Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die (1812 Views)

What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced / Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by RSAMAN(m): 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
1. Alter Bridge - All hope is gone

2. Metallica - The day that never comes

3. Metallica - The unforgiven iii

4. Creed - my own prison

5. Nirvana - Smells like teenage spirit

6. Alter Bridge - metalingus

7. Green Day - know your enemy

8. Scorpions - the good die young

9. korn - get up

10. Symphony X - the end of innocence.

4 Likes

Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by adezjamz(m): 12:34am On Nov 22, 2013
Downloading.....

1 Like

Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 22, 2013
dude.... Most songs on your list definitely wont appeal to a non-rock fan. Korn, Alter bridge, Metallica....... Wtf??
My opinion, let them start with the ones they can easily relate to such as Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Kelly Clarkson, Switchfoot, Greenday, Daughtry, The fray, Coldplay then maybe a lil bit of Rise Against and errrrr ..... oh ofcourse, 30 seconds to Mars.

3 Likes

Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 22, 2013
my top ten rock songs ever.....
1) Green Day - Boulevard of broken dreams
2) Gun n Roses - November rain
3) Led Zeppelin - Stairway to heaven
4) Breakin Benjamin - Give me a sign
5) Nirvana - Smell like teens spirit
6) Paparoach - Scars
7) Evanescence - Bring me to life
cool Aerosmith - Jaded
9) Rise Against - The reason
10) Coldplay - The scientist

1 Like

Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by RSAMAN(m): 7:44am On Nov 22, 2013
Paroman: dude.... Most songs on your list definitely wont appeal to a non-rock fan. Korn, Alter bridge, Metallica....... Wtf??
My opinion, let them start with the ones they can easily relate with such as Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Kelly Clarkson, Switchfoot, Greenday, Daughtry, The fray, Coldplay then maybe a lil bit of Rise Against and errrrr ..... oh ofcourse, 30 seconds to Mars.

Linkin Park? C'mon dude linkin park? Their music is just catchy but weak. And how there you pick on alter bridge? This the best band you can introduce a non-rock fan to rock, their music is so melodic and easy to relate to, probably the best band i have heard in ages, all hope is gone for you pal. And metallica pal, any non-rock fan will fall in love with those two metallica songs. Wtf?

1 Like

Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by RSAMAN(m): 7:46am On Nov 22, 2013
Paroman: my top ten rock songs ever.....
6) Paparoach - Scars
cool Aerosmith - Jaded

Are you jealous of my list pal?
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by kkon(m): 8:00am On Nov 22, 2013
Paroman: my top ten rock songs ever.....
6) Paparoach - Scars
cool Aerosmith - Jaded
U forgot yellow card, system of a down, my chemical romance, fallout boy..those are classics dat nevr cease to awake the rockstar in me..lol

1 Like

Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 22, 2013
RSAMAN:

Linkin Park? C'mon dude linkin park? Their music is just catchy but weak. And how there you pick on alter bridge? This the best band you can introduce a non-rock fan to rock, their music is so melodic and easy to relate to, probably the best band i have heard in ages, all hope is gone for you pal. And metallica pal, any non-rock fan will fall in love with those two metallica songs. Wtf?
Linkin park over alter bridge anytime, anyday. Always hated their songs since Creed was disbanded; dunno why though. Metallica is a cool band, really cool actually..,.. but heavy metals for a non-rock fan?... Naaaahh!!
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 22, 2013
RSAMAN:

Are you jealous of my list pal?
lols.... .hell No. But I got a better list. ...... **chuckles**
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 22, 2013
kkon:
U forgot yellow card, system of a down, my chemical romance, fallout boy..those are classics dat nevr cease to awake the rockstar in me..lol
lols.......my bad. Add to my list
11) System of down- Chop Suey.
12) My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the parade
13) Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
14) Fallout boys - Thanks for the Memories.
Classic rock rules...... Lols.

2 Likes

Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by RSAMAN(m): 10:41am On Nov 22, 2013
Paroman:
Linkin park over alter bridge anytime, anyday. Always hated their songs since Creed was disbanded; dunno why though. Metallica is a cool band, really cool actually..,.. but heavy metals for a non-rock fan?... Naaaahh!!

linkin park over alter bridge? Joke of the year. Linkin park is crap pal, it's an abomination to even mention alter bridge and linkin park in the same sentence, ab will eat lp for breakfast pal anyday, we ain't even going to get to dinner, go recommend your cheesy, catchy and no substance lp at kindergarten because it doesn't mean that you should recommend lp to someone based on the fact they don't listen to rock. And what do you say about metallica pal? I tell you what, my sister jams to metallica's 'the day that never comes' all day and she doesn't even like rock, even the soft, catchy ones you claim are great she doesn't like, she even called metallica's said song the greatest she ever heard, she also like st. Anger by metallica. And i understand why you hate alter bridge so much, all because creed had broken up, since creed made some soft rock music it was a sad day for you but for me it was my happiest day otherwise we would not have a band such as alter bridge which is a 100 times better than creed, but unfortunately you found ab heavier for your liking since you want kindergarten music, creed doesn't match ab's riffs, passion, intensity, melody, and even scott stapp doesn't come close to myles kennedy's 4 octave vocals. Don't even compare lp to korn because lp is kiddy music compared to korn, but atleast you can cheerish one thing pal, creed is back together.
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by RSAMAN(m): 10:56am On Nov 22, 2013
Paroman:
lols.... .hell No. But I got a better list. ...... **chuckles**

i don't see how it's any better pal, explain.
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:21am On Nov 23, 2013
Funny list. I'm a rock fan and I hate most of the songs in that list. Including the likes of Korn and Metallica for non-rock fans is nuts. And they aren't even great songs.

I'd recommend a lot of classic rock songs and a few newer ones.
1) Good Times, Bad Times - Led Zeppelin
2) Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
3) Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns n Roses
4) Layla - Eric Clapton
5) Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
6) All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
7) Hotel California - Eagles
cool Satisfaction - Rolling Stone
9) Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas
10) Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

Generally songs from the 60's to the 80's. So many to name among more recent acts I'm familiar with.
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by RSAMAN(m): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2013
Obi1kenobi: Funny list. I'm a rock fan and I hate most of the songs in that list. Including the likes of Korn and Metallica for non-rock fans is nuts. And they aren't even great songs.

I'd recommend a lot of classic rock songs and a few newer ones.
1) Good Times, Bad Times - Led Zeppelin
2) Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
3) Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns n Roses
4) Layla - Eric Clapton
5) Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
6) All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
7) Hotel California - Eagles
cool Satisfaction - Rolling Stone
9) Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas
10) Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

Generally songs from the 60's to the 80's. So many to name among more recent acts I'm familiar with.

I've already addressed that, learn to read posts before posting anything. I hate going round in circles. By the way Metallica pisses on every band you listed pal.
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
RSAMAN:

I've already addressed that, learn to read posts before posting anything. I hate going round in circles. By the way Metallica pisses on every band you listed pal.
You think Metallica are better than Led Zeppelin - by far the most influential rock band of the last century and probably only 2nd to the Beatles in general music influence? grin
You think Metallica are better than Rolling Stones, or Jimi Hendrix, or Eric Clapton? Okay na. Your opinions are yours. Who am I to argue? grin
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by RSAMAN(m): 11:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
You think Metallica are better than Led Zeppelin - by far the most influential rock band of the last century and probably only 2nd to the Beatles in general music influence? grin
You think Metallica are better than Rolling Stones, or Jimi Hendrix, or Eric Clapton? Okay na. Your opinions are yours. Who am I to argue? grin

And where do you put Pink Floyd in your little list pal?
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:31am On Nov 24, 2013
RSAMAN:

And where do you put Pink Floyd in your little list pal?
Pink Floyd are certainly all time greats - not far from Zeppelin. But to claim Metallica are greater than Led Zeppelin is ridiculous. Other than the Beatles, no band has achieved the level of wide ranging, enduring influence that Led Zeppelin have had. Perhaps, groups like the Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd come close but certainly not Metallica. Metallica themselves and their peer bands probably had Led Zeppelin as their idols.
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by RSAMAN(m): 6:44am On Nov 24, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
Pink Floyd are certainly all time greats - not far from Zeppelin. But to claim Metallica are greater than Led Zeppelin is ridiculous. Other than the Beatles, no band has achieved the level of wide ranging, enduring influence that Led Zeppelin have had. Perhaps, groups like the Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd come close but certainly not Metallica. Metallica themselves and their peer bands probably had Led Zeppelin as their idols.

Being influencial does not necesarily mean you're the greatest. Black sabbath invented metal, does that mean they're the greatest metal band? And you probably didn't get why i was asking about pink floyd, it was not because i'm a fan, in fact i'm not a fan at all, i was asking because alot people say it's the greatest band ever but you were listing the top two bands without mentioning pf at all. One day i went with what people were saying and downloaded pf - wish you were here and i was like ''is this the greatest band everyone is raving about''. I gave that crap only 3 spins and that was all about it, the disc is now gathering dust, after which i was back to banging my head to metallica all day everyday, if my favorite bands didn't exist and it was only pink floyd, led zeppelin, the beatles etc... I would not be listening to rock today because those bands are so light in the a55. How long have you been listening to rock pal?
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2013
RSAMAN:

Being influencial does not necesarily mean you're the greatest. Black sabbath invented metal, does that mean they're the greatest metal band? And you probably didn't get why i was asking about pink floyd, it was not because i'm a fan, in fact i'm not a fan at all, i was asking because alot people say it's the greatest band ever but you were listing the top two bands without mentioning pf at all. One day i went with what people were saying and downloaded pf - wish you were here and i was like ''is this the greatest band everyone is raving about''. I gave that crap only 3 spins and that was all about it, the disc is now gathering dust, after which i was back to banging my head to metallica all day everyday, if my favorite bands didn't exist and it was only pink floyd, led zeppelin, the beatles etc... I would not be listening to rock today because those bands are so light in the a55. How long have you been listening to rock pal?
I've listened to rock since childhood, exploring every sub-genre of it. You somehow arrogantly suppose you're the only one with any knowledge or appreciation of it. Your preference of Metallica may be understandable but the absolute statements making them out to be better than FAR more influential, more successful, greater bands is ridiculous. You may prefer Metallica as a matter of taste but you can't declare them better than those bands as if it's demonstrable fact rather than an individual opinion based on personal preference.
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by RSAMAN(m): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
I've listened to rock since childhood, exploring every sub-genre of it

Well it's only been 6months since i've started listening to rock

Your preference of Metallica may be understandable but the absolute statements making them out to be better than FAR more influential, more successful, greater bands is ridiculous

Not as ridiculous as declaring your list as better than mine. grin

Maybe your list has great songs, i don't know man. I'm just saying i ain't feeling them, and introducing someone to a new genre doesn't necessarily mean you have to recommend the greatest songs, it can even make them hate the genre. And saying metal is not a way to introducing someone to rock is heavily flawed. The first song that made me fall in love with rock is 'metallica's the day that never comes'. And like i said my sister also likes metallica and even katatonia but hates rock in general.

You
somehow arrogantly suppose you're the
only one with any knowledge or
appreciation of it

You're the one that came and ridiculed my post.
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by philfearon(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
You guys self! Instead of followin in the Op's cue,you are nw arguing abt best Rock bands? Every rock band is great,acceptance depends only on audience{listeners}...
I remember when i started listenin to rock songs back in 2009/2010,it was one of the best tinz that happened to me!
I started out with JASON MRAZ ,and he's my best till dis day!
However,on topic,soft rock is the best intro to rock songs...Well,maybe most people dnt knw,but Westlife,Backstreetboys,N'sync et al,are all rock bands...
For starters:
all the right moves-Onerepublic
21 guns- Green day
Wordplay-JASON MRAZ
93 Million miles - Jason Mraz
24 - Switchfoot
Try downloading songs from:David Cook,Secondhand Serenade,Sanctus Real too!
just for starters!
Re: For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
RSAMAN:

What nonsense?

(1) (Reply)

First Time Music Was Heard In Nigeria In The Year 1895 At Lagos / [LYRICS] M.I Abaga – “the Viper” (vector Diss) / (mixtape) Best Of Asa Vs Johnny Drille Vs Timi Dakolo By Dj Kheedakid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.