Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? (1275 Views)

Pictures From The Top 3 New Federal Universities / Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. / A Lecturer's Response To Fg's Sack Threat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by ChigbunduE(m): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
With statistics showing that Nigerian universities have inadequate academic staff with the available ones made up of mostly junior staff and also considering the current ASUU/FG impasse, my question is; can FG sack all the academic staff in federal universities if they refuse to call off their strike? Lets discuss the benefits and consequences should FG sack the whole lecturers. lets put into consideration if all the staff involved maintains their stand.
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by Mynd44: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
I will love to see it happen.
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by Illuminatus(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
They can. But it won't be easy.
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by marytyra: 7:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Over sack sef do u know how many pple are waiting patiently for dis declaration by fg.3pple will even drag per post of a lecturer.ASUU is jus waiting for govt to release the 700million dollars loot in which swiss bank released to nig last week.ASUU are greedy set of pple and are waiting to destroy educational system at all cost
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by walad4yhu(m): 7:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
He cnnt du dt cuz it wil take longer dan d wasted 4 months to put evrytin in order...
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
in Nigeria anything can happen, with the high rate of unemployment, Ten peeps will drag for a position
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by ChigbunduE(m): 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
We will watch and see how this show goes. For me its practically impossible for FG to sack all lecturers
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by kaka22(m): 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
Don't be naïve... Some lecturers( those close to retirement age and junior lecturers) will break ranks... Let me remind you that there is already a crack in some ASUU branches like Unilag,EBSU etc... Register will be brought out and lecturers that fail to sign it will be dismissed. Ask the 44 lecturers sacked by Unilorin management in 2001 and they will tell you what they faced.it took about 9years before the court reinstated them and some have died( they were 49 before, 5 died before the judgement)... In conclusion, it is only those that refuse to sign the register that will be sacked
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by cumpaddre(m): 12:24am On Nov 29, 2013
I pray it happens, so Fagge can be denied of job anywhere he goes.
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Never under estimate the power of people in authority. FG can do,a classic example of the 41 unilorin lecturers. When the heat gets hotter,the lecturers would cave in,unemployment is a bad thing to wish your enemy.
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by Kaydem(m): 6:51am On Nov 29, 2013
cumpaddre: I pray it happens, so Fagge can be denied of job anywhere he goes.
those lines got be laughing like Kilode!...na so u loathe Faggae?...lol
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 29, 2013
Don't forget that lecturers voted 60-40 in favour of calling off d strike. Again as already stated above some schools have broken rank with ASUU. So I think more lecturers will resume work. Besides d federal government cannot afford to go back on its recent promises seeing how public d issue has become even internationally.

1 Like

Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2013
I think the topic itself is wrong. 61 federal universities abi 36. Out of which the 9 newly established uni are running smoothly, plus ilorin =10. Remaining 26 federal universities.

anyway let us watch as event unfold
Re: Can FG Sack All Staff Of Federal Universities? by sammirano: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2013
FG is not sacking all the lecturers they are only trying to cause division in ASUU, as there is already division some will comply while some won't and it would be easy to replace the unresponsive.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, Shut Down Over Student's Riot (Photos) / Moment And Photos From 2017 UNILAG Convocation Ceremony / Summary Of The Book "In Dependence"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.