Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:04 AM

Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? (645 Views)

Is Smoking A Sin? / Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by MrCyril(m): 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
Please what do you think about the topic? Please do more than answering yes or no, give reasonable reason for your answer and please don't insult others cos of their opinions cos everybody is entitled to an opinion. And please let's try to base our reasons on facts. For me I think smoking cigarette is not a sin but just a habit that is not accepted by all. The bible didn't say we should not smoke, I rather call smoking bad habit than to call it sin and it can only be called habit when it becomes a habit. What do you think
Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by waleadex(m): 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
I am a muslim and smoking is not stated categorically as a sin but it's forbidden for a muslim to embrace it. The Prophet(S.A.W) said that whatever thing is seen as bad or warned against or seen not good for your health,a muslim is not expected to get involved in it. We all know smoking is a bad habit,it's not what most people make boast of.

Personally,I don't want to see it as a sin but a bad habit that may tempt the smoker into committing a sin.

2 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by Atigba: 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
No smoking is not a sin...but is not good for health.
Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by sylvar02(m): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
Not at all! No cigarette and die
Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
A harmful pleasure. What more do you want?
Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by God2man(m): 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
grin very funny question. Smokers are liable to die young.

Here, you are looking for a Bible verse to tell you to stop smoking or to stop you from killing yourself.

Smh.

This habit is eating your liver and you find it difficult to stop, and you have tried various means of stopping the habit. Don't you know that this is bondage?

The devil will give you, i million reasons to continue to smoke, No 1, after all, it is not written in Bible. If it is not written in The Bible, then continue to smoke, and as the advertisers have said, smokers are liable to die young.

God will give you more understanding.

Have a wonderful day.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by UyiIredia(m): 11:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
You don't need the Bible to tell you that smoking is bad for your health and hence isn't advisable.
Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by MrCyril(m): 12:05am On Nov 25, 2013
God2man: grin very funny question. Smokers are liable to die young.

Here, you are looking for a Bible verse to tell you to stop smoking or to stop you from killing yourself.

Smh.

This habit is eating your liver and you find it difficult to stop, and you have tried various means of stopping the habit. Don't you know that this is bondage?

The devil will give you, i million reasons to continue to smoke, No 1, after all, it is not written in Bible. If it is not written in The Bible, then continue to smoke, and as the advertisers have said, smokers are liable to die young.

God will give you more understanding.

Have a wonderful day.

God bless you.

God2man.

Now u are derailing. Am not a smoker for ur information, d arguement came up somewhere an I decided to hear other people's view. The question wasn't if smoking is good for the health or not cos every1 know smoking is dangerious to health and dnt forget there are other life styles that are more dangerious to health than smoking. But d question is, if smoking is a sin or not? Answer and give reasons for ur answer simple
Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by MrCyril(m): 12:07am On Nov 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia: You don't need the Bible to tell you that smoking is bad for your health and hence isn't advisable.
please go through my post again, understand my question. I didn't ask if smoking is bad or not rather I asked if its a sin or not.
Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 25, 2013
No it is not a sin.

Re: Is Smoking Cigarette A Sin? by dj5naira(m): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2013
A question for another night.

(1) (Reply)

Maestro Evangelista Teachings And Revalation / How Would You Define A Church??? / Police Nab Cherum And Seraphim Pastor Segun Alawode For ra-ping Woman In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.