Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,373 members, 7,864,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:04 AM

From The University To The Bus Stop. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / From The University To The Bus Stop. (511 Views)

The University Of Ibadan Is Recruiting / PLS Which Organization Is G.M Resources At Onipanu Bus Stop / Applicant Drags University To Court Over Non Publication Of Interview Results On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From The University To The Bus Stop. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hi Fellows, the intent of this post is to sample opinions and get people's comments as well as suggestions. I have a close relative who just finished serving and because of the unwholesome unemployment situation in the country, he intends buying a Volkswagen bus ( with his savings and donations from family members) for commercial purposes a.k.a 'danfo driver'. One thing that amazes me is that he intends driving it himself to maximize his profits and for good maintenance of the bus. Is this a good idea considering the nature of the job,the insults and stress? Here is a graduate with a good grade from a university of good repute.
Re: From The University To The Bus Stop. by ortodox: 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
^^^^ man must survive. its jst a steppin stone to greater achievmnts... He wil gt hs dream job somday smiley
Re: From The University To The Bus Stop. by wumicipm(f): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
He his a man with VISION. sitting at home and feeding on his parents with a big jug of tea and bread everyday will take him no where.

my hubby is the group head of account and finance in his organization but the day he told me what he went through and what he did to get to where he his I was humbled and privileged to have married a man like him. I met a man recently writing ICAN exam, he his a lecturer and he told us that when he couldn't get a job after graduating, he had to learn mechanic and in the process met his helper. I am currently learning how to sow after bn laid off my banking job cos I cant just sit at home and eat my husband food and not contribute to the house

Encourage him!

3 Likes

Re: From The University To The Bus Stop. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
I believe in doing honest & decent work to make a living, some jobs/work may be honest but not necessarily decent for example prostitution is honest work but its not decent.

I would say he should go for it but my only concern is that he may maximize his profits like he hopes to because the inter-state transportation business is one where you have to settle a lot of unscrupulous elements, you know the rough looking fellows who are at practically every bus-stop collecting between N50 to N200 for doing absolutely nothing.

Yet as a commercial bus driver if you don't pay the fee they harass you and make life difficult for you, I once knew a fellow from Ghana who did this same business along the Oshodi - Iyana Ipaja expressway but later quit the business altogether to become a tailor at Balogun market, he claimed he wasn't gaining much from the transport business because of the scenario I sited above

(1) (Reply)

Not Shortlisted For PTDF Scholarship App Test- Can I Still Go For The Exam? / Finance/admin Officer Wanted / Graduate Warehouse Technician At FMC Technologies, Inc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.