Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,355 members, 7,860,940 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

@ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / @ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet (917 Views)

turbocharge/car Hub Lamps / Honda Bullet For Sale @ 400,000 / Very Clean Honda Bullet For Sale N700k...NOW N550k!!!SOLD !!SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

@ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet by darqly(m): 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2008
Hi,

I'm a real fan of performance cars and I love cars that growl and have lots of power under the hood.
I drive a Honda 94, what we call a Bullet or Noblese and I'd really want it to pack a helluva  punch, Engine-wise!
What does turbocharging entail? Asides giving extra power(and guzzling more fuel), Will it give my engine the mean growl I want? Or is that the job of a muffler? Please pardon my naivety, but I watched Mad Max1 some 20yrs ago and I still can't get the image of his "Interceptor" out of my head till date. Thanks mate,
Re: @ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2008
Turbocharging involves a lot.

For low boost - up to 7 PSI:

Small turbocharger, Garrett T25
Larger injectors
Custom exhaust manifold
Custom pipework to mate turbocharger to centre section
Thicker head gasket to lower CR
5th injector
Custom induction from turbo to throttle body

For high boost - 7 PSI to 16 PSI:

Bigger turbocharger, Garrett T3
Larger injectors
Custom exhaust manifold
Custom pipework to mate turbocharger to centre section
Low CR forged pistons
MAP sensor (at least 3 bar)
Intercooler and pipework
Aftermarket ECU and custom wiring harness

How deep are your pockets, and how long are your arms?
Re: @ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet by darqly(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2008
Hi Siena,
Thanks for your reply, knew u'd reply!! wink Well, lets say for the small turbocharger, can u just translate what it means in terms of cost? U can reckon in pounds, I'll reckon in Naira, so that I get the picture.

Thanks again mate!
Re: @ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2008
A light-pressure turbo conversion kit will cost in the region of £2,500.
Re: @ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet by kuntash: 8:10am On Jul 22, 2008
Aha! grin grin shocked shocked Thats =~ N595,000. as @ this morning,
Re: @ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet by fotodaddy: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2008
kuntash:

Aha! grin grin shocked shocked Thats =~ N595,000. as @ this morning,

I am sure thats only an estimate!! As the work starts it will be discovered that your engine is too weak to handle the higher pressures and that you will need to have it re-built etc. Eventually its not worth it all cos it cost more than the value of the car. So we can all rest now. wink
Re: @ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet by darqly(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2008
well, about the only thing stopping me now is de cost. Call it an idiosyncrasy or passion or just a plain ol must-have, soon as I can afford it, I'll try it out.

@ ALL, thanks for the info and tit-bits.
@ Siena, I'll be in touch wink
Re: @ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet by kuntash: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2008
u mean trying it out still on the Bullet?
Re: @ Siena Et Al: I Want To Turbocharge My Honda Bullet by darqly(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2008
Sure,If its strong enough to handle being turbocharged. Though I'd really love to do it on a 97'Audi A4.

(1) (Reply)

'98 Honda Crv (real Time 4wheel Drive) Pls Help! / Enquiry / Benz E230 For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.