. The event is great. Talk about the knights, the brigades, the different sections and we will be running around then looking for the group that was most interesting and finally crashing at st. gregs, Oh my, its great.
Re: Its Dis Sunday. Wat Do U Lyk Most About CORPUS CHRISTI? by nnaemeka38(m): 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
It is feast of Christ the King and not Corpus Christi. Corpus Christi stand for feast of body and blood of Christ. [quote author=maureensylvia][/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Fruit Of The Spirit / Calculate The Day You Die / The Christian And Alcohol (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.