Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,947 members, 7,956,569 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

"There is no Hell." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "There is no Hell." (2071 Views)

Pope Francis: There Is No Hell Fire; Adam And Eve Are Not Real / BREAKING NEWS: There Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real –––pope Francis Expose / “there Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real” - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"There is no Hell." by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
Someone Said: "There is no Hell."

If a judge shut his eyes to Mafia murders, he is a corrupt judge and should be prosecuted himself. If God is good He must see that perfect justice is done. The Bible warns that that will happen on Judgment Day. God will punish all murderers and rapists, but He is so good, and so just, He will also punish thieves, liars, fornicators, adulterers, and even those who have lusted (see Matthew 5:27-28) and hated (see 1 John 3:15). Hell is His terrible prison, and those who go there won’t be eligible for parole.

"And fear not then which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both the soul and body in hell" - Matthew 10:28. (The Evidence Bible)
Re: "There is no Hell." by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Bible references warning of the reality of hell.

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both the soul and body in hell" - Matthew 10:28.

"Wherefore if your hand or your foot offend you, cut them off, and cast them from you: it is better for you to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if your eye offend you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: it is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire" (Matthew 18:8-9).
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
Stop hiding behind the Anglo Saxon word 'HELL ' which means 'hidden place'.

The actual translation of that word in Greek is :

γέενναν or geennan

Gehenna :originally the name of a valley or cavity near Jerusalem, a place underneath the earth, a place of punishment for evil - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

Gehenna is symbolic for the lake of fire where the wicked will be destroyed.

1 Like

Re: "There is no Hell." by dorox(m): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
I though that the wages sin pays is death.

1 Like

Re: "There is no Hell." by Emusan(m): 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
dorox: I thought that the wages sin pays is death.

No No No! the only wages sin pays is TAX
Re: "There is no Hell." by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Emusan:

No No No! the only wages sin pays is TAX

grin grin grin
Re: "There is no Hell." by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

Stop hiding behind the Anglo Saxon word 'HELL ' which means 'hidden place'.

The actual translation of that word in Greek is :

γέενναν or geennan

Gehenna :originally the name of a valley or cavity near Jerusalem, a place underneath the earth, a place of punishment for evil.

Gehenna is symbolic for the lake of fire where the wicked will be destroyed.

Greek will not help you in this matter. Here is another verse warning you of the reality of hell:

"You serpents, you generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell?" (Matthew 24:33).
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Greek will not help you in this matter. Here is another verse warning you of the reality of hell:

"You serpents, you generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell?" (Matthew 24:33).

Using an Anglo Saxon term to describe what Jesus meant is laughable.

smiley
Re: "There is no Hell." by UyiIredia(m): 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
Burning people for eternity, irregardless of age or conduct because they disbelieve a story is perfect justice undecided If this isn't an example of how religion twists one's mind, tell me what it is ? SMH.

1 Like

Re: "There is no Hell." by NativeBoy: 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Burning people for eternity, irregardless of age or conduct because they disbelieve a story is perfect justice undecided If this isn't an example of how religion twists one's mind, tell me what it is ? SMH.

It is what produced the disbelief that will condemn people.
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Burning people for eternity, irregardless of age or conduct because they disbelieve a story is perfect justice undecided If this isn't an example of how religion twists one's mind, tell me what it is ? SMH.

Not 1 day, not 1 month, not 1 year , in fact not even 1 millions years , worse still not a trillion years , but forever and ever and ever and ever with no way out , no escape, no reprieve, burning in 20,000 degrees of intense flames and sulphur , excruciating pain, regret, suffering and the millions of screams from demons, aliens ( grin ) , murderers and even SATAN himself.

Now try matching this image with the God's character and imagine a God who made his creation knowing that he will at one point or the other subject 90% of them to this horrendous future

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you " - Matthew 5:43-44

"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." - Psalm 30:5

"For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back" - Isaiah 54:7

"for he does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men" - Lamentations 3:33

"You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods." - Deuteronomy 12:31

And they burned their sons and their daughters as offerings and used divination and omens and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger. Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them out of his sight. None was left but the tribe of Judah only - 2 Kings 17:17-18

“For the sons of Judah have done evil in my sight, declares the Lord. They have set their detestable things in the house that is called by my name, to defile it. And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into my mind - Jeremiah 7:30-34

The god that these people worship, is he really the Almighty Yahweh, the creator of Heaven and Earth.
Re: "There is no Hell." by UyiIredia(m): 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
@ frosbel: Apparently OLAADEGBU doesn't believe God is like that, it's almost as if he likes God to burn people in hell.

2 Likes

Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Apparently OLAADEGBU doesn't believe God is like that, it's almost as if he likes God to burn people in hell.

its the religious spirit that controls his ilk.
Re: "There is no Hell." by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
Yahweh must be a sadistic god! Even zeus was more benevolent to humanity .....

I believe that hell is the creation of warped human minds sha .....or its one of the many errors in the bible .
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Yahweh must be a sadistic god! Even zeus was more benevolent to humanity .....

I believe that hell is the creation of warped human minds sha .....or its one of the many errors in the bible .

that's what it is :

"creation of warped human minds"
Re: "There is no Hell." by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

Not 1 day, not 1 month, not 1 year , in fact not even 1 millions years , worse still not a trillion years , but forever and ever and ever and ever with no way out , no escape, no reprieve, burning in 20,000 degrees of intense flames and sulphur , excruciating pain, regret, suffering and the millions of screams from demons, aliens ( grin ) , murderers and even SATAN himself.

Now try matching this image with the God's character and imagine a God who made his creation knowing that he will at one point or the other subject 90% of them to this horrendous future

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you " - Matthew 5:43-44

"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." - Psalm 30:5

"For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back" - Isaiah 54:7

"for he does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men" - Lamentations 3:33

"You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods." - Deuteronomy 12:31

And they burned their sons and their daughters as offerings and used divination and omens and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger. Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them out of his sight. None was left but the tribe of Judah only - 2 Kings 17:17-18

“For the sons of Judah have done evil in my sight, declares the Lord. They have set their detestable things in the house that is called by my name, to defile it. And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into my mind - Jeremiah 7:30-34

The god that these people worship, is he really the Almighty Yahweh, the creator of Heaven and Earth.

All these verses are meant for children of God. Are you one?
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

All these verses are meant for children of God. Are you one?

Yes, asking his children to act like GOD and not like the DEVIL.

cool
Re: "There is no Hell." by Joshthefirst(m): 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
Frosbel and co. You keep comparing time with timelessness. The wages of sin is death. The evil and wicked man will be cast into the lake of fire where they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. That is the harsh reality of the matter.

Do good to shout in the streeets that mankind should escape the damnation and terrible wrath to come.
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
Joshthefirst: Frosbel and co. You keep comparing time with timelessness. The wages of sin is death. The evil and wicked man will be cast into the lake of fire where they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. That is the harsh reality of the matter.

You contradicted yourself on the same sentence. You said the wages of sin is death and then tormented forever and ever.

Do good to shout in the streeets that mankind should escape the damnation and terrible wrath to come.

No, I will preach as Paul preached, as Peter preached, as the early church preached , as Jesus preached etc - Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

If you want to go and shout about a non-existent place, that's your prerogative, but I assure you that you are on your own and not in any form or shape representing the God of the bible.
Re: "There is no Hell." by Joshthefirst(m): 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

You contradicted yourself on the same sentence. You said the wages of sin is death and then tormented forever and ever.

No, I will preach as Paul preached, as Peter preached, as the early church preached , as Jesus preached etc - Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

If you want to go and shout about a non-existent place, that's your prerogative, but I assure you that you are on your own and not in any form or shape representing the God of the bible.

the human spirit is not obliterated.

Preaching repent for the kingdom of God is at hand is preaching escape the wrath to come.

Acts 24:25 Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, “Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you.”

Godly sorrow leads to repentance sir.

I do not say preach hell fire preaching, I say preach the kingdom of God is at hand
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
[quote author=Joshthefirst]the human spirit is not obliterated.

Preaching repent for the kingdom of God is at hand is preaching escape the wrath to come.

The Kingdom of God to come is good news not bad news.

The wrath to come is for the destruction of the ungodly.

The wrath to come is not a SATANIC master plan called eternal torment.
Re: "There is no Hell." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Burning people for eternity, irregardless of age or conduct because they disbelieve a story is perfect justice undecided If this isn't an example of how religion twists one's mind, tell me what it is ? SMH.

Uyi Iredia:

@ frosbel: Apparently OLAADEGBU doesn't believe God is like that, it's almost as if he likes God to burn people in hell.

If you were to place a dried out leaf into the presence of fire, you would notice that the fire would not hesitate to consume the leaf in a matter of seconds. The fire must consume the leaf because of its very nature. Even if the fire didn't want to dispose of the leaf, it wouldn't matter, it still must consume it because their natures are diametrically opposed one to the other.

As in Hebrews 12:29 describes God as a consuming fire. By His very nature, God must consume anything and everything that opposes His nature. We must put on the Lord Jesus Christ, or we will be consumed by the ever pure burning holiness of the King of Kings.

"For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God" (Deut.4:24) The Evidence Bible.
Re: "There is no Hell." by Joshthefirst(m): 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

that's what it is :

"creation of warped human minds"
Jesus must have had a warped human mind then?

Mark 9:43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where ‘Their worm does not die And the fire is not quenched.’ 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 46 where ‘Their worm does not die And the fire is not quenched.’ 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where ‘Their worm does not die And the fire is not quenched.’

John the baptist too:

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Why will the fire not quench? Why won't the fire go off after it has served its purpose of "obliteration"?

Why will the fire keep burning for eternity when everyone in it has already been obliterated and it is empty?
Re: "There is no Hell." by Joshthefirst(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]the kingdom is good news for the saved, bad news for the wicked.
Re: "There is no Hell." by NativeBoy: 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

If you are indeed sincere about faithfully preaching then you should be teaching about judgment and the reality of hell. The below are the words if Christ himself:

And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:40, 41, 45, 46 NKJV)
Re: "There is no Hell." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Oduduwaboy:

Yahweh must be a sadistic god! Even zeus was more benevolent to humanity .....

Those of you who insist that your "god" would never create hell are actually right, because he couldn't. Such a "god" doesn't exist. He is a figment of your imaginations, it is a god you have created in your minds to suit yourselves. It's called "idolatry," and it's the oldest sin in the Bible. Idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of God. The one true God, however, could and did create hell for those who reject His mercy. They will reap His just wrath.
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

As in Hebrews 12:29 describes God as a consuming fire. By His very nature, God must consume anything and everything that opposes His nature. We must put on the Lord Jesus Christ, or we will be consumed by the ever pure burning holiness of the King of Kings.

"For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God" (Deut.4:24) The Evidence Bible.

endless contradiction as usual !!!

How can God consume and then not consume, do you even know what the word consume means -

καταναλίσκον katanaliskon

2654 katanalískō (from 2596 /katá, "down, according to," intensifying 355 /analískō, "consume" ) – properly, consume all the way ("up to down" ), i.e. exactly (decisively, conclusively). 2654 (katanalískō) means "to consume utterly, wholly (kata, intensive)" (Vine, Unger, White, NT, 125) and only occurs in Heb 12:

smiley
Re: "There is no Hell." by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
Do you truly believe there is hell & you love god ? then nothing else will matter.You will leave your daily vocation & family and move from house to house imploring them with the message of salvation!

the idea of hell is a cruel joke that has been used to enslave humanity all through the centuries !
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Joshthefirst: Jesus must have had a warped human mind then?

Mark 9:43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where ‘Their worm does not die And the fire is not quenched.’ 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 46 where ‘Their worm does not die And the fire is not quenched.’ 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where ‘Their worm does not die And the fire is not quenched.’

John the baptist too:

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Why will the fire not quench? Why won't the fire go off after it has served its purpose of "obliteration"?

Why will the fire keep burning for eternity when everyone in it has already been obliterated and it is empty?

reconcile your interpretation with :

"And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind." - Isaiah 66:24

^^
Jesus quoted from this scripture bang on, and this was referring to dead bodies , except you want to religiously twist this one as well.

"I will bring you to a horrible end and you will be no more. You will be sought, but you will never again be found, declares the Sovereign LORD." - Ezekiel 26:21
^^
The devil and his demons will be no more, or what does 'no more' mean in your religious dictionary ?

"And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the LORD of hosts." - Malachi 4:3
^^
The wicked will be burnt to ashes and that's it, bingo, no more - good riddance to those who plague this planet with evil.

what was your question again ?
Re: "There is no Hell." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

Using an Anglo Saxon term to describe what Jesus meant is laughable.

smiley

You might as well laugh at what Jesus said here then:

"Then shall he say also to them on the left hand, Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41).
Re: "There is no Hell." by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You might as well laugh at what Jesus said here then:

"Then shall he say also to them on the left hand, Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41).

Lets define eternal with the associated Greek and make it clear than eternal does not mean forever, but for an age or as long as an age lasts.

This is the from Strongs, except you now want to reject Strongs - grin

αἰώνιον pronounced aiōnion

aiónios: agelong, eternal
Original Word: αἰώνιος, ία, ιον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: aiónios
Phonetic Spelling: (ahee-o'-nee-os)
Short Definition: eternal, unending
Definition: age-long, and therefore: practically eternal, unending; partaking of the character of that which lasts for an age, as contrasted with that which is brief and fleeting.

The fire will last for a period during which the wicked will be burned up and destroyed.

QED.

Next........................

smiley
Re: "There is no Hell." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

endless contradiction as usual !!!

How can God consume and then not consume, do you even know what the word consume means -

καταναλίσκον katanaliskon

2654 katanalískō (from 2596 /katá, "down, according to," intensifying 355 /analískō, "consume" ) – properly, consume all the way ("up to down" ), i.e. exactly (decisively, conclusively). 2654 (katanalískō) means "to consume utterly, wholly (kata, intensive)" (Vine, Unger, White, NT, 125) and only occurs in Heb 12:

smiley

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31).

To warn of the reality of hell is fearful, but it is absolutely legitimate, because the bible says that it is a fearful thing for a sinner to fall into the hands of the living God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Of Mouse Killed By Mousetrap Shows Spirit Leaving Its Body / Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian / Dr. Mike Murdock Live In Port Harcourt On October 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.