Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? (1709 Views)

5 Uncalled Attitudes Of Women When They Are Angry With Their Husband / Reasons Why Bride Is Happier Than Groom During Wedding Ceremony / Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by chiteny(m): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2013
I had to make this thread as i was vexed in a wedding ceremony i attended yesterday. I think most of you must have had some unpleasant experience too.

Now the story.

I was invited for a wedding at a certain place and the timing was for 10:00am prompt, as boldly written in the wedding invitation card. So off i went to grace the occasion promptly but i encountered my first scenario that vexed me. For a moment i thought i was the groom (who i assumed should be the most eager to come early on his day). The church was almost empty. No Bride, No groom, No Pastor, some members of the choir and a less than ten invitees. >:(

Ok na. I don come be say i don come. So i chose a chair and sat down, believing the event will start very shortly. But it started 1hr 30min later. Then i started to wonder when we will be done with church and attend the reception. undecided

So no sweat. Event started. Groom walked to his seat in front (i was thinking there would be some marching in song or hymn. And i cant remember any opening prayers being said, just some lovely music played from a CD at the background). Next the young pastor came to the pulpit, requested all to stand for the bride to come in and the choir to sing some songs (why is this always the case, can't we stand up for the groom too?).

Here comes the bride, all well dressed, painted (face, hair and nails) to look her best on her day and........ chewing her cud?? undecided Really?!! And she was chewing it so ferociously, angrily and helplessly as she danced to the alter for the joining. She wasn't the only one chewing the cud...the chief bridesmaid was also infected with the helpless situation. I was put off and was even more vexed when this continued unabated through out the joining process till "you may kiss the bride". angry angry

Next was pictures, pictures, pictures and the reception which was another story all together.

So enough of my gossip. I would like to hear from you guys your own experiences. Wow, i no know say this story long like this.....and i tried to skip some things..........smiley
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
Well,i dont have issues with the way a bride or groom choose to comport themselves on their wedding,its their day,they can do WHATEVER THEY LIKE.however i have problems with the way some nigerians behave in wedding receptions.male or female,bridal ladies n grooms men,invitees etc.you will see some people fighting for jollof rice and chicken as if the reception is a restaurant,fighting for cheap souvenirs like plastic bowls,handkerchiefs,plastic fans etc.some cussing at each other,miscreants painting their bodies and comming to beg in an harassing way,guest especially women bringing polybag to pack food home,women leaving their kids anyhow to behave unruly,etc.

Anyway all that has come to an end years ago because i choose the kinds of weddings i go for.i dont just go to any kind of wedding when i am invited

3 Likes

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by zeb04(f): 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
I just don't like when the priest say you may kiss the bride nd the groom just peck the bride when we know he has been chewing. On that lip for ages. Y pretend? We al knw what that lip has been doin,where dat lip has been nd so on. To each its own tho

1 Like

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by chiteny(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
kulyie: Well,i dont have issues with the way a bride or groom choose to comport themselves on their wedding,its their day,they can do WHATEVER THEY LIKE.however i have problems with the way some nigerians behave in wedding receptions.male or female,bridal ladies n grooms men,invitees etc.you will see some people fighting for jollof rice and chicken as if the reception is a restaurant,fighting for cheap souvenirs like plastic bowls,handkerchiefs,plastic fans etc.some cussing at each other,miscreants painting their bodies and comming to beg in an harassing way,guest especially women bringing polybag to pack food home,women leaving their kids anyhow to behave unruly,etc.

Anyway all that has come to an end years ago because i choose the kinds of weddings i go for.i dont just go to any kind of wedding when i am invited

grin. Been a while since i saw that. I guess i have been attending polished weddings for sometime now.
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by chiteny(m): 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
zeb04: I just don't like when the priest say you may kiss the bride nd the groom just peck the bride when we know he has been chewing on that lip for ages. Y pretend? We al knw what that lip has been doin,where dat lip has been nd so on. To each its own tho

grin how u take know? You don catch them before?

1 Like

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
chiteny:

grin. Been a while since i saw that. I guess i have been attending polished weddings for sometime now.
gringrin yeah cheesy
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by ifyalways(f): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
Its a wedding, a public function so I go with the sole purpose of having fun and laughing. If at any point you can't endure others "idea of fun/table manners/whatever else" ,get up and leave. The party won't miss you,I guess.

2 Likes

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by jemsi(f): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
Mine is the part where the pastor will ask if anyone has a reason why d couple should not be joined....
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by chiteny(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
jemsi: Mine is the part where the pastor will ask if anyone has a reason why d couple should not be joined....

My dear i just wonder o.....when the traditional one has been long concluded and both parents have given consent. Can the marriage still be stopped at this time?
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
ifyalways: Its a wedding, a public function so I go with the sole purpose of having fun and laughing. If at any point you can't endure others "idea of fun/table manners/whatever else" ,get up and leave. The party won't miss you,I guess.
true
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by Chinwem(f): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
zeb04: I just don't like when the priest say you may kiss the bride nd the groom just peck the bride when we know he has been chewing. On that lip for ages. Y pretend? We al knw what that lip has been doin,where dat lip has been nd so on. To each its own tho

grin
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by Ngenge(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
I hate when some people are eating, drinking,having left overs,having food to take home & others are busy swallowing their saliva. If u cant cater for all the guests, let the wedding be 'strictly on invitation' or u hire bouncers.
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by chiteny(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ngenge: I hate when some people are eating, drinking,having left overs,having food to take home & others are busy swallowing their saliva. If u cant cater for all the guests, let the wedding be 'strictly on invitation' or u hire bouncers.

grin grin for wedding too?
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by tpia5: 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
These types of threads are too common on nl. "What do you hate about this", "what do you hate about that", "what did someone do that vexed you", "come and hate", blah blah etc etc.

Op and co, you could have just quietly left the venue if you were offended by anything you saw there.

Were you forced to stay?

Bad belle people.
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by chiteny(m): 4:33am On Dec 06, 2013
tpia@:
These types of threads are too common on nl. "What do you hate about this", "what do you hate about that", "what did someone do that vexed you", "come and hate", blah blah etc etc.

Op and co, you could have just quietly left the venue if you were offended by anything you saw there.

Were you forced to stay?

Bad belle people.

If you have nothing useful to say or any contribution to the topic don't make a post; save your few megabites of data. Are u forced to make a contribution?

5 Likes

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by EfemenaXY: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
chiteny:
Here comes the bride, all well dressed, painted (face, hair and nails) to look her best on her day and........ chewing her cud?? undecided Really?!! And she was chewing it so ferociously, angrily and helplessly as she danced to the alter for the joining. She wasn't the only one chewing the cud...the chief bridesmaid was also infected with the helpless situation. I was put off and was even more vexed when this continued unabated through out the joining process till "you may kiss the bride". angry angry

Lol!

Now that's funny! Maybe she and her bridesmaid were nervous?? cheesy

kulyie:

Haha!

Kulyie, how you fit tell the difference between 'anyhow' weddings and 'better' weddings?? grin grin
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by MsJackson: 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
l am gettin married tomorrow december 7th. i feel so nervous already, facing the crowd. GOD HELP ME!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by EfemenaXY: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
^^ Awww...Congratulations and best of luck! smiley

1 Like

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
By the kind of people doing wedding you will know.lol,whether she or he is a razzo or not,as well as venue cheesy
i don go weddings tire so i can predict the kinds of wedding some will be cheesy
Efemena_xy:

Lol!

Now that's funny! Maybe she and her bridesmaid were nervous?? cheesy

Haha!

Kulyie, how you fit tell the difference between 'anyhow' weddings and 'better' weddings?? grin grin
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
MsJackson: l am gettin married tomorrow december 7th. i feel so nervous already, facing the crowd. GOD HELP ME!!!
congrats babe.shake your buddy well,no look anybody face because i have realised that not everyone smiling with you os truly happy for you or not every one that attends your wedding is happy for yoi.some came to see how your wedding and weddong gown is so they will have something to gossip about so dance like youre alone in your room
shake everything well.meanwhile congrats cheesy happu married life

errmm my aso ebi and gele nko cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by ladygogo: 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
the way Nigerians behave when it comes to food. Nigerians will never wait till it gets to their turn/table.
Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by bennysucre(f): 9:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
tpia@:

Were you forced to stay?

Bad belle people.

The Op has seen u, u may go please. Always in evry section trying to bully people. Agbaya!! Na u get NL? If e dey pain u, use d deactivate button jor. U won't be missed.

3 Likes

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
That girl/boy I don't know which one it is.
SMH. Na correct yaba left escapee. Mentally deranged fellow. Aswear
bennysucre:

The Op has seen u, u may go please. Always in evry section trying to bully people. Agbaya!! Na u get NL? If e dey pain u, use d deactivate button jor. U won't be missed.

1 Like

Re: What Attitudes/occurrences Put You Off The Most In A Wedding Ceremony? by chiteny(m): 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
MsJackson: l am gettin married tomorrow december 7th. i feel so nervous already, facing the crowd. GOD HELP ME!!!

Congrats MrsJackson! How did the wedding go?

(1) (Reply)

Husband & Wife Die After Crashing Into Each Other / 15 Things Only People With Unique Nigerian Names Will Understand / How Can I Get My Late Dad's House Papers From My Uncle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.