Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Students Demand From ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Demand From ASUU (617 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / EBSU Withdraws From ASUU Strike - School Registrar, Mr. Sam Egwu / Message From ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Demand From ASUU by sirrinky: 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Personally I would say that I do not want this strike to be called off till January because in University system the month of December is as good as useless.That out of the way,I am of the opinion that certain excesses of university lecturers needs to be promptly and adequately checked.If ASUU can fight so hard for their personal benefits,with only bits affecting students welfare I think it will also be proper if students demand also for things they stand to benefit from.
1.I am of the opinion that a committee should be set up outside academia that will investigate cases of molestation of female students by lecturers and if found guilty such persons should be sacked automatically.
2.The sale of "materials" or handouts should be banned in its entirety and any lecturer that gives grades or special preference to those with handouts should be sacked.
3.All lecturers must be made to revise their course notes every year and a body to enforce this should be put in place,a copy of their lecture notes also should be made available in the university's portal for downloads by students.
4.As 70% attendance is required for writing any examination by students,a 90% attendance should be required from lecturers.The situation where a lecturer leaves his class for months only to come back two weeks to final exams should not be condoned.Every man should be made to actually earn his wages.

If ASUU can fight so hard for themselves,I think it beckons on us students to also fight for our welfare.Since the SUGs in most schools have gone cold it depends on each of us to fight for our benefit.
These terms I think should be addressed before the end of this current strike.Please I add yours let's get the message out.

1 Like

Re: Students Demand From ASUU by rhazhaqh: 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
na so
Re: Students Demand From ASUU by sirrinky: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
Exactly
Re: Students Demand From ASUU by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
Rightly said op, how do we make other student even the Minister of Education see these? Coz this so called lecturers have taking everybody for a ride. How i wish the M-E can set up a commitee in evey tertiary institution to monitor these lecturers
Re: Students Demand From ASUU by sirrinky: 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
@Mods please take this to fp so that we can get more input on the matter and find a way to draw the attention of those in authority.

(1) (Reply)

Chancellors Order Universities To Open-pm News / How was ASUU strike of help to you? / The World Bank / Unesco Free University Education Ends In Nov. 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.