Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is (2028 Views)

Pictures Of African Traditional Clothing! / Why Is There An Issue With A Nigerian Man Marrying An Aa? / American Born Nigerian Woman Dating And Possibly Marrying African American Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by WendyRao: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2008
((( (((
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by WendyRao: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2008
^^^ ^^^
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by Gabry(f): 9:39am On Jul 23, 2008
Wendy,

a few of my Nigerian friends (whom are guys), they got married to malaysian girls and have been living in the country for several years. Just a few examples:- My friend Augustine, he is Nigerian and he is an Igbo guy, he got married to his Malaysian wife for 4 years now and they have 2 children. And another of my Nigerian friend, Prince whom is a Yoruba, he got married to a malaysian lady as well for 6 years and both have migrated to New Zealand.

Even if their culture is true, I feel that in life at times, we as humans must be able to make our own free will decision as it is our life, not our parents life. When they are long gone and have died, who will make the decision for us? If your bf love you that much and yet he had to follow the so called family tradition, than I feel he is one of those sorry to say this chicken shit where when people tells him to die, he would go and die.

Imagine like us, being Asian and our ancestors had once taught us not to get married to Black people as it is taboo (there werent any certified documentation on this yet they say it our from their dirty mouths) yet why we still do so? Its because we have our own mind set and we decide how our life and destiny is going to be.

Therefore its all up to your bf. As for you, you're lucky that you havent got married to him and have not gotten him any pikin (children) and also ou are then able to know by then whether he really loves you or not. However, I will go and ask my bf about this culture and tradition and I will get back to you on that.
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by iice(f): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2008
This should be in the culture section
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by WendyRao: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2008
!!! !!!
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by Gabry(f): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2008
WendyRao:

Graby,
Thanks for your prompt Reply,
You Looks Cool in the Pic OOOO,

Thanks babe. grin Hey do you have facebook?
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by WendyRao: 7:17am On Jul 24, 2008
&&& &&&
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by princessk1: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
iice:

This should be in the culture section
which section is it now?
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by princessk1: 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2008
WendyRao:

Hei Guys,I post this Thread for a girl,Any Of your good suggestion will be great Thanks!

Her question are follow:

Is the tradition of African Man marrying african woman from the same tribe is true. I have a stituatuion here, me and my nigerian boyfriend is planning to get marry and now he is telling me that due to his cultural and tradition he has been choosen by his community to take over his late father's place. In order to do that he also must get married to an African Woman.

THe fact is that we both lived in my Coutry and he is studying here. This issue just been brought to my attention recently.

I really need a sincere answer for this. Someone who knows the traditonal and cultural issue of Nigeria.
how will any answer change ur situation since he has made it clear he cant marry u because of the culture?  sad
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by ifyalways(f): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2008
@Op let her let go jare.
Didnt the boy know abt all these cultural whatever b4 plunging neck-deep into the affair with the babe?He simply dont want to marry her,it might be hard for her BUT the best she can do is to let go and see the rainbow just around the corner wink
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by iice(f): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2008
princess k:

which section is it now?

You mean what section was it in before?
Re: Is The Tradition Of African Man Marrying African Woman From The Same Tribe Is by Gabry(f): 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2008
Wendy, My bf and his friends says that the story above is fake. It use to be practise by royal families but not really now and now that kinda story can be found on TV and movies everywhere so they say 9its a fake story

(1) (Reply)

Tribalism: A Case Study Of Igbo,yoruba & Hausa / 10 Most Bizarre Traditions From Around The World / What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.