Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene (31588 Views)

Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) / Troops Intercept Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists Recover Arms / Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by adamooye5(m): 8:38am On Nov 21, 2013
The Oyo State Police Command on Tuesday paraded two armed robbery suspects who were caught after one of them accidentally shot himself in the lap.

Idowu Peters, who is from Edo State, Segun Babalola and another man who is at large, had robbed a house on Rafiu Adetola Street, Aromolaran in the Agugu area of Ibadan on November 8.

They succeeded in stealing a laptop, mobile telephones and jewellery from their victims at gun point.

However, Peters was said to have shot himself in the lap with a locally-made pistol used in the robbery. It was said he was putting the gun in his pocket when it accidentally fired. He was abandoned by his accomplices who also took the gun from him.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Ndabawa, added that Babalola was arrested when he attempted to use the gun to rob a motorcyclist along Sawmill area of Ibadan.

He said, “He was caught while trying to rob a motorcyclist two days after he escaped from a robbery scene in Ibadan. We are looking for the third member.”

Peters told our correspondent that he was arrested when a policeman saw him in a pool of blood, adding that he bought the gun for the purpose of the robbery.

“While trying to escape the robbery scene, the gun I was holding went off and hit my lap. I fell and waited until the following morning in a bush. But while limping off in the morning, a policeman saw that my trousers were stained with blood and arrested me. I bought the gun in Ijagba, Edo State for N16,000. The seller gave me bullets too,” he said.

His partner, Segun, said he was trying to come up with a way to help Peters when he was caught with the gun.

“We left him somewhere around the scene of the robbery after he was injured. In the morning, I went to airport area in Ibadan to find solution to his problem but somehow, I was caught by the police. I think someone must have given then information about me,” he said.
http://www.punchng.com/metro/robber-shoots-self-while-fleeing-from-scene/
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Impulse80(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
undecided imagine if no be the mumu spammer above me i for be FTC angry angry
[size=16pt] Smoking gun presents worlds dumbest Robbery! cheesy cheesy[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Clemzy16(m): 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
Village tinz

1 Like

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by pharmow: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
[size=16pt]I pray that the evil that lives in every armed robbers that makes them commit inhumane and barbaric acts will be the same thing that leads to their misfortune and arrest just like this mofo. Amen[/size]

13 Likes

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by kaywhynoni: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Good for dem........
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by 9ce(m): 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner. Good for them.
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Pukkah: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
adamooye5: I bought the gun in Ijagba, Edo State for N16,000. The seller gave me bullets too,” he said.

Hope the seller of the gun will also be traced and apprehended.

4 Likes

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Babanl(m): 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
O boy. Jazz dey ooo
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by LMAyedun(m): 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Bushmeat don catch hunter be dat!!

2 Likes

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by princeonx: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
shineureyes: 1st 2 comment

Olodo

15 Likes

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Polio: 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
Serves the fuc...ker right

Would have been better if he didnt survive to tell the tale.

1 Like

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Zikdik(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pele.
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
am i d only 1 noticing dt NAIRALAND is running out of FP materials. . . .#SMH

6 Likes

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by LMAyedun(m): 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
Take your trophy grin

1 Like

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by princeonx: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
adamooye5: The Oyo State Police Command on Tuesday paraded two armed robbery suspects who were caught after one of them accidentally shot himself in the lap.

Idowu Peters, who is from Edo State, Segun Babalola and another man who is at large, had robbed a house on Rafiu Adetola Street, Aromolaran in the Agugu area of Ibadan on November 8.

They succeeded in stealing a laptop, mobile telephones and jewellery from their victims at gun point.

However, Peters was said to have shot himself in the lap with a locally-made pistol used in the robbery. It was said he was putting the gun in his pocket when it accidentally fired. He was abandoned by his accomplices who also took the gun from him.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Ndabawa, added that Babalola was arrested when he attempted to use the gun to rob a motorcyclist along Sawmill area of Ibadan.

He said, “He was caught while trying to rob a motorcyclist two days after he escaped from a robbery scene in Ibadan. We are looking for the third member.”

Peters told our correspondent that he was arrested when a policeman saw him in a pool of blood, adding that he bought the gun for the purpose of the robbery.

“While trying to escape the robbery scene, the gun I was holding went off and hit my lap. I fell and waited until the following morning in a bush. But while limping off in the morning, a policeman saw that my trousers were stained with blood and arrested me. I bought the gun in Ijagba, Edo State for N16,000. The seller gave me bullets too,” he said.

His partner, Segun, said he was trying to come up with a way to help Peters when he was caught with the gun.

“We left him somewhere around the scene of the robbery after he was injured. In the morning, I went to airport area in Ibadan to find solution to his problem but somehow, I was caught by the police. I think someone must have given then information about me,” he said.
http://www.punchng.com/metro/robber-shoots-self-while-fleeing-from-scene/
Good for the guy! Hahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by horlajide: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
shocked Testimony time!!

Umu chinekeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
The lorttt is gooooooodtttt…….
I say the lortttt isi gooooodttt ooooo
wink

2 Likes

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by LMAyedun(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
screenagerjoe: am i d only 1 noticing dt NAIRALAND is running out of FP materials. . . .#SMH
Yes, you are the only one Bruh!!

6 Likes

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by donconior: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
dumb criminals

1 Like

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Fayol58(m): 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
grin ; lol
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by glowrya(f): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nemesis finally caught up with you, next time be more careful, assuming there would be a next time cos am so sure of the torture u wld go through in the hands of the policemen u wish u were rather dead.
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
Chai!. First class ticket to Hell fire

1 Like

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
All zzzz well
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by RockMaxi: 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
Why parading the self afflicted dumbass, why not ease him out of life.. cheesy
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
*tired *
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by slimthugchimee(m): 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2013
I heard this shit from lord lugard
Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by GetGuide: 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
he is a learner

1 Like

Re: Robber Shoots Self While Fleeing From Scene by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
their cups are full to da brim,crime never pays.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Group Pours Pepper Into Sales Girls’ Private Parts / How I Sent My Victims To Prison In Togo - Fraduster Confesses (pics) / Keke Driver Found Dead In Kakuri, Kaduna (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.