Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread (7895 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Eating Cassava Bread (Picture) / Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania / GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by JECBOSS: 8:32am On Nov 22, 2013

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has released N9.9 billion for cassava bread production in the country.

This was disclosed in Abuja, on Thursday, by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr Akinwumi Adesina, while addressing the press after a breakfast meeting with banks and stakeholders in the agriculture sector.

He said the fund would be used to improve the cassava bread production and training of master bakers.

He also disclosed that so far, the ministry had trained over 385 master bakers in the six geopolitcal zones of the country, adding that its target was to train 3,000 master bakers.

The minister added that the agriculture sector had attracted a total $8 billion in the last two years, while the private sectors had executed $4 billion out of the $8 billion on seeds, fertilisers, rice, juice and others.

He recalled that between 1980 and 2010, the federal and state governments lost N776 billion because the government was buying and selling fertilisers to farmers, adding that with the new development, seeds and fertilisers were being directly sold by companies to farmers through the e-wallet system.

Adesina, however, said that the partnership between the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Ministry of Agriculture had moved the sector forward in the last two years.

He said the agriculture sector had borrowed about N3.5 billion from banks in the country, which was captured by the seeds, fertilisers companies and agro-dealers.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/news-headlines/item/26903-jonathan-releases-n9-9bn-for-cassava-bread.html
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by ceo4eva: 8:33am On Nov 22, 2013
MISPLACED PRIORITY!
Teacher: Who is the president of Nigeria?
Akpors: I don't know madam.
Teacher: U need to focus more on your studies.
Akpors: Please madam, can I ask u a few questions.
Teacher: Yes, go ahead.
Akpors: Do u know Rita?
Teacher: No.
Akpors: Do u know Joy?
Akpors: Do u know Kate?
Teacher: (Angry) Hell No! Who are all these people and why do u ask?
Akpors: You need to Focus more on your husband. Shikena

43 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by braine(m): 8:40am On Nov 22, 2013
LoL• We're going on Cassava bread eating spree• Hehehe grin
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by Patdedon(m): 9:00am On Nov 22, 2013
9,900,000,000.00 released to improve cassava bread production and train master bakers. . . . . Na 2day
Another opportunity to share ghana-must-go bags

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by engrtee(f): 9:26am On Nov 22, 2013
Goverment has no sence of direction

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by greall1: 9:50am On Nov 22, 2013
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by igbsam(m): 9:50am On Nov 22, 2013
Cassava bread again ? This man no dey tire ? What's it with this cassava thing...The garri wey we dey chop never do ? Abi is that not from cassava too ?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by kingarizona(m): 9:53am On Nov 22, 2013
N9.9 Billion for cassava bread

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by rioemmanuel(m): 9:53am On Nov 22, 2013
OMG....GEJ dis is too much na

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by Tukor32: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2013
chei dat much, oga Gej is it 4 our xmas n new yr gift?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by emmabest2000(m): 9:55am On Nov 22, 2013
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by dridowu: 9:55am On Nov 22, 2013
cassava bread ? thanks to agege bread
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by Saint52(m): 9:58am On Nov 22, 2013
[b][/b] Na so, we dey hear ooo,if you ask Cassava farmers them go tell you say nothin like that,I think say the man dey London for treatment ooo
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by skullz: 9:59am On Nov 22, 2013
grin Bread of Life!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by 80million1: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2013
Did he release the funds from his Hospital bed?
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by Ugom38(f): 10:00am On Nov 22, 2013
who knows if that was what my able president ate dat brought the chronic stomach pain.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by 80million1: 10:01am On Nov 22, 2013
skullz: .
clap for yourself
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by olorunthobby(f): 10:01am On Nov 22, 2013
ehn ehn...ok naa...NOTED!!
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by Danhumprey: 10:02am On Nov 22, 2013
ceo4eva: MISPLACED PRIORITY!
Teacher: Who is the president of Nigeria?
Akpors: I don't know madam.
Teacher: U need to focus more on your studies.
Akpors: Please madam, can I ask u a few questions.
Teacher: Yes, go ahead.
Akpors: Do u know Rita?
Akpors: Do u know Joy?
Akpors: Do u know Kate?
Teacher: (Angry) Hell No! Who are all these people and why do u ask?
Akpors: You need to Focus more on your husband. Shikena
Hit the 'LIKE' button for Akpors
LWKMD............................... cheesy
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by iGeneral: 10:02am On Nov 22, 2013
This man is really serious about his intention to kick gaari out of existence. He budgeted 9b naira to fight gaari. Guys Don't sleep. Stand up for your brand.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by Fazhy: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2013
I hope and prays this works out.

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by mooregan(m): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2013
Its a good thing. Most of us saying shouting don't have an idea in this field. Now if we can encourage cassava bread, this will reduce d amount of wheat we import. Though we can't have 100% cassava bread cos there is no gluten in it, it being mixed with wheat floor will reduce d import of wheat. Nigeria was once using 100% barley to brew n so much was spent on importation until d Structural Adjustment Programme(SAP) came n our indigenous Sorghum(guinea corn) was introduced to replace barley in brewing. Though it was rough at d beginning, 2day most beers in Nigeria r made with 100% Sorghum. So its a welcomed development.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by Danhumprey: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2013
Cassava bread??

No be too much eating of cassava bread land am for hospital bed? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by skullz: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2013
#80million:

clap for yourself
undecided
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by JECBOSS: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2013
#80million:

clap for yourself
lol....bad guy
Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by safarigirl(f): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2013
Till today I never still see this bread for market abi na only for Aso-rock dem dey sell am

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 22, 2013
How many of Our politicians will agree to eat this cassava bread if it is ever done? This is jst another Money thieving venture that will make some people's pockets and cheeks fatter.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by Briz(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2013
Man shall not live by bread alone...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by sureteeboy(m): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2013
Abeg, who get kerosene? I won cook my half done beans finish.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread by nairaman66(m): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2013
So much for Cassava Bread.. Some bigot will convince me in the name of fresh air that this man is purposeful and he has a sense of direction!

This is a hard slap in the face to the Nigerian People.. Mtcheeeeew

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help With White Soup Recipe! / Pls Help, Where Can I Get Fresh Oyster In Lagos? / Why Are Bottled Drinks Not Always Filled To The Brim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.