Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,538 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? (30081 Views)

PHOTO: 'how I Dressed When I Was 14 Vs. How 14-year-old Girls Dress Now' / Ini Edo's Hot Cleavage-Baring Dress To Glo-CAF Awards: Hit Or Miss? (Photo) / Reasons Why Our Women, Ladies Or Girls Dress Indecently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 20, 2008
@server33,
You are making a damn good point, we all have the right to dress and say whatever we like, thats why i love denrele's interview, he doesn't care what you think about him, he is just himself

I am sure you guys wont laugh when you see a white american do the same in shoprite, you'll see her as the only person there not faking.

I wonder when you will learn that you are free to do what you like, even go to the beach in stilettos, if you dont like it, then go kill yasef.

Why dont you start a thread of someone dressing to kill at mamaput joints or do you think it is right?
why not talk about ppl dressing to kill at bend down boutiques

You started this thread because you feel there is something special about shoprite, and to many of us, you just go in and get what you want.

I basically see it as a good option when i need to get something i want to be sure is not fake and nothing special, anyone can setup a mall like that if you have your money.

hush! bush ppl with small brains
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by MannyCEO: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2008
thats very easy, They dress to kill because Ive never been to shoprite before, who know what they'll do, when I start shoping there
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 23, 2008
who u be
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Gamine(f): 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2008
haha

went to the palms today.

Saw the same scenes, nothing changes! cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by na2day2(m): 2:29am On Aug 25, 2008
ovularia, why u dey waka up and down? angry angry angry angry abi u no know say u bi persin wife? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed yesterday na shoprite, today na palms, tomorrow go bi silver bird, haba! na only u get leg?

Gamine:

haha

went to the palms today.

Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Gamine(f): 2:36am On Aug 25, 2008
han han

i go dia buy sometin na embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by na2day2(m): 3:28am On Aug 25, 2008
sho re ooooo! (abi na how yoruba dey talk am?)

Gamine:

han han

i go dia buy sometin na embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Pepeye(f): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2008
Gamine:

haha

went to the palms today.

Was equally there yesterday, nothing much for the so called dressing
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by magentam(f): 2:42am On Aug 28, 2008
Oh!Abeg try saturdays and sundays and you shall see wonders!
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by clemcykul(f): 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2008
@post lol
i just go there to look at the fillies and their wacked dress sense buy my normal body cream and some little necessities grin.

but to be candid some are elegant and gorgeous cool
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by cokolet(f): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2008
i aint a feminist or hater of some sort but i really get pissed wif naija chicks!!! majority of em are fake A"@! B"@*!.and the annoying thing is they think they are so hip, jes try and chat up some really pretty looking thing, i can guarantee you that u'll leave her presence wit bullet holes enough to scare an american soldier!!!!! i fink most o em have complex issues and they feel the need to show somefin else,
its so annoying 2 me dt i hardly visit the store cept its totally neccessary,as for silverbird,hmmmm, anoda long thing!
i cant stand alota chicks and i have more male friends than girls, they just 2 sensitive for my liking.am a fine ass sista and totally confident but in my next life i pray to be a guy, they r so cool!

all said!
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by mona83(f): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2008
I totally concur with what the poster said. And believe me, its crazy. While it is not advisable to go there shabbily dressed( cos Shoprite has become a Mecca of sorts for Lagosians and you just never know who you might bump into), that is not an excuse to go there in your "Sunday best" or worse still scantily clad.

There might be the rare exception but, more often than not, most of these flesh baring girls are "ladies of easy virtue" [/b]looking to ply their trade. You know what i mean- anywhere that has a lot of expatriates is their target market, and Shoprite, ditto The Palms, fits the bill.

So, when next you see one of these [b]"dressed-to-kill"
girls, look a little closer,
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2008
Lmao grin grin grin, it's just like walking into a tesco shopping mall all dressed like am going to some party, i bet people gonna be staring and wondering if am okay.

can't wait to go back, and laugh my head out. bet its gonna be so much fun. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by ogbongzky(m): 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2008
them got to survive na soi no blame them oooo, and good spot 2 catch hot chicks, but make sure peper rest
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by kaylonda(f): 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2008
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by smurf1(f): 12:08am On Dec 04, 2008
Cos they aint only going grocery shopping, grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by belindaow(f): 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Lmao grin grin grin, it's just like walking into a tesco shopping mall all dressed like am going to some party, i bet people gonna be staring and wondering if am okay.

can't wait to go back, and laugh my head out. bet its gonna be so much fun. grin grin grin grin

Nobody's gonna be staring at you, they'll just assume you are either going to or coming from a party, P.S Tesco is not a shopping mall, its a super/megamarket, big difference!
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Winnergal(f): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2009
Is it only girls . . .? angry

What about the guys . . .? cheesy
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by 2lip: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2009
idle talk,
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by na2day2(m): 4:56am On Apr 30, 2009
Winnergal:

Is it only girls . . .? angry

What about the guys . . .? cheesy

wat is that suppose to mean? angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Epi: 5:34am On May 03, 2009
@Original Poster

you are as funny as hades. LMAO grin grin grin. There is a similarity in the BVI. There is NO sun hotter than the BVI sun, and I am dead serious. BVI sun is the hottest in the world! I no lie. The funny part is - the young girls down there are wearing stocking and very thick pant suits/skirt suits walking in the hot sun looking all comfy.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by init4dmoni(m): 12:51am On May 14, 2009
dis is an easy one
they dress like dat cuz dere's a chance dey might meet or even see someone as hot as me
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by bashiru77: 9:35am On Jun 16, 2009
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by nixter(f): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2009
I was looking to see if Nu Metro Cinemas in Palms has folded when i found this thread, some comments were amusing, some were annoying and some were down right ignorant!!!! The amusing thing is the most of ignorant people all live out of Nigeria and they want to tell Nigerian how to behave and dress, why? perhaps because they feel they have seen the "real deal" oyinbo land and we should try and be more like them.

For starters black people are generally more into efizee than oyinbo (they are just getting into it) so why blame them if they want be half bloody naked?!?
Like some1 said, you dont see ppl in heels at Tesco. If you did see one you would assume she is going to a party afterwards. if it is in Palms, she is either looking for man or she has no self confidence or some other rot, i could go on forever!

now to that cow who said that he saw oyinbo with an under-educated black girl: simply put, you can't see past your nose. If you saw a black girl with oyinbo in the UK or US or wherever, you wouldn't assume that she is under-educated would you? You know what? it was probably me you saw. Find my mouth, please!!!!!

Nutshell: a lot Naija men love to call naija women sluts, cheap, yada yada yada, becoz they toast the babe and she no gree or she over gadge and liver no gree am toast so they say she is looking for man LMAO

naija women (like all women/girls) like to dress up, and from what i have seen, it is the teenagers that do the over dress thing. just goy back from malta, una think say una don see naked, come see naw!!!! the naked pass allen avenue girls ohhhhh and once more they were teenagers.

the proper ashawos (am sorry to say, but you know what i mean, real ones, not buy me gifts) i have no patience or time to discuss, they are just lazy, i prefer to hear say the girl dey do 419 than say she do for money.

LMFAO, rather long nutshell isn't it.
Oh btw any of my people for naija is nu metro palms still showing movies? last time i was there, they were "re-shuffling"
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Gamine(f): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2009
@nixter hope you are ok.

Nu Metro has packed up.

The outfit there now is Genesis Deluxe Cinemas

http://www.genesisdeluxecinemas.com/about.html
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by nixter(f): 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
oh yay!!! i know the guy, not in the bibilical sense of course grin grin happy for him, his business is doing well. website is absoluet shaite, maybe i cld do sth abt that for him, but that is neither her nor there. thanx for the info Gamine
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Gamine(f): 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2009
oh yay!!! i know the guy, not in the bibilical sense of course

In that case it would be, 'ive known the guy!' lol grin
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by nixter(f): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2009
oh yay!!! i know the guy, not in the bibilical sense of course

In that case it would be, 'ive known the guy!' lol Grin

not necessarily, and "Joachim knew Jane", means they have done it!!! tongue lol
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Gamine(f): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2009
not necessarily, and "Joachim knew Jane", means they have done it!!!

Exactly what i meant tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by komekn(m): 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2009
In 9ja Dress as you want to be addressed or indeed what you intend to address, man, woman, business, etc, etc.

These are all fads which are not unique but different from place to place, in all the times I have been to the Palms never noticed anything outlandish, weird or if you like morally offensive.

I have been to city shopping centres in the North West UK, where young ladies come to shop with rollers in their hair and in their pyjamas at all times of the day, thinking its cool, now that’s MAD.

Dress sense is a matter of preference and taste, from my perspective we are doing real fine, no complaint at all, dress to kill or dress to laugh, it just adds colour to the view. cool tongue cool tongue cool tongue cool tongue cool tongue cool tongue cool tongue cool tongue cool
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by cutesy(f): 10:57am On Sep 24, 2009
Gamine:

Exactly what i meant tongue

@Gamine

Hellewwww dearie! Hope ur not wielding any "omoroguns" today, lol, wink wink wink
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Poster

Because of this thread. I personally when down to shop rite check the place. Besides I didn't buy NADA! 1 kobo  grin

So? Whats the big deal? 

Abeg it's just a normal place to buy things, you don't need to dress like JUGUNU because you are going to shop.

Never mind, because this kind of shopping mall is one of a kind in Lagos, that is why people that go there dress to kill.

Thou the place is cool, organized and some fine fine girls are there  smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense / Omowunmi Akinnifesi Miss Nigeria 2005 Looking Fantastic Without Makeup / Define Your Curls With These Techniques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.