Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Transmission Fluid For Volvo S40 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transmission Fluid For Volvo S40 (851 Views)

What Is The Recommended Transmission Fluid For Honda City 2007 / Transmission Fluid Or Gear Oil In Radiator / What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transmission Fluid For Volvo S40 by okpeho(m): 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good morning Car Gurus in the house,

I just got a Nigerian used Volvo S40 (1998) Model Automatic with a mileage of about 58,000. The car has been parked for like 4 months because the owner got 2 other cars and he has not been driving it. I want to take the car to a mechanic tomoro for servicing, please, i will like to know if i should top the transmission fluid or drain the old fluid and add fresh one, also what kind of transmission fluid do you advise i used for the car.
Thanks as i await your prompt response.
Re: Transmission Fluid For Volvo S40 by omotoda(m): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2013
[quote author=okpeho]Good morning Car Gurus in the house,

I just got a Nigerian used Volvo S40 (1998) Model Automatic with a mileage of about 58,000. The car has been parked for like 4 months because the owner got 2 other cars and he has not been driving it. I want to take the car to a mechanic tomoro for servicing, please, i will like to know if i should top the transmission fluid or drain the old fluid and add fresh one, also what kind of transmission fluid do you advise i used for the car.
Thanks as i await your prompt response.[/quot

Volvo S40 1999 model uses Dexron 111 transmission fluid.Considering that the vehicle has been parked for long and you won't know if they had changed it before (most likely with another brand) it is safer you just drain it and refill with Original Dexron 111 transmission fluid which you can get from Oando!e certain that your mechanic is competent to correctly handle this.
Re: Transmission Fluid For Volvo S40 by okpeho(m): 10:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
@ Omotoda, tnks so much for your advice. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Car Talk Is The Most Affected Section / Honda Bullet!!! / Style N Power: 2017 Mercedes- AMG C63 Coupe Revealed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.