Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats (40267 Views)

He-goats Try To Rape Another Goat (video) / Hidden Cameras Capture Forest Elephant's Activity In South-west Nigeria / Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
hehehehe......
kenyans sha, wetin dem dey think sef?
adonbilivit
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by nduchucks: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
Cheetahs are fast but are not long distance runners. These smart Africans knew that if they kept running and kept the cheetah in sight, it would simply be a matter of time before the Cheetah runs out of breadth. The truth is, the Cheetah is like Mr. Bolt who can run at lightning speeds for 100m, but if you pursue him, you will most likely catch up with him before he has covered a mile. shi kena.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Ignatio(m): 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Wonderful!!!
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by obyrich(m): 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
plusfield: Wow! Over a distance of four miles till the cheetas got tired? How on earth do we ever bother contesting in marathon runs with these breed of people?
Hussain Bolt must feel threatened reading this. I expect to see them in the next Olympics.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Sagamite(m): 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
sCun: ''seem'' is the keyword there. Perception isn't always the same as reality ''bro''.

If perception is not reality, how come virtually everything you say is dumb?

And your mentality is the same as any average illiterate?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by o42austino(m): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
chimex38: Like dey say.birds of a feather flock 2gether....who beta dan 2 chase & catch dose cheetah

but wait O! How 4 armless kenyan men with dier thin & muscleless body capture 2 cheetah?
Besides the cheetahs initial acceleration is enough 2 give dem an unreachable distance even if na jamaican bolt.

Besides d kenyans are long[slow] distance runners not short[fast] distance runners not 2 4get d fact dat we're
talkin about d fastest animal on Earth.... Even a Dog on a run cant b caught.
this is practicaly impossible accordin 2 P.N. OKEKEs Physics
cheetahs naturally does not hv endurance when it comes to distance running. yes they re the fastest but they don't hv endurance thats y preys easily escape from them and most of them stave to death in the wild.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by skipper123: 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dannylux: No matter how far Kenyans run, they can't run away from hunger.
untill ur head is pull from ur an*s u will never think straight
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by olabode89(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
chimex38: Like dey say.birds of a feather flock 2gether....who beta dan 2 chase & catch dose cheetah

but wait O! How 4 armless kenyan men with dier thin & muscleless body capture 2 cheetah?
Besides the cheetahs initial acceleration is enough 2 give dem an unreachable distance even if na jamaican bolt.

Besides d kenyans are long[slow] distance runners not short[fast] distance runners not 2 4get d fact dat we're

Hehehe...watch the video again, they hunted it down for 4 days. They must have been tracking the Cheetah.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Godwin305(m): 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
Kenyans out running cheaters, next Olympic Gold medalist am damn sure of that
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Ryda(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
Brave Men
Is like they are from the family group of Usain Bolt or they might be somehow related to him cheesy cheesy
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Psylas(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
Story story, (story) once upon a time, time time
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by rowligold: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
Na wa ooo
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Dalazyou(m): 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
it a lie oo,admin pls stop bluffin
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by planetuzor(m): 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Even a Dog on a run cant b caught.

I read that text like mad then
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Zsupuk(f): 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sagamite:

I must say, loveeeee how you put your points across...u have an admirer.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Suc4live(m): 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
Oya tell me say those for guyz neva run pass terry g....... *winks*
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Roon9(m): 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2013

Bros u fail to reckon that these are bushmen ( no pun intended.) As such they cn track down anythin within d forest as long as it has footprints)... Okeke no 1 tyn
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 21, 2013
Gaddemit.

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by bluntspirit(m): 4:22am On Nov 21, 2013
Hmmmmmm! Bolt is in trouble.......
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Prinzecharlez(m): 5:48am On Nov 21, 2013
Wat i learnt 4rm dis ez dat nothing is impossible,if i can think it,den i can do it if i jst believe it,jst imagine d anger dat fueled dose kenyan's determination.a can do spirit i wat is rily needed in dis era.who would have imagind dat feat,but because dose guyz have bin seriously pushd to d wall.they sought revenge nd made kenyans proud.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Chynx(m): 6:14am On Nov 21, 2013
o42austino: cheetahs naturally does not hv endurance when it comes to distance running. yes they re the fastest but they don't hv endurance thats y preys easily escape from them and most of them stave to death in the wild.
My dear, Cheetahs have a success rate of over 80% in hunting (Nageo Wild). They hardly miss their mark.

The sad part is that they try to eat quickly before other stronger carnivores locate them and rob them of their kill. They are fast but not strong and thus, hardly have guts to engage in a duel with other carnivores.

The Kenyan's and some Kalahari dwellers are know to chase down their preys (antelopes; e.g spring bucks, e.t.c) to exhaustion before capturing them. They are not very fast runners but trust me; they can keep the pace for hours!

In doubt?...Ask Google.

b

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by sCun: 7:03am On Nov 21, 2013
Sagamite:

Everything you said is your perception and I don't think you are the yardstick for measuring the ''dumbness'' or ''smartness'' of whatever one says. It is simply your opinion .
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by LBT: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2013
bufness: not surprised cheetahs re short distance runners not endurance runners
BTW:if na lion dem no go pursue am o
They do chase lions but with spears.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by WizPrince1(m): 8:42am On Nov 21, 2013
bufness: not surprised cheetahs re short distance runners not endurance runners
BTW:if na lion dem no go pursue am o
#Envy, look at what you're saying. Can you run to someone holding cutlass and pointing at you? Talkless of something that would eat you up.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:52am On Nov 21, 2013
GReat job by these Somali men.

THey did good by not killing the Cheetah.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by hohafrank(m): 8:57am On Nov 21, 2013
Grace Ezeh: Hmmmm. I comment my reserve
I reserve my comment
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by logica(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

THey did good by not killing the Cheetah.

If they did, they would have been arrested.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by LeStylo: 9:13am On Nov 21, 2013

A cheetah's initial run cannot exceed 100km/hr, and they seldom do more than 120m before gassing out. So they remain within eyesight and can be captured with persistent chase sir smiley
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2013
These men are from the Somali Garreh clan. I don't know about the ones in Kenya but in Ethiopia and Somalia, they are known for hunting lions. My dad told me stories about them during his time in South Somalia. He told me how only one man would go after the beast after it attacks his village and he would return with the lions head, claws and tail whilst singing a famous Garreh war chant.

I reckon this is different to killing lions though, they just used their brains to capture the cheetah.

I couldn't help but laugh when the old man said they want the government to pay for the damages lmao such a somali thing to do haha good luck to getting the compensation grin grin
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:46am On Nov 21, 2013
yousuf12: These men are from the Somali Garreh clan. I don't know about the ones in Kenya but in Ethiopia and Somalia, they are known for hunting lions. My dad told me stories about them during his time in South Somalia. He told me how only one man would go after the beast after it attacks his village and he would return with the lions head, claws and tail whilst singing a famous Garreh war chant.

I reckon this is different to killing lions though, they just used their brains to capture the cheetah.

I couldn't help but laugh when the old man said they want the government to pay for the damages lmao such a somali thing to do haha good luck to getting the compensation grin grin

wariya are you sure it is your Soomali clansmen killing the lions or the lions slaughtering your fellow people

If only Lions could speak. .

[size=28pt]read this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1043236/african-lions-take-revenge-soomalis[/size]
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by protonz(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2013
check out this link.......wowamazing http:///1bEuSc6
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 21, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

wariya are you sure it is your Soomali clansmen killing the lions or the lions slaughtering your fellow people

If only Lions could speak. .

[size=28pt]read this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1043236/african-lions-take-revenge-soomalis[/size]

Warya I'm not Garreh but trust me they are fierce warriors, no one dares to mess with the Garreh.

Lmao they actually deserved it you know. Thank god we don't have lions up north, we only got hyenas and leopards there and they are lightweight grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yemi Akinyemi Dele Selected By Yusaku Maezawa For Moon Trip / Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. / Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.