Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,484 members, 7,770,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:50 AM

Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (167281 Views)

Pls How Do I Play Multiplayer Games On Ppsspp / Playing Ps2 Games From A Memory Card. / Playing Ps2 Games Wit Just Flash Drives? No Lens, No Cd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jalal(m): 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2005
Play PS2 On PC

Hi,

Has anyone heard the about the software that allows you to play PS2 CDs on your PC? It's really cool!

PS: Your PC must not be less than Pentium 2 or it will be too damn slow!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by chuchwhite: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2005
How do I get the software for Playstation 2 on PC which you talked about in your message?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jalal(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2005
I don't know if it's available in the market but I got mine from a friend. It can fit unto a floppy disk so it doesn't take much capacity. If you want it let me know: it's called Connectix VGS.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by legry(m): 8:29am On Dec 28, 2005
So how do i get the Connectix VGS can i download it from somewhere or can you provide it?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jalal(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2005
It emulates both PS1 and 2, why dont u try it out first if u hav it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 3:31am On Dec 29, 2005
connectix is a PS1 emulator not a PS2 emulator. it's one of the first PS1 emulators and development on it has since been stopped. there's no way on earth it can play PS2 games. you're mistaken Jalal.
a Pentium 3 will struggle with a PS2 game so Pentium 2s are even out of the question.

the most popular PS2 emulator can be downloaded here.

you'll need to download the PS2 BIOS though, can't remember where i got mine but u can just google "SCPH39001.bin" and hope u get lucky.

1 Like

Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2005
word of warning: connectix works extremely well with the older PS1 games but not so well with the later PS1 games.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by goodguy(m): 9:38pm On Jan 01, 2006
Mr. C0dec, what sort of file is that?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jalal(m): 11:13am On Jan 02, 2006
@ Goodguy, so wats up hav u tried it out yet? Pls giv mi ur feedback.
Thanks
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by goodguy(m): 11:38am On Jan 02, 2006
Not yet, I haven't laid my hands on any PlayStation Cd's yet.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2006
goodguy:

Mr. C0dec, what sort of file is that?

the emulator link? it's a 7-zip file (a fairly new compression format). you'll probably need 7-zip or winrar to decompress it.

you can get the PS2 BIOS here.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by goodguy(m): 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2006
Thanks. What's the BIOS for?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2006
you'll need it for the emulator.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by goodguy(m): 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2006
How?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 11:55pm On Jan 02, 2006
you'll know why when u install the emulator.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jalal(m): 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2006
@goodguy dont mind codec he's only confusing u!!!!
Just install the software on ur PC and slot in the cd, open the software and it will auto run. Finish pronto!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2006
@Jalal
i've been playing emulated games for over 6 years now.

i used connectix vgs long time ago (before the PS2 was even released). if i remember correctly, it's a 700kb exe file thats auto runs the PS CD. no doubt that - it's a solid emulator but all that's for (older) PS1 games.

PS2 emulators require the PS2 BIOS to work. even the more recent PS1 emulators like ePSXe requires the PS1 BIOS to run. so i ain't confusing no one.

one more thing, if you don't have a DVD-ROM drive forget it. PS2 games are DVDs!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by goodguy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2006
Thanks for the clarification. wink
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by angelmike(m): 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2006
hi jalal good for u to educate us on this..will love to hav a try...pls send to my mail box coolasgood@yahoo.com smiley
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jalal(m): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2006
Hey
I think Codec is right, the software works with PlayStation cds, Well the aim of the thread was to let u guys know about it, anyway i think the message got thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2006
::
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by GSnipes: 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2006
Hello All,

Some very good information! But I've read through the current thread, and still not sure what the answer is about converting / playing PS2 games on a PC? Is there a definative process to follow to convert? If so, once converted is it as easy as loading the DVD in to the DVD Rom in your PC?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by cam: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2006
[tt]how do you install it
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 12:37am On Jan 12, 2006
install what?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by GSnipes: 2:09am On Jan 12, 2006
Would anyone know if the following product works as easy as advertised?

PSTwo Slim Flip Top Cover with Swap Magic 3.6 - No Modchip Required

This is the most powerful and easiest way to play backups on the Slim PSTwo. All you need is the PS2 Slim FlipTop Cover and the Swap Magic V3.6 Plus disc's. Once you install the new cover in place, all you do is:

1) Insert the Swap Magic 3.6 Plus disc
2) Wait 10 seconds until the Swap Magic Loads
3) Flip the top open and insert your game
4) Close lid and press “x” to play
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 11:58am On Jan 12, 2006
probably. if indeed the flip top cover exists.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Rocky: 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2006
I want VGs for ps2.Pls send it to my e-mail id.My e-mail id is - deadevil_27@hotmail.com.pls send it fast.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by sc4n: 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2006
Hello, i've been searching my whole entire life (in fact i don't, i just want to make it abit irony) for a PS2 emulator, that is REALLY working, No luck so far. now, while searching through the internet, i found this discussion, but after reading all the posts, I'm confused. Here's my question

Is it true if i have a DVD-Rom, I can play a PS2 games in my PC (With connectix VGX (or whatever emulator you(Jalal) said before))? if so, why c0dec said it only can play PS1 Games, I have three emulators for PS1 now, and all three works perfectly (Emurayden, epsxe, and PsxEven), for PS2 I got two of them but both of them ddint work. I got 2 ISO's for PS2 so far ( the best that i could find on the net) and i even tried using the Real PS2 Games taht i borrowed from my friend, but no luck so far to these two PS2 Emu that i have.

I have a medium-to-low computer at the moment, AMD Duron 1.2GHz, GeForce 4MX, 512Mb SDram. if there's a really working PS2 emulator, it should be able to play on my computer i guess (and maybe even found it before), eventho it's slow.. at least it works... but none so far ... (EDITED: the rest of my post, just re-read the discussion again, and it's confirmed by Jalal that connectix V only works on PS1)

Thanks
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by hp360: 12:38am On Jan 15, 2006
Please i need the emullator for ps2.My email address is harsh1329@yahoo.com!!

Can u install it!! When u email it please tell me instructions.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 11:07am On Jan 15, 2006
okay. let me make things clear for you guys.

Connectix is NOT a PS2 emulator - it is a PS1 emulator (older than the ones, sc4n has).

PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator but it doesn't work well, infact there's is no solid PS2 emulator out there. you can try PCSX2 though and if you're gonna use PS2 DVDs, you're gonna need a DVD-ROM drive.

hope thats clear, now.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2006
yo c0dec

bad guy that u are, i'm sure uve already got the WIP version of pcsx2, right?

so does it really load the games to a playable state?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2006
bad guy? LOLz

man, don't have it. honestly, i haven't been following th PS2 emu scene since the console is still very much in form. when all next gen consoles fall in, i probably will.

but i did try the current PSCX2, but wasn't playable, was mighty slow and i just quit it when it got to the title screen. namco's street racing syndicate (not a very popular game)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real: Download Pes 2014 Mobile Game For Free Here / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? / Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.