Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? (1643 Views)

Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux,unix And Mac OS X / Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X / Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by wisemania(m): 12:23am On Nov 27, 2013
*sighs*
Ive noticed that there's no single person on this section that talks about apps that run on iOS systems,all i keep hearing is android android and android...
does it mean that we do not have objective-C programmers in the house?
Or is it that am the only soul here that is interested in iOS apps design?
I'd rather you guyz Enlightened my ignorance,coz am contemplating objective-c after am preety sound @ C-programming......
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by Nobody: 3:32am On Nov 27, 2013
Cost of development too high also moat NL devs so mostly crud apps
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by wisemania(m): 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
@PC thanks bro..
I ask once again...are there no iOS apps developers in the whole of NAIRALAND? Please i need you guy to say a thing or two that might be a source of encouragement to the newbies(i.e if am not the only one here that is interested) that want to go into iOS app development......jeeeeeezzzzzzzzz
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by olyjosh(m): 5:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hi, I think there are quite a number of iOs developer here on nairaland. But you have made a very good choice by choosing iOs as the platform that you want to be programming for.

As pc guru has mentioned that cost of development is too high, that is right.

Take a looks at these,

Publishing on android store is cheaper than it is on iOs. You will have to pay $25 for a lifetime as a developer to publish your apps on play store while you will have to be paying $99 to publish your apps on app store annually.
However, to develop for iOs requires that you have a Mac though u can purchase the i-mac service online which Apple will bill you base on time. Though, you may develop everything about your application on pc if you are not using x-code but you will have to get i-mac in other to get provisional certificate(p12 certificate) for signing your applications.

However, objective c programmers are not that much in Nigeria, thanks to java for the usual write once run anywhere that make it possible to write mac app with java too. There are also other ways to develop for iOs though they are not native and most are web(HTML 5) based tech.

Regardless of all this, i feel it worth developing for since its pays much to develop for such Os where developers are not that much as it is on android and user are buying app than it is in android.

I do develop for iOs despite the fact that i also develop for android

1 Like

Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by wisemania(m): 9:03am On Dec 01, 2013
^^^ Bro thanks alot,i appreciate your concern......you've given me the push with your matured speech construction,i really do appreciate it....though i do not have a mac laptop,but am definately gona get one soon...thanks once again...good morning
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by CODEEATER(m): 9:45am On Dec 01, 2013
wisemania: ^^^ Bro thanks alot,i appreciate your concern......you've given me the push with your matured speech construction,i really do appreciate it....though i do not have a mac laptop,but am definately gona get one soon...thanks once again...good morning
bros o..abg no vex which bank u wan rob?..lol shocked
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by wisemania(m): 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
CODE-EATER:
bros o..abg no vex which bank u wan rob?..lol shocked
lolzz....baba me no nid rob ...i don day eye one mac sha...man don dey save up sha.....
Macintosh no be wan kain big deal naw...,api nu month
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by olyjosh(m): 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
You are welcome bro. No need to rub banks now, You always distribute such cost on clients when they don dey bring the job or when u don finally dey get money from in-app purchase. But sha, like i said you can always have iMac which is the online version of Mac Os(Yes, apple is so generous only when its come to making money from such)
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by Almbn: 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
olyjosh: You are welcome bro. No need to rub banks now, You always distribute such cost on clients when they don dey bring the job or when u don finally dey get money from in-app purchase. But sha, like i said you can always have iMac which is the online version of Mac Os(Yes, apple is so generous only when its come to making money from such)
olyjosh: You are welcome bro. No need to rub banks now, You always distribute such cost on clients when they don dey bring the job or when u don finally dey get money from in-app purchase. But sha, like i said you can always have iMac which is the online version of Mac Os(Yes, apple is so generous only when its come to making money from such)

olyjosh please whats the best way to get in contact with you??
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by olyjosh(m): 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
I'm sorry for replying you late but its never my fault since there isn't any good notification means on nairaland that get you inform about updates on your smart devices(like push, mail, rss). I am just getting this now. You can reach me via olyjoshone@gmail.com or +2348061662025. Thanks
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by Dannywoka(m): 11:58am On Dec 13, 2013
Count me in, bro ! I just bought a rMBP for ios app development. It would be nice to share your experience with newbies like me. BTW, the price of Macbook Air is as closely as PCs, so it doesn't cost that much money indeed. In Xcode, there are default emulators for testing.
Re: Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? by wisemania(m): 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nice to hear that...

(1) (Reply)

Best Monetization Network For Mobile App Developers/ownwers / Test Your Ethical Hacking Skills In The 2017 Capture The Flag (CTF) Hackathon / Please Help, Browsers Can't Find My External Css

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.