Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? (14713 Views)

How Do You Say 'I Love You' In Your Native Language? / How Do U Greet Good Morning In Ur Language / What Is Good Morning In Ur Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Donmircas: 6:45am On Nov 27, 2013
Ndi be anyi,ndewo nu, ututu oma nu...How do you say goodmorning in your language,i want to no which state and village that has the population in this forum. Mine is ututu oma. Oguta l.G.A imo state
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by castielo(m): 7:03am On Nov 27, 2013
ame siere!
eket, Akwa Ibom State cool
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Chelcy(f): 7:04am On Nov 27, 2013
Ututu oma......#Proudly Igbo
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by smakati(m): 7:34am On Nov 27, 2013
Migwo (only said to people older than you) and mavo (to people younger than you) #proudly urhobo
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2013
smakati: Migwo (only said to people older than you) and mavo (to people younger than you) #proudly urhobo

dude where have you been
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Donmircas: Ndi be anyi,ndewo nu, ututu oma nu...How do you say goodmorning in your language,i want to no which state and village that has the population in this forum. Mine is ututu oma. Oguta l.G.A imo state
Oguta is not Ututu oma, it's 'Unu abgbona?'
I'm from Oguta 1

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Dannylux: 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
god_of_music: Oguta is not Ututu oma, it's 'Unu abgbona ?'
I'm from Oguta 1

#TeamGOM

Unu aboola (Unu Aboona) tongue grin
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dannylux:

Unu aboola (Unu Aboona) tongue grin
We say 'Agboona'

But it's the same meaning tho.

#TeamGOM
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Donmircas: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
Oguta 2 do say,ututu oma.
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by odumchi: 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
Biko, I have been saying this: 'ututu oma' is not the proper way to greet 'good morning' in Igbo. Make una take note and stop bastardizing our language!

Standard Igbo - 'I boola chi?'
Ngwa/Owere/Mbaise axis - 'I futala?' or 'I voola?'
Ohafia/Arochukwu axis - 'I pusala?' or 'I tesala?' or 'nnawo'
Onitsha - 'I putago?' or 'I tetago?'

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
Donmircas: Oguta 2 do say,ututu oma.
OK. I understand now.

#TeamGOM
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Abagworo(m): 5:14am On Nov 28, 2013
Oguta is "unu agbona" and there is nothing like "ututu oma" in any traditional Igbo language.

odumchi: Biko, I have been saying this: 'ututu oma' is not the proper way to greet 'good morning' in Igbo. Make una take note and stop bastardizing our language!

Some Igbos say "I saala chi" and Owerri/Uratta axis is "ihit'ala" with the "t" silent or "Iket'ala" with the "t" silent.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by agadez007(m): 7:23am On Nov 28, 2013
My side in Anambra -- unu aputana/etetago ula?
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Minorsegment: 11:58am On Nov 28, 2013
I tetekwe? Ma o bu... I tetewo? Prodly Ngwo boy.. I rep. 042

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by illicit(m): 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
eku aaro/eku idaji
general yoruba

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Fulaman198(m): 7:06am On Dec 01, 2013
A walli jam - to one person
On balli jam to more than one person. This is the Fulani language called Fulfulde.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Donmircas: 8:09am On Dec 01, 2013
Confirm. Is like nairaland has the most populations of Igbo?
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 01, 2013
Donmircas: Confirm. Is like nairaland has the most populations of Igbo?
Igbos are just everywhere! They are too LARGE angry

#TeamGOM
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 07, 2013
odumchi: Biko, I have been saying this: 'ututu oma' is not the proper way to greet 'good morning' in Igbo. Make una take note and stop bastardizing our language!

Ututu oma is the direct translation of good morning.
its still acceptable and its mostly used in Igbo izugbe
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 07, 2013
Minor segment: I tetekwe? Ma o bu... I tetewo? Prodly Ngwo boy.. I rep. 042
Am 042 too, we say I tetawo?
But seriously, y wl u ask sb who is moving abt whether he has actually woken up?
That's y I prefer ututu oma.
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by odumchi: 8:45am On Dec 07, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Ututu oma is the direct translation of good morning.
its still acceptable and its mostly used in Igbo izugbe

'Ututu oma' being the direct translation of 'good morning' does not mean that it adequately represents how the greeting 'good morning' is expressed in the Igbo language. We Igbos knew how to say good morning before the white men came.

You're forgetting that Igbo Izugbe was created by humans like you and I, who made a serious mistake by constructing such a phrase. The phrase 'Ututu oma' is nothing more than a corruption of the Igbo language in an effort to make it more English-like. You might as well begin saying 'abali/anyasi oma' for 'good night'.
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
odumchi:

'Ututu oma' being the direct translation of 'good morning' does not mean that it adequately represents how the greeting 'good morning' is expressed in the Igbo language. We Igbos knew how to say good morning before the white men came.

You're forgetting that Igbo Izugbe was created by humans like you and I, who made a serious mistake by constructing such a phrase. The phrase 'Ututu oma' is nothing more than a corruption of the Igbo language in an effort to make it more English-like. You might as well begin saying 'abali/anyasi oma' for 'good night'.

I know, mana a ga emekwanu gini?
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by eyzeberg: 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
Ewe o. that's ogori.

Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by Donmircas: 8:51am On Dec 09, 2013
Nwa nne,Ihe ikwuru bu eziokwu.
odumchi:

Nwa nne,Ihe ikwuru bu eziokwu.
Re: How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language? by cadanre(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2013
Ina Kwana!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ofala 2019: Program Of Events / Ijebu Language Or Dialect / Jamming Spot For Londoners And Britons... All London Slangs & Twangs Are Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.