Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,412 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? (738 Views)

When You Get An Interview Invite For A Position You Know Nothing About / How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
Guys, i have a job interview coming up.if i mention my grade,does it make or mar me?

Won't they see it as being proud or blowing one's trumpet?

Especially if the coy is not into academics?

Lets talk on

multinationals, ministries, and examination body

pls guys i need your help.HR guys pls respond.thank you all.
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by collinsola: 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
I guess the interviewer is not blind,because your cv is with him or her before the interview.
You telling the interviewer your grade is like 'adding a cup of water to an ocean'.

Are you a learner?
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
collinsola: I guess the interviewer is not blind,because your cv is with him or her before the interview.
You telling the interviewer your grade is like 'adding a cup of water to an ocean'.

Are you a learner?

no. Am not a learner.

What if he or she didn't notice?

Is there any polite way of saying it?
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 23, 2013
You can; if you are going to use it to emphasize your skills and work ethic.
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Carsonv(m): 12:37am On Nov 23, 2013
You can if you're using it to prove that you strive towards EXCELLENCE. Also will be great too if you were the best graduating student.

Please anything about you that gives you an advantage over other candidates is very welcome. It all goes to prove that you have the diligence to follow through in whatever you do. All the best to you.

I advice you, write down all the advantages you have 'over others' and find a way to fuse them into your answers.
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2013
Carsonv: You can if you're using it to prove that you strive towards EXCELLENCE. Also will be great too if you were the best graduating student.

Please anything about you that gives you an advantage over other candidates is very welcome. It all goes to prove that you have the diligence to follow through in whatever you do. All the best to you.

I advice you, write down all the advantages you have 'over others' and find a way to fuse them into your answers.

thanks.i like this answer.

Won't it backfire in anyway?
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:02am On Nov 23, 2013
Carsonv: You can if you're using it to prove that you strive towards EXCELLENCE. Also will be great too if you were the best graduating student.

thanks.

This is reasonable.

Won't it backfire?
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Carsonv(m): 8:04am On Nov 23, 2013
Originakalokalo:

thanks.

This is reasonable.

Won't it backfire?

Unless the interviewer is intimidated by your success and is bent on employing a mediocre.
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2013
Carsonv:

Unless the interviewer is intimidated by your success and is bent on employing a mediocre.

you are right.some are easily intimidated.

The question i don't understand is why.

He or she is the boss,i don't see the reason for being intimidated.
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by BlessedFellow: 9:42am On Nov 23, 2013
Originakalokalo: Guys, i have a job interview coming up.if i mention my grade,does it make or mar me?

Won't they see it as being proud or blowing one's trumpet?

Especially if the coy is not into academics?

Lets talk on

multinationals, ministries, and examination body

pls guys i need your help.HR guys pls respond.thank you all.

I won't advise you mention your grade verbally in the course of your interview. Some interviewers would see you as a proud chap if you do or feel intimidated.

However, I will suggest you indicate it in your resume and also prove your worth to them during the interview.

Best of luck!
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Carsonv(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2013
Originakalokalo:

you are right.some are easily intimidated.

The question i don't understand is why.

He or she is the boss,i don't see the reason for being intimidated.

Maybe they're worried you might outshine them and uppercut them to oblivion in the office. Maybe the structure of the firm can't accommodate someone as smart as you are. But that shouldn't be your problem.

Concentrate on selling to them the 'appropriate YOU'. The YOU that fits the job!
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2013
Carsonv:

Maybe they're worried you might outshine them and uppercut them to oblivion in the office. Maybe the structure of the firm can't accommodate someone as smart as you are. But that shouldn't be your problem.

Concentrate on selling to them the 'appropriate YOU'. The YOU that fits the job!

thanks.
Re: Does Mentioning One's Grade At An Interview Guarantee Success? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:31am On Nov 23, 2013
BlessedFellow:

I won't advise you mention your grade verbally in the course of your interview. Some interviewers would see you as a proud chap if you do or feel intimidated.

However, I will suggest you indicate it in your resume and also prove your worth to them during the interview.

Best of luck!

hmmm.

I don't think sayin a related statement will do any harm, especially when the question is related.

(1) (Reply)

Post Lekki-ajah Jobs Here / Please Who Else Got A Message From SWRC? / Urgent Recruitment For Outlet Managers - Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.