Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Please Advise A New Mum - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Advise A New Mum (3442 Views)

My One Month Child Fell, Please Advise / Drunk Doctor Kills New Mum During C-session. / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise A New Mum by Muttybabe(f): 9:49am On Nov 22, 2013
PLEASE AM A NEW MUM AND MY BABIES ARE JUST 3 MONTHS AND A WEEK AND THEY ARE BOYS I WANT 2 START SITTING THEM DOWN BUT MOTHER IN LAW SAID BABY BOY MUST REACH 6 MONTHS BEFORE I START SITTING THEM DOWN. PLEASE HOW TRUE IS THIS
Re: Please Advise A New Mum by braine(m): 9:53am On Nov 22, 2013
Your mother in law know better coz she has been through it so you have to do what she says so you wouldn't seem disrespectful• Happy birthday by the way•
Re: Please Advise A New Mum by GentleMimi: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2013
Why don't u ask her for reasons...is it superstition? If it is,then she's wrong.Get the opinion of an experienced paediatrician.Personally,i do not think 3months is too early.
Re: Please Advise A New Mum by Muttybabe(f): 10:38am On Nov 22, 2013
she said it usf 2 affect baby's spinal cord* pls doctors in the house how true is this
Re: Please Advise A New Mum by judii(f): 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
braine: Your mother in law know better coz she has been through it so you have to do what she says so you wouldn't seem disrespectful• Happy birthday by the way•
What! Can't believe this! Op, its your baby, you don't need any one's permission 2 do what is right. 6 months to sit a baby down? So when does the baby master sitting, crawl and walk? I know people who start sitting their babies from 2months+ and nothing happened 2 the babies. Just make sure you surround them with enough pillows. BTW op, why don't you post on the new born thread. I remember someone referring u to the thread some time ago.
Re: Please Advise A New Mum by Blendy77(f): 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
Muti babe pls listen to ur MIL. Its for your own good. I also have twin boys and I was given same advise too when I wanted mine to start learning how to sit at 3m. The major reason given to me then was that, boys are different from girls interms of teaching them how to seat because at that age, their scrotum abi testis has not fully dropped and when they start learning too early it affects them. I had to wait till 5m to teach them and luckily, they were prepared for it cos within a week and 2weeks, there were already sitting on their own and one of my boys started walking at 8months 2wks. So my point is no matter how late they start sitting down, the rest will follow suit.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise A New Mum by Muttybabe(f): 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
@blenddy77 thaNks 4 d advise what i was thinking b4 is dat if they start sittin early it wil hasting there walk but now i have learn more from u
Re: Please Advise A New Mum by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 24, 2013
I started sitting my boys down at three months plus,no one told me otherwise.You can still do what MIL said,i have a month old boy and I will start sitting him down at three months.
Re: Please Advise A New Mum by jayhector70: 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Muttybabe: PLEASE AM A NEW MUM AND MY BABIES ARE JUST 3 MONTHS AND A WEEK AND THEY ARE BOYS I WANT 2 START SITTING THEM DOWN BUT MOTHER IN LAW SAID BABY BOY MUST REACH 6 MONTHS BEFORE I START SITTING THEM DOWN. PLEASE HOW TRUE IS THIS

Average age is 6-7 months. Don't worry about it. All babies are very different. Cherish the time.
Re: Please Advise A New Mum by noradash22: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello mums,am a new mum, my baby is jst 5months...pls apart from breastmilk and pap what other food can I give my baby.tnks

(1) (Reply)

Meaning Of Medical Importance / Where Can I Get Xanax In Nigeria? / Ok. Why Do Homebase Nigerians Guys Have Sweaty Armpits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.