Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,147 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed (20705 Views)

Police Kill 5 Armed Robbers, Arrest 1 In Fierce Gun Battle In Lekki, Lagos / Police Kill Two Robbery Suspects In Gun Battle In Delta State (Graphic Pic) / Police, Robbers In Gun Battle In Ogun , 2 Killed (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Pattey(m): 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Armed Robbers held residents of Akanro Street in Ilasamaja area of Lagos hostage for over an hour with persistent gunshots.

Motorists stopped mid-way (at Agiri Bus-stop), turning back to avoid running into the dare-devil robbers who were a few meters away.

This correspondent monitored events from the said bus stop to get an appraisal of the event.

Initial accounts suggested the armed robbers were attempting to rob. However, on visiting the scene, eye witnesses at the spot of the 'final showdown' explained that the robbers were fleeing from the police and were double crossed at Power-line junction (on Akanro road) by another detachment of SARS operatives.

The resulting gunshots lasted several minutes within the over 1-hour operation, making residents several streets away scamper to safety.

Two of the alleged robbers were killed on the spot and one was taken away with serious gun-shot wounds.
As people gathered at the scene of the bloody encounter, some people were seen picking shelled 'Bullet Casings'. This depicted a high level of ignorance by many people as such could put them in trouble. If peradventure, one of those picking the bullet casings were to be stopped in a police 'stop and search' operation, how would he/she justify the possesion of such items? Despite efforts to stop people, as one person drops a shell, another simply picked it up, and off into his pocket it went. The situation was simply hopeless.

It will perhaps be my first time of commending the Nigerian Police Force, BUT this evening after several robberies in my area, eye-witness accounts describe the SARS operatives as courageous Gallant men. God bless them (the courageous ones) and by his (God's grace), the corruption infested ones will either turn a new leaf or be exposed to ridicule.

It is christmas season again, and the boys are desperate as usual. It is noteworthy that they are not the only ones frustrated with the Nigerian state (and condition).
While some of us continue to weather the storm, in most cases, they choose to further oppress less privileged citizens like themselves; may God help us all.

NB: The bodies were taken away by the police but atttached pictures show shelled bullet casings and blood spatters from those killed. It is quite thick suggesting blown out skulls.

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
This is why I always fume when I see people ridiculing the Nigeria Police Force. That force has in its ranks some of the bravest men and women on the face of this planet. Ready to battle hardened armed robbers of the type London or New York policemen have never seen. Hundreds of them are killed yearly in these exchanges with robbers. They patrol the streets in their vehicles in the dead of night ready to take on these robbers, while we sleep comfortably in our homes, taking everything for granted. In fact one can say without reservation that the only thing standing between the majority of us 'middle class' type and those hideous, murderous men of the underworld are the brave men and officers of the Nigerian Police. Kudos to the force for their efforts.

I also implore Mr President to further increase the pay of these officers, to match the level of risk and effort involved in the job!

51 Likes

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by chimex38: 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
The police only respond in one in a million rapid cases. Thumbs ur sha..
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Tolexander: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
ROSSIKE: This is why I always fume when I see people ridiculing the Nigeria Police Force. That force has in its ranks some of the bravest men and women on the face of this planet. Ready to battle hardened armed robbers of the type London or New York policemen have never seen. Hundreds of them are killed yearly in these exchanges with robbers. They patrol the streets in their vehicles in the dead of night ready to take on these robbers, while we sleep comfortably in our homes, taking everything for granted. In fact one can say without reservation that the only thing standing between the majority of us 'middle class' type and those hideous, murderous men of the underworld are the brave men and officers of the Nigerian Police. Kudos to the force for their efforts.

I also implore Mr President to further increase the pay of these officers, to match the level of risk and effort involved in the job!

they will be better than you think if your oga(GEJ) can help to equip them with modern and more sophisticated weapons in addition to befitting allowances and salary.

NB: May thunder fire you if you tell me to STFU!

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Tolexander: they will be better than you think if your oga(GEJ) can help to equip them with modern and more sophisticated weapons in addition to befitting allowances and salary.

lol.. why would I tell you to STFU?.... Funny guy. smiley

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Pattey(m): 11:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
The pictures have been attached. Scroll up

In this one below; follow the arrows (poorly drawn though cheesy) and see some of the bullets fired. . . Well, those that 'survived' being picked by onlookers *Other bullet fragments littered the surrounding environment*

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by sopoundz(m): 1:03am On Nov 21, 2013
God bless Nigeria
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Tuntheycr7: 2:32am On Nov 21, 2013
some people were seen picking shelled 'Bullet Casings'.

And WTF are dey ganna do wit it

If such rapid response can b done @ all time, den tinx wud surely get Betta

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by gbadexy(m): 7:24am On Nov 21, 2013
SARS aren't your regular police, they are like an elite unit with very high success rate. Especially SARS lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by strangest(m): 7:49am On Nov 21, 2013
Tolexander: they will be better than you think if your oga(GEJ) can help to equip them with modern and more sophisticated weapons in addition to befitting allowances and salary.

GEj is really trying with the NPF. First police academy and no more waec recruit
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 21, 2013
I wonder goats often pretend to be what they are not. Trying to impress people who hardly notice them.

And the quest to maintain such dirty status often lead them into armed robbery.

So many persons have lost their lives to these goats who indulge in robberies.

It often goes higher whenever christmas approaches.

StupId people.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by igbsam(m): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2013
Kudos to the gallant SARS officers.....I actually witnessed some of them in a shootout with some armed bandits along abule egba sometimes ago. It was a rambo/commando kind of shoot out. They are brave men.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 21, 2013
gbadexy: SARS aren't your regular police, they like an elite unit with very high success rate. Especially SARS lagos.
Exactly.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Lagos NPF are quite efficient in responding to distress calls. Nice one
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by LMAyedun(m): 9:35am On Nov 21, 2013
Rest In pieces to the dead criminals
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Ugom38(f): 9:37am On Nov 21, 2013
.well to whom much is given much is expected,my bible said so not me.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Dygeasy(m): 9:40am On Nov 21, 2013
The Guy Below Me Is A Goat.

Even In More Developed Countries, Do Their Police Tackle Terrorists?

Mumu Oshi. undecided

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by chimex38: 9:45am On Nov 21, 2013
If na boko u no go see dem...dem go disappear com dey tell u...we will investigate.... Why u no prevent am...Police & selection of robbery cases....mtchwwww
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by IAMBREEZY: 9:45am On Nov 21, 2013
The NPF are really trying, kudos to them.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by imsuboi(m): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2013
wink

3 Likes

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2013
whats the purpose of the pictures ?

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by imsuboi(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2013
IAMBREEZY: The NPF are realy trying, kudos to them.

ekaromail: Our policemen are finally bracing up

just 1 yeye shoot out & y'all are showering the NPF with praises, I guess you've not had an encounter with them..

I reserve my comments sha

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Lilimax(f): 9:53am On Nov 21, 2013
Kudos to the Police force for a job well done.
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2013
20 naira freaks
Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by mustaphagreens(m): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2013
ROSSIKE: This is why I always fume when I see people ridiculing the Nigeria Police Force. That force has in its ranks some of the bravest men and women on the face of this planet. Ready to battle hardened armed robbers of the type London or New York policemen have never seen. Hundreds of them are killed yearly in these exchanges with robbers. They patrol the streets in their vehicles in the dead of night ready to take on these robbers, while we sleep comfortably in our homes, taking everything for granted. In fact one can say without reservation that the only thing standing between the majority of us 'middle class' type and those hideous, murderous men of the underworld are the brave men and officers of the Nigerian Police. Kudos to the force for their efforts.

No need for the long sermon bro, i get it, you have a bro who's currently a police officer grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed by Akshow: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2013
Issorait.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 In 10 Nigerian Women In Italy Are Sex Trafficking Victims / Nigeria Ranked 16th In FBI Global Cybercrime Victims Report / Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.