Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

I Was Told To Swear Affidavit Before I Start Geting Alerts From Bank.pls Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Told To Swear Affidavit Before I Start Geting Alerts From Bank.pls Help (533 Views)

Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Forex Trading - Season 13 / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Told To Swear Affidavit Before I Start Geting Alerts From Bank.pls Help by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 22, 2013
DEAR NLANDERS

I LOST MY PHONE OVER A YEAR AGO, AND I NEVER BOTHERED TO RETRIEVE THE LINE. WHEN I SIMPLY HAD ENOUGH CASH FOR A NEW PHONE , I BOUGHT A NEW SIM. SINCE THEN I HAVE NOT BEEN RECEIVING ALERTS FROM ECO BANK. SINCE THE LINE USED TO OPEN THE ACCOUNT GOT LOST.

BUT RECENTLY, THERE WHERE ISSUES I HAD SO I DECIDED TO GO AND RE ACTIVATE MY NEW LINE FOR ALERTS AS I WANTED TO BE INFORMED OF MY TRANSACTIONS.

SO I WENT TO ECO BANK BRANCH AT OBIARUKWU, DELTA STATE. THE MAN I MET AT THE CUSTOMER CARE UNIT WAS NOT FRIENDLY AT ALL. HE LOOKED TIRED AND HUNGRY, THEN TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD EITHER GO ND RETRIEVE THE LOST LINE OR GO AND SWEAR AN AFFIDAVIT THAT I LOST MY PHONE. ALL EFFORTS TO GET HIM TO TELL ME WHY I CANNOT CHANGE IT WITHOUT GOING THROUGH ALL THOSE PROCESSES PROVED ABORTIVE AS HE SIMPLY IGNORED ME.

SO I DONT KNOW IF THAT IS THE NORMAL PROCEDURE...PLS SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE. SO THAT I KNOW THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE.

THANKS
Re: I Was Told To Swear Affidavit Before I Start Geting Alerts From Bank.pls Help by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
need help pls...not just views
Re: I Was Told To Swear Affidavit Before I Start Geting Alerts From Bank.pls Help by sheymaziggy: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
rasojie: need help pls...not just views
I suggest u go back and meet another rep, cos I have changed mine like 4 times now with no hassle, dey only asked me some security questions and checked my signature . May b d guy had a rough day.
Re: I Was Told To Swear Affidavit Before I Start Geting Alerts From Bank.pls Help by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
sheymaziggy:
I suggest u go back and meet another rep, cos I have changed mine like 4 times now with no hassle, dey only asked me some security questions and checked my signature . May b d guy had a rough day.

Thanks . I was wondering what would make a customer care guy be so blunt. I will go there on Monday
Re: I Was Told To Swear Affidavit Before I Start Geting Alerts From Bank.pls Help by arbitrage: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
Receiving bank alerts is not worth the headache except you want it for a constantly paying business you want to do. Or they did not tell you that it's not free? It is not free in my bank anyway and they are fond of double alerts to increase their charge.

So, if it is just for your notification and you cannot do it from another branch with listening ear Customer service, I will suggest you simply subscribe to their internet or mobile banking. You will then be able to check your account transactions day and night by yourself.
Re: I Was Told To Swear Affidavit Before I Start Geting Alerts From Bank.pls Help by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
arbitrage: Receiving bank alerts is not worth the headache except you want it for a constantly paying business you want to do. Or they did not tell you that it's not free? It is not free in my bank anyway and they are fond of double alerts to increase their charge.

So, if it is just for your notification and you cannot do it from another branch with listening ear Customer service, I will suggest you simply subscribe to their internet or mobile banking. You will then be able to check your account transactions day and night by yourself.

i only want the alert cos i want to be in line with all my transactions...i was noticing some deductions...and a bank alert is a proper form of evidence...well thanks for the help...i will either go to another branch or go to another cc rep...b4 tryin the mobile banking thanks

(1) (Reply)

Need To Purchase Bitumen Urgently / Three Secret Of Success / Help Fund My Wm(web Money Acct) Wit $2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.