Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,116 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. (34300 Views)

Jaden Smith Covers British GQ Style Magazine | Opens Up On Wearing Female Cloth / Dress For Success: How To Dress For A Job Interview (Visual guide) / Beyoncé's GQ Photo Shoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Hotdiamond(m): 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
mehn. I'm going to get myself a well crafted, well tailoerd inexpensive suit.

*InBarneysVoice*

it's going to be

LEGEN...

wait For it.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by zivility: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
most educating - incredibly unbelievable from nairaland
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Johnnny(m): 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nice write-up
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by igbanbajo(m): 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
EyeKandy: As with buying quality dress shoes, getting the right fit is paramount when you need to buy a suit. These interactive graphics take the mystery out of buying a suit that fits, whether you're looking for a single-breasted, double-breasted, or three-piece suit.

You may observe that I don't write too much. Let pictures do the talking. Enjoy!

Ever wondered why a suit looked so good on the mannequin or model, yet you're still not as sharp? I got you, GQ style. kiss
Source? World Wide Web.

Bookmarked.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by tjskii(f): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hotdiamond: mehn. I'm going to get myself a well crafted, well tailoerd inexpensive suit.

*InBarneysVoice*

it's going to be

LEGEN...

wait For it.

DARY cheesy
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Xano(m): 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
Thanks a lot for the info. I've saved the page.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Caracta(f): 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
2legit2qwt: Good topic.

I hardly find suits that fits me right off the shelf or even online. My biceps makes it hard that when it fits my arms, the sides become too loose. I guess that's the cross i have to bear for my unconventional body shape cry

You really need to slow down. I keep telling you.

Nice thread. Bookmarked.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Austyn44(m): 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nice!
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Jluvu: 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Thanks for these tips.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by 2legit2qwt: 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Caracta:

You really need to slow down. I keep telling you.

Nice thread. Bookmarked.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by folahann(m): 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
Really likes this thread. Can't get a suit that really fits without my belly's disturbance.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by GideonG(m): 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
You should be importing suits and be selling on Nairaland and Facebook. I will buy!
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by speakthetruth: 11:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nice one
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Kedro(m): 1:10am On Nov 27, 2013
Something like this! wink

1 Like

Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Chartey(m): 1:48am On Nov 27, 2013
Kedro: Something like this! wink
Please where do you buy your suits from? We've got almost the same build but even size 44 gives me problems.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Chartey(m): 1:55am On Nov 27, 2013
Anybody with good tips on how to wear Babanriga/Agbada or Danshiki/Buba right? Good pictures too will be appreciated. I think this is the best forum in the whole world to get such.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by EyeKandy(f): 3:07am On Nov 27, 2013

That's right! kiss
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by oseiwe(m): 4:43am On Nov 27, 2013
Kudos to u, eyekandy. I tink I'll hv to change one or two suits, but d others r fine going by your assessment.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by joshneku: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2013
Excellent!
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by igbsam(m): 7:53am On Nov 27, 2013
That label spoilt it.....you should have taken it off...But nice suit though. I'm a suit person and i've got 18 different collections of suit in my wardrobe. Nice thread Op........
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by etunoman76(m): 8:03am On Nov 27, 2013
Wonderful post!!! I never liked suits, but these days I have turned a fan, thanks to my wife, and I have learnt quite a lot here. Thanks OP!
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Kedro(m): 8:24am On Nov 27, 2013
Chartey:
Please where do you buy your suits from? We've got almost the same build but even size 44 gives me problems.
someone bought them for me,probably from one of those big markets in lagos
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Kedro(m): 8:31am On Nov 27, 2013
igbsam:
That label spoilt it.....you should have taken it off...But nice suit though. I'm a suit person and i've got 18 different collections of suit in my wardrobe. Nice thread Op........
yea! I took it off after the picture session,you know!it was a new suit.thanks
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by andymofia(m): 8:53am On Nov 27, 2013

please remove the label on your jacket sleeves. Is that a boot you are wearing?
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by stildude(m): 9:23am On Nov 27, 2013
One does not need to be a professional to notice these kind of things. Some people do have that style/ fashion sense or eye. They can spot right or wrong immediately even mentally. No offence, I think professionals should handle Pst Adeyemi's wardrobe. I personally feel his suits and shirt sleeves are a non fit and always look too large on him. Maybe not always, but I can't remember seeing a good one. I am a great fan and he is a great guy. Noticed the sleeve yesterday on Kingdom Africa having wide cuffs almost recoiling at the folded ends. The wrist watch was looking kind of hidden inside. it was disturbing to me. I am sorry I had to make this comment here. He is certainly an expert on motivation but I score him low on fashion. I know he is a change crusader too.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Kedro(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2013
andymofia:

please remove the label on your jacket sleeves. Is that a boot you are wearing?
lol.I see you know nothing about shoes.n about the label,that was taken care of after the picture session.
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by onecola: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
nice
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by fctguy: 6:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
why is the guy's label still on the suit?
i wonder why some guys do not wear socks!
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Kedro(m): 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
fctguy:
why is the guy's label still on the suit?
i wonder why some guys do not wear socks!
I see it's all about me now!its rather presumptuous for you to think I didn't have a sock on...
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by fctguy: 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
Kedro: I see it's all about me now!its rather presumptuous for you to think I didn't have a sock on...

No hard feelings bros I actually dig your pose wink
Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by WebSurfer(m): 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Did I Get It Right?

I decided to give it a try.
this is my first time I am buying/wearing a suit and I will like to know if I did got it right, thanks

1 Like

Re: Visual Guide On How To Buy Men's Suit - GQ STYLE. by Chartey(m): 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
@WebSurfer ;DYou look like BasketMouth. It's nice. My only problem is your footwear. I'd have preferred a heeled shoe, but then we all have different tastes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mr And Miss Nigeria International 2016 Finalist In Their Tradition Attires / Meet The Queen Of Aso Nigeria 2015 Contestants- Photos / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.