Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! (2454 Views)

Keshi: We Played In An 'evil Forest' / Kelechi Ihenacho Scores Again... / KELECHI IHENACHO HEADING FOR GHANA (2) (3) (4)

KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
Coach Keshi, we, the Association of Concerned Nairalanders, hereby implore you to pick Kelechi Ihenacho to the Super Eagles based on his superlative performances at the recently concluded Fifa U17 World Cup in UAE, where he won the Most Valuable Player award (MVP). If he is good enough he is old enough, coach. As a top player, you know your football, and would know the story of a certain Edson Arantes Do Nascimento, aka PELE, who starred for Brazil at the 1954 world cup at the age of 17, and destroyed teams he came up against, including Sweden against whom he scored some memorable, stunning goals in a 5-2 victory by the Samba boys!

A word for you coach: Pick Ihenacho to the senior team. He is a rare talent. He could just be the JOKER for the Super Eagles in Brazil. And if he isn't, IT WAS WELL WORTH A TRY ANYWAY. So go for it coach!

Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by prophylaxis: 5:05am On Nov 22, 2013
D guy is too young and psychologically immmature na... U sef think am

Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 22, 2013
While picking Nacho, please Keshi also pick Yahaya the partnership of this two can unlock the defence of any team in the world.
Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Kelechi Iheanacho cant trap ball in a world cup match!
Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by sethken: 7:26am On Dec 08, 2013
I believe Ihenacho will be a great addition to the team. He is WAY better than most of the attackers we have on the team at the present. We can't take the present core and expect a good outing. We saw how awful they looked at the confederation cup. They won't become great players overnight. The likes of Ideye and Oduamadi look pretty rusty. The eagles bench is be-rift of quality. I believe Keshi will do the right thing. If he believes Ihenacho will be an asset to the team, he will take him to the world cup. The core of the players from around the world at the mundial will be young. Ihenacho is a world class player, that's why you hear the clamor from every corner. He can fit in any where and produce right away. Look at the type of goals he scores. He was a man among boys at the under 17. He is going to the world cup. I am certain about that.
Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by sethken: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2013
I believe Yahaya will get a nod as well. He was equally sensational. I have watched many under 17, including when Kanu and Oruma destroyed every team in its way in Japan. This team is about the best Nigeria has ever produced.
Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2013
Did i hear you say too young, plus Nacho cannots . . . I'm convinced the young man will beyond all reasonable doubts prove himself haven selected with the Chan squad by keshi. Period!
Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by striker9(m): 8:51am On Dec 08, 2013
Let's see his performance at CHAN,but I think the lad is young for world cup.

Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by naptu2: 11:07am On Dec 08, 2013
I think that's what Keshi has in mind.

The World Cup is not child's play. It's probably the most important football competition in the world. Therefore, I think that Keshi wants to test him with the CHAN and see how he performs in a major senior tournament. I believe that he'll definitely get a World Cup place if he performs well at the CHAN.

Nigeria took Kanu, Oruma and Ojigwe to USA 94 (as alternate players), while Brazil took Ronaldo. None of them played at that World Cup (although Pareira was about to bring on Ronaldo in a match, but they conceded a goal). I believe that Kelechi would get a chance to play if he performs well at the CHAN.
Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by collynzo2(m): 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
mikeansy: Kelechi Iheanacho cant trap ball in a world cup match!
Are world cup balls made of stone?

Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by collynzo2(m): 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
We have to stop this attitude of tagging people as kids in Nigeria.
Iheanacho's mates have played world cup matches before.
Iheanacho's mates are playing in the EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga week in week out.
For all we know the guy might not be exactly 17, so we need to stop underrating him, we have to enjoy his talent to the fullest and it starts now.

I hope he doesn't play at the CHAN tournament, he has no business being a home based player by January.

Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by sethken: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
striker9: Let's see his performance at CHAN,but I think the lad is young for world cup.

Please enlighten me what is CHAN? Is is it different from the African Cup of Nations?
Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by BlackPikiN(m): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
Iheanacho should be called up as the new super eagles playmaker.
Re: KESHI: We Want KELECHI IHENACHO For Super Eagles!! by meforyou1(m): 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
prophylaxis: D guy is too young and psychologically immmature na... U sef think am
says who

What In The World Has Jay Jay Okocha Been Doing After Retirement? / Bale And Ronaldo Top Messi On Uefa Player Race / See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo