Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 (3641 Views)

Today,1st Of December Is World Aids Day!!! / Photos: World AIDS Day Across Nigeria / Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by Originalsly: 11:44am On Dec 01, 2013
Olamyyde: Let us not forget that everyone has HIV, just that some are positive and some are negative
Rubbish....are you trying to be funny? @ topic....thanks for making people aware. My message to those having unprotected sex...both of you have yourself tested at the same time...if both negative...commit yourself to each other only. You cannot look at someone and know if he/she has the virus. If passed on to you...you can pass it on to your partner and you may never know until years later when you have AIDS. There are many who have tested positive...and have decided since they got it from someone they will pass it on....we can bawl that they shouldn't but the reality is that they do. It's for you to safeguard your life. To those who are not positive...if you know someone who is...support them as much as you can...they need it...support means a lot to them.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by kizolala(m): 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2013
forthose who are not well informed, HIV/AIDS can be managed almost efficiently, if the neccessary drugs are taken religiously. HIV/AIDS is not deadly but only for the fact that it gives rise to opportunistic infections which are the dangerous diseases.

so to all the HIV/AIDS, live ur lyfe lyk a normal person without d feelin of inferiority.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by brideandgroom: 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
cryMy suggestions are;

Everyone should get tested at least twice a year

Those with the viruss should not be discriminated against so dey dnt see vengeance by spreading on the virus.

Those who have the status known on time should take their drugs piously!

Those who are abt to pass on from aids should count themselves lucky as they can make their ways straight before their creato r dereby having a smooth ride.

Those without the virus should strive to remain negative

Most importantly, wen u get rapped, go 2 a genaral hospital and make ur complaint so u can be treated and give an arv drug.

@ ops question, hiv/aid will nt affect my realtionship with who soever.
Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by GSKing: 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
ochejoseph:
Please, share your thoughts on what you think can be done to reduce the prevalence rate of HIV AIDS in Nigeria !

Pls answer this few question

1. Will you sleep with an HIV infected person on the same bed

2. If you discover Fiance is infected will you still go ahead with the wedding ?

3. What will you do if your wife tests positive to the virus?

4. If your long term friend confides in you that he or she is positive will that affect the relationship ?

Spread the Message not the Virus !!!!!!

Dec 1st world AIDS DAY
People living with Aids are humans... We should stop discrimination, stigma kills. Let us all join hands in making the world a better place.smiley

Answers:
1. Yes, on the same bed!

2. No, I won't.

3. Nothing. Probably chase the bug toosmiley

4. No way. An infection won't come between our friendship... infact, I'll show more love and care.

Shout out to all Aids patients around the world. I love you all.smiley
Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by kubi240: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
zip up ur toto and penis up
Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by vanguard1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
A big sympathethic message to all those living with the Aids virus...we who are negative should also play safe...Nobody is immune to HIV.
Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by bros12345: 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
I just did a write up on 20 things you may not know about HIV/AIDS.

1. AIDS was first called GRID, meaning Gay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

So I’m wondering if it was Gayism that actually brought the disease in the world.

2. There are countries where 1 in ever 4 adults have HIV.

3. Women are more exposed to HIV

Ok go see 20 more shocking facts about HIV/AIDS on my blog

http://danieldigest.com/world-aids-day-20-things-you-dont-know-about-hivaids/

1 Like

Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by ebsuguy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by GSKing: 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
bros12345: I just did a write up on 20 things you may not know about HIV/AIDS.

1. AIDS was first called GRID, meaning Gay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

So I’m wondering if it was Gayism that actually brought the disease in the world.

2. There are countries where 1 in ever 4 adults have HIV.

3. Women are more exposed to HIV

Ok go see 20 more shocking facts about HIV/AIDS on my blog

http://danieldigest.com/world-aids-day-20-things-you-dont-know-about-hivaids/
What have you contributed to this thread? Is this what the op asked you for?
Get your stinking immature blog out of everyone's face!
Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by alamoht(m): 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
ochejoseph: 1st of December every year is world AIDS Day.

To date about 75 million people have died of AIDS ,(that's half Nigeria's population)

35 million people globally are living with the Virus ,3.3 million of them are under the age of 15 (that's more than the population of most states )

3.4 million Nigerians are presently living with the Virus

Over 150 million children have lost one or both parents to the virus

In 2012, 2.3 million people were infected according to UNAIDS

Benue state, my state leads the pack of HIV infection in Nigeria

230,000 children died of AIDS and HIV related illnesses in 2012 ,

A greater percentage of HIV infections are among young people ,

Please, share your thoughts on what you think can be done to reduce the prevalence rate of HIV AIDS in Nigeria !

Pls answer this few question

1. Will you sleep with an HIV infected person on the same bed

2. If you discover Fiance is infected will you still go ahead with the wedding ?

3. What will you do if your wife tests positive to the virus?

4. If your long term friend confides in you that he or she is positive will that affect the relationship ?

Spread the Message not the Virus !!!!!!

Dec 1st world AIDS DAY
we can would not be affected oooo
Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by bros12345: 9:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
GSKing:
What have you contributed to this thread? Is this what the op asked you for?
Get your stinking immature blog out of everyone's face!

1. Fortunately our analytic says that over 45 people have clicked to check out the info so far.

2. I may have a stinking blog, but all the same, you were not on gun point to click.

3. I contributed. I told you that AIDS was first called GRID-Gay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome. You may not remember that. Or you may need it for the next who wants to be a millionaire?

4. The thread is about providing some enlightenment about HIV, and I did provide some enlightenment.

So bro, you can see that I contributed. You are among the people that make nairaland a bashing ground and not the educational hub it should be.

Sleep well
Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by GSKing: 1:26am On Dec 02, 2013
bros12345:

1. Fortunately our analytic says that over 45 people have clicked to check out the info so far.

2. I may have a stinking blog, but all the same, you were not on gun point to click.

3. I contributed. I told you that AIDS was first called GRID-Gay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome. You may not remember that. Or you may need it for the next who wants to be a millionaire?

4. The thread is about providing some enlightenment about HIV, and I did provide some enlightenment.

So bro, you can see that I contributed. You are among the people that make nairaland a bashing ground and not the educational hub it should be.

Sleep well

Don't come here displaying your ignorance, it only shows how full of sh*t you are.

1. 45 people might have clicked your blog, yours truly inclusive, but I bet they closed the page almost immediately it was opened cos there wasn't anything news worthy in it.

2. Wasn't on gun point but clicked and silently prayed that the link would not be as empty as it's owner.

3. Aids was called GRID, which was your first point in your first post; your third point being that women are mostly infected with Aids, how contradictory. Gay is used to refer to guys, If women were inclusive, homosexual would have been the word, innit? Make proper research next time before posting guess work here.
ps: Not every nairalander live in penury.

4. What you provided, brova, was lies! From the title of your post,(20 gibberish I didn't know...).which wasn't upto 6 in your blog, you couldn't name any country that has 1 Aids patient in every 4 individual!!! ( you're very sick in the head to have thought that, btw) your blog is trash, the more reason you should delete it. Invest your time in something more fulfilling and meaningful, like caring for Aids patients, instead of brewing dust and hatred with your ogbanje blogging.

I am one of the people nairaland needs to inculcate proper education into thick skulls which it was created for, nubes are welcome anyways. Why would people need teachers if there were no students?

As for your "sleep well" message, back at you!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by bros12345: 9:30am On Dec 02, 2013
The countries where 1 in four adults have HIV are swaziland, Bostwana, Lesotho.

Need the source.

Good to hear that you are not living in penury, although I didnt ask.

FYI, I will continue to blog and provide good info. I dont know about you, as in, what you will continue to do.

The link again is; http://danieldigest.com/world-aids-day-20-things-you-dont-know-about-hivaids/

Before you call me another name pls check it out....hahahahah

With Love

Re: A Thread For World AIDS Day 2013 by GSKing: 11:06am On Dec 02, 2013
bros12345: The countries where 1 in four adults have HIV are swaziland, Bostwana, Lesotho.

Need the source.

Good to hear that you are not living in penury, although I didnt ask.

FYI, I will continue to blog and provide good info. I dont know about you, as in, what you will continue to do.

The link again is; http://danieldigest.com/world-aids-day-20-things-you-dont-know-about-hivaids/

Before you call me another name pls check it out....hahahahah

With Love
Trash!!! Hope you contacted UNICEF and WHO before posting this nonsense?

The internet is not always correct, dearest lad.

#Speaking out for HIV/AIDS patients around the world, thanks for asking!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Native Doctors Now Issue Medical Report In Nigeria / Are Hepatitis A,B,C Viruses Retroviruses? / Korean Yoni Pearl For Ladies Fertility Issues And Infection At A Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.