Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? (1065 Views)

After 49 Years,Mother Reunites With The Daughter She Thought Died At Birth(PICS) / What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? / Baby Crying At Birth. WHY? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by TinyToes: 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hi Dearies,

I'd like to know what you would do in the following scenario:

He's been living with his wonderful family for 30+ years. One day, a woman shows up at his house claiming to be a nurse at his hospital of birth. She had a lengthy discussion with his parents before he were summoned, amidst tears, to join the discussion. She went on to reveal that he was mistakenly switched at birth and that she'd been trying to track his family ever since. She showed him a picture of his "family" and he actually looked a bit like his "dad'.

What would you do if you were in his shoes? Return to your "real" family or stick with the family you are used to?

More here: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/11/switched-at-birth-what-would-you-do.html

Re: What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by Eneze1(f): 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
this is super story. On a more serious note, I will try to find out about my real family, who they are? but to be sincere I will stick to the family I grow up in, in as much they are not against it. so also, I think it is better to move closer to your biological family
Re: What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
I won't search for any real family, my life continues cool.
Re: What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by greatgod2012(f): 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nollywood story!!!
Re: What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by EfemenaXY: 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
Unfortunately, stories like this are true.

It's hard to switch the kids even at age 1. The only time it's do-able is right from the start, meaning there shouldn't have been any mix up in the first place.
Re: What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by Beebash: 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
Omo,he go hard o.
Re: What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 28, 2013
I wouldn't wanna know about it!
I love my life as it is kiss
Re: What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by Spencer63(m): 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mara and Clara
Re: What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by sweettease(f): 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
Real family my foot! The only real fam i have is the one hav been with, others are counterfeit come second.
Re: What Would You Do If You Just Realised You Were Switched At Birth? by purplish(f): 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
The term "family" is not limited to biological parents...I feel that your family is those you have known to be there for you and stand by you...I've seen blood brothers who desperately want each other dead; so what's d essence of being related by blood if you don't share any bond?!

I'l advice anyone in such a situation to stay put with the people who have sacrificed to raise you as their own and not mind such a discovery.

(1) (Reply)

Why Couples Look Alike After Many Years Of Marriage! / How To Reset Your Wife / That Drier Is A Potential Risk!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.