Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Enough Is Enough, Let's Stop This Violence! - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Enough Is Enough, Let's Stop This Violence! (713 Views)

Violence / Silent Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enough Is Enough, Let's Stop This Violence! by VoiceofanInk(m): 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
Have u ever been hit by the magnitude of death violence, mostly senseless and baseless, has caused especially in our 'mother-land', Nigeria? Do you know what it means to loose family members, relatives and friends 'cause some asinine gun-trigger chaps decide to vent their anger on humanity for no just reason? With the poem below, I start my campaign against violence in Nigeria and in the world. This effort may not go far to achieve the desired result but however you view it, that is how it would turn out to be. We can join hand, rather, poetic muse in unity and fight against violence. Cheers.

I hope for a day in my father's land
When I hold my head high up in the sky
And be proud to be called Nigerian.

I hope for a day in my mother's land
When I'll be treated equally
By my neighbours next door.

I hope for a day in my place of birth
When I can go up north
Without fear for my life.

A day when my fellow brothers
Would discover the purpose of their existence
And drop their arms in reminiscence

A day when we'll all leave the battle field
To return to the fruitful field
And sow seeds of national development.

A day when the pot-bellied men
Would return to their farms
And their canoes.

I hope for a day
The colour of my skin
Would not matter to my people

On that day,
My religion would barely be noticed

On that day,
My foreign alma mater wouldn't matter

On that day,
There would be hope for all

That day would put an end to violence
And corruption.

A day we'll all say
Shalom!

For more poems (non-necessarily anti-violence) kindly visit: http:///lx3ffp5 (source)

(1) (Reply)

Poems Of An Introvert / Enquiry On Copying Poems From Nairaland / Help Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.