Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? (888 Views)

Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. / Your Best Kissing Scene In A Movie. / Oge Okoye And Muna Ibekwe's Hot Scene In Blackberry Babes (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by nenergy(m): 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
There is a scene where a guy sat on a stool in a mall playing a guitar. No one paid any attention to him. Suddenly he smiled, wore his hat and sang a different song. Out of no where people began leaving their seats and giving the guy money. The narrator didn't explain that scene clearly. Please can a south African or someone who understands the language and have seen the movie explain the scene? I have sent emails (twice) to Nadia_SA1, but she hasn't responded. Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by NadiaSA1(f): 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
nenergy: There is a scene where a guy sat on a stool in a mall playing a guitar. No one paid any attention to him. Suddenly he smiled, wore his hat and sang a different song. Out of no where people began leaving their seats and giving the guy money. The narrator didn't explain that scene clearly. Please can a south African or someone who understands the language and have seen the movie explain the scene? I have sent emails (twice) to Nadia_SA1, but she hasn't responded. Thanks in anticipation!
soRry I can't reply my emails for some reason.. Do u have the clip of the movie

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by nenergy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ok. The movie is titled; Schuks Tshabalala's Survival Guide to South Africa 2010.

I will post a picture when i get to a pc..

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by nenergy(m): 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
The Narrator's comment: “In our rainbow nation everybody loves music, even if we don’t always like the singers”.

Attached is the Pix and audio of the song he sang (AMR) when he was ignored.

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by nenergy(m): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
He sang a different song and like on cue people left their sits and gave him money. (Pix + audio)

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by nenergy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
@Nadia_SA1 Where are you o smiley
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by NadiaSA1(f): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
I'm on my way home when I get there I'll listen to the audio ok..

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by kgr28(m): 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
just google : de la rey, and you will know why those WHITE people started giving the singer money.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by R0seMaryM(f): 8:24am On Nov 30, 2013
the song he played is ''nkalakata by mandoza''...its a song that all south africans enjoy...black,white,indian,coloured...the whole nation loves that song...even though most don't understand the lyrics,they all love the song...it unites the nation...thats why that happened

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by nenergy(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
kgr28: just google : de la rey, and you will know why those WHITE people started giving the singer money.
Thanks for the hint. I googled de la rey and I now understand. Apparently the song is popular among the white minority (Afrikaans),hence they (the white folks) gave him money when he sang it. The scene expressed racism comically.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? by nenergy(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Read more about "de la rey" by Bok Van Blerk.

www.counter-currents.com/2013/01/de-la-rey-afrikanerhart/

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

THREAD CLOSED!

(1) (Reply)

Gabriel Afolayan And Meg Otanwa In Ojuju / Help!!! / What Site Can I Download The Latest Nigerian Movies On My Bb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.