Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Domain Registration Problem - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Registration Problem (1237 Views)

Unlimited Webhosting with domain Registration for 1600 naira / Domain Registration / Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Registration Problem by smartsoft(m): 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2006
hello guys,
Well someone in this forum of recent posted domain registration for about N300 a year, well the thing is in nigeria our domain registra here don't give you ability to maintain your Domain panel your self incase of necessity

That shows people are really spoiling this kind of market for other people now Nairahost sell domain with your own domain control panel and good features,  not advertising Nairahost.com oo but at least with what have seen and the Price is kind of good. if you really look at, the domain sold for N300 got no Control panel to be given to you, alot of features woun't be enable for you and it will be very useless for you to use it,  just like Naira.com you  will have to send your DNS to them and it will take 3days for them to register your domain, their domain goes for N1000 which really sucks because no Control Panel for you, you can't even change your dns for yourself. likewise Signonafrica after buying domain and filling form for neccessary infos for your domain, you will have to beg them for them to change your DNS it even got to a point Naira.com was asking for payment to Change DNS, H a b a it shouldn't be so at all  i'm not trying to condemn anybody but what i'm trying to to say is that the money aren't the issue if a domain is sold for N20,000 and the features you got there are kind of fatanstic, you going to pay knowing full well other people are also registring the same domain for N300

The White guys we claim to buy domain from also provides Domain Control panel for every domain you buy excluding you buying in a buk. i haven't seen a Nigeria Company who registers domain and give you access to the Domain, What they will tell you is to send your DNS and stuff like that .
                                               Domain Features
1. Web based Controlled Domain Panel.
2. Free online ownership transfer
3. Free domain forwarding
4. Free domain lock
5. Free DNS manager

All this are meant to be there, if not aren't buy any domain names

It really sucks for me i don't know about others.
Re: Domain Registration Problem by kazey(m): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2006
@smartsoft, Thank you for your confidence in us.

I would like to say it again, Nairahost at http://www.nairahost.com gives you full 100% control over your domains.

For more information visit http://nairahost.com/domain-registration/.

We are the only Nigerian host, I think , that provide such service at a reasonable fee of 1800 Naira.
Re: Domain Registration Problem by salviya: 10:52am On Jan 28, 2011
Try this site http://www.thewebpole.com/ to register the domain and also get the hosting,domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,
Re: Domain Registration Problem by bug24(m): 3:36pm On Jan 28, 2011
@Poster,

I have said i will curse anyone who mentions SignOnAfrica on this forum but because i like ur username, i will curse now.

The most nonsensical hosting company i have ever known is SignOnAfrica.

Truth is i once worked there and i know what complaints we usually get from clients and after leaving the place, i started using em but what i got, aaaaaaaaaah! dem show me pepper.

Register a domain name for you ="3days"
Unlock a domain for you ="1month"
customer service= COmpletely Poor

You can even pay for your domain renewal and yet, ur domain will expire without it being renewd.

shebi their PH office has closed down.

I face issues here in PH so teeey i had to travel to their Lagos, held abt 3hrs meeting with the mgt, still nothing.

Issue was, unlock my domain (a ticket and follow ups i sent about one month before domain expiration) but no way. No one did a thing about it until the domain expired and i was asked to pay to renew it. lol

NONSENSE PEOPLE.
Re: Domain Registration Problem by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2011
That's why i have not start my own domain Registration company i want a situation where customer can have control over their domain name

(1) (Reply)

Midnitecaller.com / Help! How Do I Add Drop Down Menu To A Webpage / Please test/rate this P2P free website advertising. Tell us what you think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.