Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,708 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Great Resources For Learning And The Basics Of Web Design - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Great Resources For Learning And The Basics Of Web Design (641 Views)

Samurai Blitz Game Android Resources Tool Coins APK Ios / Learn The Basics Of Multimedia And Creative Graphics / Visual Basics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Resources For Learning And The Basics Of Web Design by smullenbacker: 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
Any good videos on web design or anything having to do with websites?
Re: Great Resources For Learning And The Basics Of Web Design by smullenbacker: 11:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
There are so many good web designs out there, but I am trying to narrow down to a really good one. A step by step guide would be good or a basic tutorial that goes through one by one. I did find a good one on ruby on rails, but not sure if that is the language that I want to learn. I always thought that php is more widely used and I should spend my efforts into learning that.

There is also node, but it seems way too complicated for me. I am not that big of a fan of javascript to begin with, so it would probably be an overkill.
Re: Great Resources For Learning And The Basics Of Web Design by smullenbacker: 11:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
I have been digging around the internet and have found a couple resources. Team treehouse looks like they provide some great material and videos on all different languages of web design. I think I am going to take some on javascript to uncover the mystery. I also found [url="http://www.learnseoclass.com]increase rankings to learn the basics of a website[/url]. I think that this will give me the kick I need to bring traffic to my website. I am also going to look into some social media techniques because my friend Jessica told me that it works wonders for her.

Honestly I am a bit skeptical of social media because I really don't use it. The idea of using twitter for a status update kinda turns me off. I guess you have to give something a try at least. smiley
Re: Great Resources For Learning And The Basics Of Web Design by smullenbacker: 12:03am On Nov 27, 2013
I just read an article that really made me feel good about using learning javascript first. It talks about how most website have to use it in order to create motion or functionality. I am not sure why there has not been a replacement yet, but I am hoping that there will be soon. When it comes to search engines they need to find another way to read this code.
Re: Great Resources For Learning And The Basics Of Web Design by tadexe(m): 12:15am On Nov 27, 2013
Do all what comes naturally. seethe and fume and throw a tantrum smiley the choice is yours , ok lets cut d crap and get to the nitty gritty , well as i have thought before SHEARING MY OPINION you must have something you love or find interesting about web designing , if am right then your response as would have guess would be dam right aah?. well i did like to put it this way choices are made and rules where made to be broken ofcouse they are and you have your choice and rules here is not something you can count on ,

i did like to put myself in your shoes by shearing my idea and maybe this might pump some adrenaline into your system or rather ginger you up,
i love the Internet and the web, yes i do but they are the least of what i cherished most programming was fun yes it was but tears and pain, hardwork and resilience must all be considered cos i do considered them , but the most fascinating is the fact that letters and symbol could actually do magic and make this miserable life easier . yeah i do really like that .

so QUE is do you really want to do this as a hobbie or a career (cos it is one of those thing that might determine how seriouse yo are)
why cos i found myself in this situation once i love to code in php and then later to python and then again C++, yeah i really lost it at the beginning cos really i dont know where to begging , but i had it all figured out why cos still i love how things online pc and the web generally does it trick

i did descided to make a choice and start learning PHP all alone bet you , at first it was'nt fun but later i get addicted to it and loved it so much when scripting with MYSQL and PHP together , i bet you this is where the fun is and the holy grail if you know what mean .

Programming is a fascinating study and yet lot of them out there but somehow all speaking the same language , The keys is you learn PHP AND MYSQL together they are still used out there at large its easy and would give you a good insight of what other language is like the basic of php almost introduced you to everything in programming , you will enjoy it why cos you get to see what you do live on screen .

as a token ..i would consider you registering on http://www.lynda.com/ or rather you might query up torrent file on giggle then youtube you would be surprise of the kind of resources you might find.
Re: Great Resources For Learning And The Basics Of Web Design by tadexe(m): 10:53am On Nov 27, 2013
Do you have any previous experience in web design?.

(1) (Reply)

Amazon Will Start Making Deliveries Using Drones!!!! :o ;D / Photo Of The Day:- Find The Dots In The Picture. [see Photo] / Man Drunk Miraculously Survives After 4 Hours With 12-inch Knife In Skull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.