Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Top 10 Must Play Playstation Games - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Top 10 Must Play Playstation Games (2444 Views)

Playstation Games Competition / Get Free Playstation Games For Ur Computer Here / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Must Play Playstation Games by Techdisqus: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2013
With the PlayStation 4 now available in Nigeria, thanks to Jumia. I'm already going bunkers with the game titles already available on the console like Battlefield 4, COD: Ghosts, Assasin's Creed 4: Black Flag and others time won't permit me to list. But as we wait to play these blockbusters I thought of definitive games that every real PlayStation must play.

From the rise and fall of the PS1, to the PS2, PS3 and even PS Vita, each console has delivered some truly memorable and legendary titles.

Whatever your taste or age, from first person shooter to simulative driving I bet you Playstation has got a game for you

As I get ready to break my piggy bank for the best PS4 games (not an Xbox fan), check out my list of 10 best games for the Playstation franchise.

1. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
This game has been hailed as one of the most important games of all time, in my own opinion Metal Gear Solid is as recognised as the playstation console itself . With unforgettable characters like Solid Snake, Sniper Wolf, Revolver Ocelot, Otacon to name a few. Words cannot explain the awesomeness of this game, it is a must play game for any die hard playstation fan.

2. God of War 2 (PS2)
Jeez, this game is in a class of its own, a bloody game that kept you glued to your seat while playing. It is not for the weak at hear as it is as bloody and gruesome as Kratos himself. If it doesn't make any top game list, I am sure Kratos will make the list compiler suffer.

3. Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
This is one great I'm sure every playstation One played. The game kept us going with the surge of adrenalin you get while running away from and killing zombies in Racoon city. Although the makers of the game somehow lost something (I don't know what!) from the episode 5 of the game.

4. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
I don not want to look bias, but honestly all MGS episodes from sons of liberty, snake eater, Revengeance, etc. ought to make the top 10 list.
Metal Gear Solid 4: Gun of the Patriots is the ish as it features a much older snake. The game has everything a gamer could ever ask for; classic gameplay, great graphics, just name it.

5. Crash Team Racing (PS1)
This game drove boys mad, if you haven't played CTR then you are not a certified gamer. Crash Team Racing is the fourth instalment in the Crash Bandicoot series. The game's story focuses on the efforts of a ragtag team of characters, who must race against the egomaniacal Nitros Oxide to save their planet from destruction. During the races, offensive and speed boosting power ups can be used to gain an advantage. Please go find your playstation 1 where you hid it and play this game. You can thank me later.

6. Battlefield 3 (PS3)
Electronic Arts had to admit that this title is the most physical Battlefield game yet. Is is a FPS game and as the name suggests the game is indeed a battlefield. For gamers that love the frenzy you get from shooting but can't enroll into the military to have a taste of battle, believe me this game is for you.

7. Call Of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
Records speak for themselves: Within 24 hours of going on sale, the game had sold more than 5.6 million copies, 4.2 million in the U.S. and 1.4 million in the UK.
From the starting to the finish, the game gives you a run for your money. With the screams of soldiers shouting "RPG" I promise you won't regret playing this game.

8. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
One of the greatest adventure game of all time, developed by Naughty Dog (makers of CTR). Best in class gameplay, is combined with a strong story and visuals that, to this day, barely show age. The levels taking place in snowy environments, atop mountains and amongst battle ravaged settlements pop with fantastic details and levels of colour vibrancy.
Taking cues from the likes of Tomb Raider and even Indiana Jones, Uncharted never stands still, yet offers a good amount of variety, from puzzle solving to tense action sequences that wouldn’t look out of place in James Bond’s next outing.

9. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS2)
I'm talking about the 2005 version, Most Wanted is like other Need for Speed games, where the player selects one car and races against a time limit or other racers to reach a destination. But that's not all, the game has a soul (if I must put it that way).

10. Silent Hill (PS1)
Similar to Resident Evil in its approach to creating a horror stylised game, The developers of Silent Hill took the horror game to another level. As Henry Mason, you’re tasked with finding your lost daughter, who has gone missing in the spooky, monster filled town of Silent Hill.

If your opinion conflicts with mine, please let's know your 10 must play PlayStation games. Remember, PlayStation only (No PC, Xbox or Nintendo).
Re: Top 10 Must Play Playstation Games by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 25, 2013
This your list set, God Of War is better than God Of War 2, Resident Evil 4 is the best RE game till date, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is better than black ops, MGS games have always been good, Naughty Dog games have always been great.
Re: Top 10 Must Play Playstation Games by Techdisqus: 10:08am On Nov 25, 2013
@ Wallflower, I kinda agree with you on the GOW and RE but for the COD, its a no no.
Have you played Black Ops? the gun play started from the beginning at the bar where Mason was with Frank Woods and Joseph Bowman through to the finish of the game. And Black Ops has a clearer and realistic story line (Cuban missile crisis) than modern warfare.
Re: Top 10 Must Play Playstation Games by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2013
Techdisqus: @ Wallflower, I kinda agree with you on the GOW and RE but for the COD, its a no no.
Have you played Black Ops? the gun play started from the beginning at the bar where Mason was with Frank Woods and Joseph Bowman through to the finish of the game. And Black Ops has a clearer and realistic story line (Cuban missile crisis) than modern warfare.

Na, the Cuban missile crisis was averted in real life, unlike the current ongoing jihadist menace which is what MW was based on, the problem with black ops is that it's more of the same, its gameplay is strongly lifted from MW, but it doesn't really tell its story as well as MW, it has better visuals and a lot more action but its story was lacking..
Re: Top 10 Must Play Playstation Games by geniusdeji: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2013
well everyone is entitled to ones opinion, so i will take dat as urs . My top ten is
1. God of war 3
2.evil residence 5
3. Dino crises (ps 1)
4. Tomorrow neva dies (james bond movie thriller-ps1)
5. God of war 2
6. God father 2
7.c t r
8.gt4 (san andreas)
9. Fist of the north stars (ps3)
10. Need for speed
Re: Top 10 Must Play Playstation Games by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2013
Which Need for speed? Because NFS plenty O!
Re: Top 10 Must Play Playstation Games by Techdisqus: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
@ geniusdeji, in my opinion, apart from nfs: most wanted the rest are crap
is it 'the run', 'shift' or 'underground'

Kindly follow us to keep yourself updated on all the latest tech news on:
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TechDisqus,
Google+: http://www.plus.google.com/+techdisquss
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/techdisquss

(1) (Reply)

Did You Play This Video Game? Share Your Memorable Moments / List Of Genuine Best Selling Video Games Shopping Websites... / 加速的未来图景

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.