Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. (3374 Views)

My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" / PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University / Chat Room For MAUTECH (AKA FUTY) Graduates And Undergraduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by djcrown(m): 11:09am On Jul 30, 2014
Of the greatest biochemists!!!
There is always a place for Biochemists in food and pharmaceutical industries although 98 % of the jobs available Lately are sales reps given different nomenclatures

1 Like

Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
yemmybrain: Of the GREATEST BIOCHEMIST....Acetyl-coA...this is really a nice trend,pls our great biochemist that are already a graduate,kindly be putting us through ooo..Thanks

I've always heard biochemists shouting acetyl coA. I know it's an important bicohemical compound, but i still can't figure out why it's a slogan amongst us biochemists.
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by ikevin(m): 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Opytim:

I've always heard biochemists shouting acetyl coA. I know it's an important bicohemical compound, but i still can't figure out why it's a slogan amongst us biochemists.
the TCA cycle is very important in the production of energy, you already know acetyl coA from pyruvate initiates the TCA cycle. It also yields acetylcholine, acetyl coA is extremely important in biochemistry. I graduated from UNIBEN by the way with a 2:1, really challenging. In terms of job placements, it is really challenging except you want sales rep job where you hawk drugs on the street. The course is not yet really appreciated in Nigeria. Banks are the first to absorb graduates generally regardless your course, then civil service. I wish you guys good luck man.

1 Like

Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
ikevin: the TCA cycle is very important in the production of energy, you already know acetyl coA from pyruvate initiates the TCA cycle. It also yields acetylcholine, acetyl coA is extremely important in biochemistry. I graduated from UNIBEN by the way with a 2:1, really challenging. In terms of job placements, it is really challenging except you want sales rep job where you hawk drugs on the street. The course is not yet really appreciated in Nigeria. Banks are the first to absorb graduates generally regardless your course, then civil service. I wish you guys good luck man.

sales rep? That's not encouraging at all. Graduating with 2.1 is still okay for biochemistry. Why not consider labs and other food companies also? Thanks for the explanation.
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by hoojay4(m): 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Succesful biochemists come and inspire undergraduates that are loosing hope in studying biochemistry ......mostly because of news on job oppurtunities in Nigeria as a biochemist ...!! thankx
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
hoojay4: Succesful biochemists come and inspire undergraduates that are loosing hope in studying biochemistry ......mostly because of news on job oppurtunities in Nigeria as a biochemist ...!! thankx

are you also a biochemist?
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by chinasaekperem: 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
wooow.......great eminents, i have been looking for a thread like this, hope you guys usually attend the NSBMB conference, i guess its the turn of uniilorin, i attended the last one @ UNICAL. meanwhile lemme increase the concentration of my intra-cellular ATP pool by activating my phosphofructokinase-1 as this thread trends like the beta-oxidation of an arachidonic acid. smiley smiley smiley

I LOVE BIOCHEMISTRY
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
chinasaekperem: wooow.......great eminents, i have been looking for a thread like this, hope you guys usually attend the NSBMB conference, i guess its the turn of uniilorin, i attended the last one @ UNICAL. meanwhile lemme increase the concentration of my intra-cellular ATP pool by activating my phosphofructokinase-1 as this thread trends like the beta-oxidation of an arachidonic acid. smiley smiley smiley

I LOVE BIOCHEMISTRY

hahaha.....you are a true METABOLITE! I love your use of biochemical terms in your statement. And you attend most of the interstate meetings, you must be one of the departmemtal/faculty excos to attend most of the meetings. Honestly, i hardly go for those meetings.
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by bennygreat1(m): 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
Opytim:

hahaha.....you are a true METABOLITE! I love your use of biochemical terms in your statement. And you attend most of the interstate meetings, you must be one of the departmemtal/faculty excos to attend most of the meetings. Honestly, i hardly go for those meetings.

Re U a METABOLITE too??
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
bennygreat1:

Re U a METABOLITE too??

yes I am....proud to be one. Are you one too?
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by chinasaekperem: 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
Opytim:

yap, I was an exco in school, and yes I usually attend most of the national and regional(southeast) conferences, I will still attend more even as a graduate, as long as there aren't cyanides inhibiting the cytochrome c oxidases of my electron transport chain.
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
chinasaekperem: yap, I was an exco in school, and yes I usually attend most of the national and regional(southeast) conferences, I will still attend more even as a graduate, as long as there aren't cyanides inhibiting the cytochrome c oxidases of my electron transport chain.

more power to your elbow jare...
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by bennygreat1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Opytim:

yes I am....proud to be one. Are you one too?

Nah.... Am a Sociologist.... And Proud to be ONE.
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by Cresk: 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
Any biochemist from unn that is interested in medical sales representative to cover Benue should contact me immediately through Crescentonyi@gmail.com
Re: All Biochemistry Graduates And Undergraduates Meet Here. by Karleb(m): 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Desopadec Bursary / I Did Not Disrespect My Teacher I Gave Her What She Asked For, The Truth / ANSU COOU Releases 2016/2017 2nd Second Batch Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.