Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,504 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers (8669 Views)

Mass Wedding Of 109 Couples In Nasarawa State Today / Jos Holds Mass Wedding For 52 Couples! (Photos) / Mass Wedding Ceremony In South Korea (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by dridowu: 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
Sokoto—The Sokoto State Government said on Sunday that it would give out in a mass wedding, 250 widows and widowers across the state to give them a new lease of life.

Alhaji Zubairu Goronyo, the state Commissioner for Social Development, who announced this at the screening of the beneficiaries in Sokoto, said that the venture would gulp N30 million.

According to him, a date will soon be fixed for the exercise.

A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, who witnessed the screening that was done to establish the health status of the beneficiaries, reported that it was handled by various committees.

Alhaji Zubairu said that beds, mattresses, sets of chairs, curtains and two sets of female wrappers would be given to each of the 125 brides.

He said that similarly, the grooms would be given two sets of guinea brocade, N20,000 each as dowry to formalise the marriage agreement, and another N20,000 each to boost their businesses.

The commissioner said that the state governor, Alhaji Aliyu Wamakko, and the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, would serve as guardians to the brides and grooms at the ceremony.

‘The exercise is going to be on a quarterly basis, so as to enable more potential brides and grooms to benefit,” he said.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/sokoto-plans-mass-wedding-250-widows-widowers/#sthash.5It32TE9.dpuf
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by donphilopus: 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
That's a good development! Encouraging the widows/widowers.
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by chimex38: 4:36am On Nov 26, 2013
donphilopus: That's a good development! Encouraging the widows/widowers.
finally its comin 2 pass!
State without priority...
Its future -ve effect is on d way.
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by dridowu: 8:11am On Nov 26, 2013
chimex38:
state without priority...its future effect is on d way
if dos pple are committing adultery u & i will be d 1 to criticise dm; so i guess d match making is still part of priority
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by afribookorg(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2013
Ok
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by MrOlodo(m): 9:31am On Nov 26, 2013
[size=24pt]Some body help I was banned till 2106
[/size]

[b] Somebody help I was banned by Sexkillz till 2106 for going around a ban....
2106 ninty three years from now....
Sexkillz is making life bitter for me on Nairaland...
He banned me for going around a ban till 2106...
But I have never be banned in romance before
. because I was banned by mukina2 for saying na me be Mr.olodo but am repented...
Crime has it's punishment 93 years from now…
If I didn't email Sexkillz would he know I was banned...
So because I was banned before if my post was reasonable it would be removed and me banned...
So if I should post in politics a reasonable post I would also be banned for going around a ban...
Moderators come together to rescue me I have never be banned in romance before...
And my post was reasonable... I posted how my girlfriend said I have mouth odor and seeking for advice all I saw is banned till 2106....
And now I can't post in education for no reason... If am told to try in a few hours 93years from now. then trying in a week or so is how many centuries someone HELP----
[/b]

Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by dwittyc0der(f): 9:31am On Nov 26, 2013
Rubbish

Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by Layolaw(f): 9:33am On Nov 26, 2013
good for them, at least they can now enjoy like others
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by Adesam09(m): 9:36am On Nov 26, 2013
E ku Oshi
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by igbeke: 9:37am On Nov 26, 2013
dis pple will never seize 2 amaze me. of all d problems confronting dem, na mass marriage b their priority.
its simple, we dont reason alike.

6 Likes

Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by Leadn(m): 9:39am On Nov 26, 2013
Oh! the most pressing needs of Our fellow country men is mass marriage! #SMH
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by princemolak(m): 9:40am On Nov 26, 2013
Okay na,30 milion Naira 4 250 people?
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by Caseless: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2013
chimex38:
state without priority...its future effect is on d way
what are u saying? u did not make sense!
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by Caseless: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2013
igbeke: dis pple will never seize 2 amaze me. of all d problems confronting dem, na mass marriage b their priority.
its simple, we dont reason alike.
which problem, pesin no go marry? d problem na today?
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by Olugbenger(m): 9:42am On Nov 26, 2013
lincolnj88: grin hahahahh we call this development of marital infrastructures.... grin
donphilopus: That's a good development! Encouraging the widows/widowers.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by dridowu: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2013
Mr•Olodo:

2106 is just a matter of days, atleast just give ur password to ur children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren so that they can continue when the ban expires.

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by tayork(m): 9:42am On Nov 26, 2013
Maybe it due to the causes boko harram did to them, well nice development from them, it really encouraging
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by MiguelMi6(m): 9:45am On Nov 26, 2013
Mass wedding.Don't understand this.
Widows and widowers-do they consent to this union.Isn't it an unreasonable logic to marry someone you don't know dearly.This is a blind marriage,neither share affections of love.
Funny this is supported by Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by everyday: 9:46am On Nov 26, 2013
Good for them
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by LMAyedun(m): 9:48am On Nov 26, 2013
N30 million. undecided
I don't buy the idea of Gov't funding marriages.. Only in
Northern Nigeria. SMH!
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by nerodenero: 9:50am On Nov 26, 2013
Why is such news associated with the northern part of the country? Don't we have widows and widowers in the south too? Please attend to more pressing issues than this. Why must it be news sef?
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by chimex38: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2013
caseless: what are u saying? u did not make sense!
sorry, i meant d process will b manipulated in d future.
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:59am On Nov 26, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt]Some body help I was banned till 2106
[/size]

[b] Somebody help I was banned by Sexkillz till 2106 for going around a ban....
2106 ninty three years from now....
But I have never be banned in romance before
. because I was banned by mukina2 for saying na me be Mr.olodo but am repented...
Crime has it's punishment 93 years from now…
If I didn't email Sexkillz would he know I was banned...
So because I was banned before if my post was reasonable it would be removed and me banned...
So if I should post in politics a reasonable post I would also be banned for going around a ban...
Moderators come together to rescue me I have never be banned in romance before...
And my post was reasonable... I posted how my girlfriend said I have mouth odor and seeking for advice all I saw is banned till 2106....
And now I can't post in education for no reason... If am told to try in a few hours 93years from now. then trying in a week or so is how many centuries someone HELP----
[/b]
I found it irritating to quote all the rubbish you wrote. But I v the heart to help you.
Last Bullet:
Come along with N20,000, 2 black goats, 1 red cloth, 1 black cloth, 2 big bottles of seaman schnapps & 1 guinea fowl to A-Z Herbal Clinic @ 1/3 Arochukwu road, Awka, Anambra State. It's opposite Okija Juju Herbal Clinic.
Some mods are due for sacrifice.

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 26, 2013
These northerners have funny issues sha. Imagine them running state projects like community chiefs in a remote village. SMH
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by Danhumprey: 10:02am On Nov 26, 2013
dridowu: if dos pple are committing adultery u & i will be d 1 to criticise dm; so i guess d match making is still part of priority
3 of your topics don make Frontpage in succession today. Na was ooooooo. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:03am On Nov 26, 2013
Space reserved for counter attack!
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by Danhumprey: 10:06am On Nov 26, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: I found it irritating to quote all the rubbish you wrote. But I v the heart to help you.
Last Bullet:
Come along with N20,000, 2 black goats, 1 red cloth, 1 black cloth, 2 big bottles of seaman schnapps & 1 guinea fowl to A-Z Herbal Clinic @ 1/3 Arochukwu road, Awka, Anambra State. It's opposite Okija Juju Herbal Clinic.
Some mods are due for sacrifice.
Okiki_Plows at work. grin

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by lafuria1(m): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2013
The mass wedding is a good gesture, help to make things easy for the widows who have no means to take care of themselves and their children but would prefer a more sustainable alternative like creating jobs for the children of the widows. There are so many youth in sokoto with no job to help themselves. These mass wedding will only solve problems for a very short time after which the problem resurfaces.

I dislike government who have no eye for the future. It appears government are more interested in self praise where they want to take the credit for 'good' governance which makes them think of short term goals rather than long term.
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by mu2sa2: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2013
The empowerment to start a business is commedable.
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by lincolnj88: 10:11am On Nov 26, 2013
grin hahahahh we call this development of marital infrastructures.... grin

Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:15am On Nov 26, 2013
Danhumprey: Okiki_Plows at work. grin
the gods are watching, they are annoyed with the madness of some moderators of this site.
They ll strike if Seun can't caution them.
Re: Sokoto Plans Mass Wedding For Widows & Widowers by asagal(f): 10:16am On Nov 26, 2013
2day is my birthday!!!
nlanders pls join me in thanking God 4 addin anoda yr in my life smiley smiley kiss

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cakes By Marie / List Of Upcoming Events/Shows/Concerts/Exhibitions In Nigeria / Professional Photography Coverage 4 Ur Weddings & Events (See Gorgeous Pics)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.