Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs (37338 Views)

TSA: We Could’ve Sacked Bank Ceos, Says CBN / Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by JimmyBoy1: 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
Oga, where are you getting your information from?the former GMD of Skye Bank, Akinsola Akinfemiwa(OON) is not the same as Akin Akinfemiwa of Forte Oil. AA, as we fondly call the accomplished banker can not turn out to be Otedola's boy at Forte Oil. AA still has major stake at both Skye Bank and Wema Bank, he is also the current chaiman of Heritage Bank(newly revived Societe Generale Bank).Please get your facts right.

I also doubt the figure credited to the CEO of Stanbic IBTC, it is simply out of sync.
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by adaeze123(f): 11:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
I will get there oo..
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by penny01502: 11:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
All boiz: Yorubas are always successful people and also at the top
Haters go to ***
puk brain
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by 735i(m): 11:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
These figures are the figures released to the public.

I happened to see the payroll of an investment bank in Nigeria where the CEO earns over 55M. And that is not plus bonus oh...If you add bonus it should exceed 70M....
Abeg..the list no correct; people dey earn better money for Naija biko....
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
victorD3: You just went to your village in ijebu just to dig out your Yoruba names. Stupid tribalist.
U sound like a slowpoke!
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by mki: 12:37am On Nov 23, 2013
And who told you these are the highest paid CEOs in Nigeria? Forbes?
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 23, 2013
LOL. This list is a joke! I would tell you for free that these figures were pulled out of thin air - Sola's figures are the only one close to true - the rest earn way higher - we have not even started to broach annual bonuses and other emoluments.
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Sagamite(m): 1:23am On Nov 23, 2013
sanb: Spot on....the N38M is a small amount for a CEO. There're those with a number of years experience in the Oil and Gas industry that are not CEOs; but they earn much more than N38M; especially if they've improved themselves professionally.

There're starting salary's in some sectors that are more than N10M - N15M; and you can imagine what the salary package would be for someone who has years of experience coupled with a professional qualification.

@Op; all the same though; nice research; but note that there are some other CEO's that are not included on the list and they earn much more than some on the list you've provided.....

I am pretty sure there will be no sector in Nigeria where starting salaries would be up to N10m, talkless of N15m.
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by ceejay4real(m): 1:25am On Nov 23, 2013
airlord: Bollocks. Especially d one for Mobil. I work in d industry and am not even a team lead yet not to talk of a junior manager yet I earn more dan 19M/ annum and u r nw saying a whole CEO way up der earns a paltry 85M/ annum. Abbeg. Except on paper sha.....
My broda abeg no vex o! Am a banker dat lost his job (Oceanic Bank) in d Sanusi Tsunami. Since then I have been battling 2 find my feet! Oga pls connect me make i join dis ur company abeg! I wld be most grateful my dear broda! My contact is 08035449602. Tanx a lot & God bless!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Sagamite(m): 1:27am On Nov 23, 2013
scobaba: If this list is correct, then all those bank MD's don't earn up to heads of dept in the top 5 oil exploration Firms, talk more of GM's and MD/CEO.

For instance, in the oil firm wt the 6 legged dog as logo, the HOD's earn a minimum of 800k$ per annum.(using 155naira exchange rate, do the maths).

Yet, HOD's in chevron, exonmobil and Total earn more than the above mentioned.

A fresh employee with 3 or 4 yrs relevant work experience elsewhere with a professional qualification starts with nothing less than 25m per annum in this top five.

Bankers should not be included in top earners @ all.

There are so many firms out there with small names and big cash.

Absolute rubbish to the highlighted!
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 23, 2013
Oil and Gas is an example with specific requirements....
Sagamite:

I am pretty sure there will be no sector in Nigeria where starting salaries would be up to N10m, talkless of N15m.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Ktwice(m): 4:00am On Nov 23, 2013
Guy u must be an Ekiti man
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by DonaldGenes(m): 6:18am On Nov 23, 2013
illitrate: I must enter school go study banking and finance. angry angry angry

LmaoO..r u kidding me?
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2013
Italiano1:

Ngozie, enlighten us about this job creation that you are referring to; remember I said "legitimately".

Unlike your wrapped philosophy, there is nothing wrong in working hard to head organisations that make more money that the GDP of your state.

How much are we talking up there first, that yorubas are teaching igbos how to make?

U are not job creators, work on that.
Those are multimationals.
And personally, I don't hype oil money - it sounds lazy to me
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Edoblakky(m): 6:59am On Nov 23, 2013
Good list but incomplete! I feel any CEO earning less than 100M should not be included in the list. The CEO of Shell for instance earns far more than 100M but was not in your list. There are many others who also earn over 100M not included in your list. I can authoritatively tell you that some individuals earn more than 15M as start up package in the oil and gas. It may be the same or slightly less in the telecoms.
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 23, 2013
Last JOB recruitment 0PPORTUNITY for 2013 now on in GOLDEN LIFE International, LAGOS Nigeria.
VACANCIES available for only WAEC certificate holders with work experience,UNDERGRADUATES and GRADUATES.
COMPULSORY REQUIREMENT- applicants must reside in lagos.
COMPANY BENEFITS- *Very attractive salary scale with incentives and bonuses
*Flexible working hours
*Free staff bus
*weekly free day
*friendly working environment and many more...
For the venue and time of the interview in Lagos
¤kindly share¤
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by deenee: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2013
The list is flawed. No doubt we might be made to believe that this is what they earn on paper but in the real sense the entire take home package of some of these Bank CEOs is mind boggling.

I can tell you that some CEOs as part of their contract are guaranteed between 0.5 to1.5 percent of their annual profit.

Now imagine banks that make 100b at the end of their FY. That translates to about 1b in payouts alone. Some also settle for stock options. That are usually sold later.

What we have here might be a list made available for public consumption only.

One sector that is most likely to become another cash cow is the Power sector esp generation and transmission as there is a huge skills gap in that part.

Also there will be a huge demand for more oil and gas engineers along the West Africa axis as countries like Kenya, Ghana and Angola begin commercial exploration.

What I see now is a reverse migration typical of what happened in the 90s when most professionals moved to the West.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by ajanaku2(m): 7:22am On Nov 23, 2013
saintgwizard:

Lie! Yoruba are presently at the helm of the affairs because of their 40year ahead in terms of educcation. Look at the younger generations making waves in the coporate world, it is now evenly ditributed.

Perhaps, Ojukwu was right when he posited that "Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had"...

Baba Awo's uncanny foresight and love for his People prompted him to invest heavily in Education...This selfless act of utter Patriotism is presently paying off as the Yorubas are tops in virtually all fields of professional endeavours in Nigeria...Accounting, Law, Engineering, Medicine...just name it!

There are approximately 35000 registered Chartered Accountants in Nigeria, about 65 percent are Yorubas! The rest of Nigeria share the remaining 35 percent. This is a fact!
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by adconline(m): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2013
Any idea on Ceo of MTN?
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Goodleader(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2013
I work in salary unit of Firstbank Ltd.My Ceo earns far more than the highest on this list.I make bold to say and stand to be corrected that he is among the highest paid CEOs in Africa. Doubting Thomases may prove me wrong.
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 23, 2013
ajanaku2:

Perhaps, Ojukwu was right when he posited that "Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had"...

Baba Awo's uncanny foresight and love for his People prompted him to invest heavily in Education...This selfless act of utter Patriotism is presently paying off as the Yorubas are tops in virtually all fields of professional endeavours in Nigeria...Accounting, Law, Engineering, Medicine...just name it!

There are approximately 35000 registered Chartered Accountants in Nigeria, about 65 percent are Yorubas! The rest of Nigeria share the remaining 35 percent. This is a fact!

Is that y there is no yoruba actor in the world 's stage?
The presence of yorubas in the multinationals stems from the biased indigenization policies of the 70s and 80s.
Before 1967, they didn't stand much chance even to lecture in their own universities.

And remove medicine and engineering from that list

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by stankezzy: 9:12am On Nov 23, 2013
saintgwizard:

Lie! Yoruba are presently at the helm of the affairs because of their 40year ahead in terms of educcation. Look at the younger generations making waves in the coporate world, it is now evenly ditributed.
do not decieve ur self.ibos are now leading in education.both in quality nd quantity.if u doubt it ask jamb nd waec.d records are there.in d whole univrrsitys eastern state have d highest cut off.each year in jamb nd waec,d first 100 always have 80%eastern or ibo state.so where is yoruba leading,u can google it.I GET AM BEFORE NO BE PROPERTY.BROS DIS UR TALK NA FOR 20YEARS AGO ,NO BE NOW.IN LIFE OVERTAKEING IS ALLOWED.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by scobaba: 9:14am On Nov 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Absolute rubbish to the highlighted!

Sagamite I understand how you feel about that line. I also felt like you some 9months ago until I got my employment letter in one of the top 5 6months ago..............and everything changed. wink

That figure is reaaaaaaaaaaal.
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by ajanaku2(m): 9:16am On Nov 23, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Is that y there is no yoruba actor in the world 's stage?
The presence of yorubas in the multinationals stems from the biased indigenization policies of the 70s and 80s.
Before 1967, they didn't stand much chance even to lecture in their own universities.

And remove medicine and engineering from that list

Ngozi, My friend, you just like to dey tackle me sha! lol...

I think this "Eko" Guy in that Lost Movie is Yoruba! Wale Agbaje, right?

Well, Gowon's indigenization Policy was not biased! Igbos just couldn't buy in as they were dead broke from the Civil war! No doubt, Awolowo cashed in on that and favoured his People, just as Nnamdi Azikiwe favoured Eni Njoku and Kenneth Dike to be VCs of UNILAG and UI respectively despite the fact that there were numerous Yoruba Professors more deserving of the positions! Have you listened to that Akintola's venomous, hate-filled speech about Azikiwe and his Igbo People? lol...

And about your stance on Yorubas not having a chance to lecture in their own Universities....that's a big lie, Aunty Ngozi! They have most of the first Professors and Ph.Ds in most fields! I'm sure of Accounting, Law, Engineering and Medicine...The last time I checked, Google is still free! You can verify that truism!
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 23, 2013
CEOs vs MDs, mod which one are you actually talking about? Chief Executive Officers normaly are the company owners while Managing directors are people that are at the realm of affairs of companies. If you are talking about CEOs please adjust that list and quickly, as a matter of augency add the following names: DAGOTE, CAPITAL OIL(IFEANYI UBA), PEACE MASS TRANSIT(ONYEISHE) AND OTHERS. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by ajanaku2(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2013
Vig-86:
CEOs vs MDs, mod which one are you actually talking about? Chief Executive Officers normaly are the company owners while Managing directors are people that are at the realm of affairs of companies. If you are talking about CEOs please adjust that list and quickly, as a matter of augency add the following names: DAGOTE, CAPITAL OIL(IFEANYI UBA), PEACE MASS TRANSIT(ONYEISHE) AND OTHERS. Thanks.

CEOs in most cases aren't the Owners of the Companies...The Chairmen are!
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by misterjosh(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2013
Emperor_adrian: I cnt see emeka offor or ifeanyi ubah(capital oil,naija's 3rd richest man) name in d list y
These r names of business owners u mentioned, d list in d post in dat of 'employees' in d companies. Don't expect to find business owners nd employees in dsame list.
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Etianwanokon: 11:38am On Nov 23, 2013
This is wrong. You endanger these people in the name of a post
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
ajanaku2:

Ngozi, My friend, you just like to dey tackle me sha! lol...

I think this "Eko" Guy in that Lost Movie is Yoruba! Wale Agbaje, right?

Well, Gowon's indigenization Policy was not biased! Igbos just couldn't buy in as they were dead broke from the Civil war! No doubt, Awolowo cashed in on that and favoured his People, just as Nnamdi Azikiwe favoured Eni Njoku and Kenneth Dike to be VCs of UNILAG and UI respectively despite the fact that there were numerous Yoruba Professors more deserving of the positions! Have you listened to that Akintola's venomous, hate-filled speech about Azikiwe and his Igbo People? lol...

And about your stance on Yorubas not having a chance to lecture in their own Universities....that's a big lie, Aunty Ngozi! They have most of the first Professors and Ph.Ds in most fields! I'm sure of Accounting, Law, Engineering and Medicine...The last time I checked, Google is still free! You can verify that truism!

Go and check the tribe that produced more lecturers in d western /northern region bfr 1970, am not talking of now. presently, tribalism n quota sys have displaced merit.
Besides, zik didn't make any Igbo VC! the white men handed univ of Ibadan to capable hands, coincidentally igbos.
zik wasn't even clannish as Ahmadu bello and Awo.
He usu told igbos those days to imbibe self reliance and competition; and he was more of a nationalist/Africanist-Zik of Africa.
About the multinationals, Awo and Gowon deliberately schemed igbos out of shareholding and bereaucracy thru d 20 pounds stuff and outright marginalization.
If Igbos were allowed to have their millions and their pre war positions, u and i knew wat the situation will be like.
Again those oil/banking/civil service were handed to yorubas while hausas took the armed forces n politics.
The result is what we have till today: yorubas being more visible in multinationals and Hausa in army/ politics.
Though the statistics are getting better these days.
The lesson from this is that yorubas can rise ONLY when the igbos are already flat on the floor.
On a good day, u can't even compete.
Even after everything, the wealth distribution among igbos remains the best in the country and Ibadan/oshogbo appears more war torn than Enugu/owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by jackal001: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
Kayce19 this list is a complete trash. Pls always avoid going public on subjects you have littlr or no knowledge at all about. I know and I've seen companies where some of the managers that are far below their CEOs earning as much as N60m per annum! If this is the case, can you guess what such CEOs earn? You're here quoting 'whopping N77m' as oustanding without having sufficient facts. I think what you're doing is simply to write some form of autobiography on thise banks' heads and a hint on their pay. But these are certainly not the highest paid CEOs in Nigeria! Always try to get ur facts correct or you can as well be silent on what u're not sure of. I hope you'll note this correction
Re: Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs by Jarus(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
Sagamite:

There are actually 10m in the energy sector. 2 or 3 IOCs pay more than 10m at entry level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture: Anything Bad Spending My Salary This Way? / The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson / Skye Bank Salary Scale: Salary Of Skye Bank Nigeria PLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.