Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

The Real Lessons From ASUU!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Real Lessons From ASUU!!! (642 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / EBSU Withdraws From ASUU Strike - School Registrar, Mr. Sam Egwu / Message From ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Lessons From ASUU!!! by Godwin10(m): 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Roughly five months ago, when the ASUU strike( abi na ASUU politricks) began, I was among these Hall 3 miscreants who went wild with joy. The semester was winding down too fast, exams were on us after barely four weeks of lectures. We needed the break.

So, I joined my roommates in jubilations. I shook hands with Oguta, the smoker of the room who was busy puffing his early morning Psalm 35, '' Book hard o,'' he said.

'' Abi na,'' I agreed.

Five months later, I look back and bit my fingers in dismay. ASUU have become like the proverbial die hard caller who waits and waits for the woman of the house to finish cooking so he can join in the meal and leave.

'' when a woman pounds, pounds without finishing

Die hard caller stays, stays, stays without going

Yes,yes,yes, without going.''

But, ASUU, unlike the die hard caller have eaten already. The problem is they want more. They visited at breakfast, enjoyed the meal, then they decided to inconvenience the poor hosts(FG) by waiting for Lunch. Even after the grumbling host after trying unsuccessfully to get rid of them finally relented and shared their lunch with them, Almighty ASUU are now demanding for Supper to complete the much deserved 'hospitality'.

Arrant Nonsense!

ASUU like an irresponsible guest have not brought in cognizance that they have children at home who are starving( with half-backed, poorly prepared mind meals). They have joined the bandwagon of those who only understand the POLITRICKS OF FULL BELLIES. They have insulted the sensibilities of the Nigerian student with their hocus-pocus, hackenyed anthem, ''Na For Una We Dey Fight For.''

What a big, fat lie. What does the Nigerian student stand to gain from this strike? Will it miraculously solve the problem of overcrowding in classes without a public address system? Will it do anything about the lecturers and their Buy-my-handout-or-fail! Will it solve the issue of piss-poor hostel accommodation facilities, overcrowded rooms, toilets that even pigs will not go near, incomplete projects that have become an eyesore? They are demanding for outstanding salary areas for the months where all they did was play political soccer, dribbling the government, students and media around with skill that would have shamed Messi himself. Pray, what will the students get as compensation after the strike gets called up? What will we benefit apart from returning with heads full of cobwebs back to the status quo?

And they say they are fighting for the students? Pigs do fly.

I remember the campaign some overzealous students started to drum up support for ASUU. I laughed mirthlessly as I watched their showmanship, their egregious chest-beating, their forming Malcolm X speeches that made me laugh so hard I mistakenly slapped a soldier in front of the barracks!

The thing is, these people are fools. Period. Only a fool dances when his enemies are beating the drums and singing his own funeral music. Unless you seriously have a death wish, you would take the drumbeater and smash his head against the wall. Indeed, our fathers rightly said, 'the fly that has no one to advice him follows the corpse into the ground'.

I believe ASUU as a whole is a noble institution, I believe that originally, their purpose was a just cause. Their demands were deserved. But over the years, the tentacles of dirty politics has slowly crept in and transformed ASUU excos into kickback collectors and nagging housewives 'sowing dem husband's trousers' just because they need to buy that ankara material for the party. What about Junior's school fees and Bomboy's torn sandals? ASUU have become a gathering of thieves and incompetent intellectuals. An ASUUciation of 'ghana-must-go gbemu sharers' , a secret cult where the 'secret' is passed around in fat and crisp billfolds. ASUU have failed the Nigerian student.

I am not a big fan of this government, in case some half-educated agbero who don chop him school fees finish come dey make mouth dey ask how much dem pay me. I disdain any government that doesn't place the utmost value on education, I curse any government that shelters thieves and rogues in its administration. A government that is incapable of making scapegoats out of those depleting our natural resources to send warning signals to others is a FAILED GOVERNMENT.

But ASUU, in deciding to fight roforofo has forgotten its once noble creeds, it has totally abandoned all decorum that right now, nothing differentiates them from a political party. Their quest for power, their selfishness is evident in their demands which has a 'ME,ME,ME' monotony to it.

On a last note, I have lost faith in anything associated with government and unions, I have come to realise it is a case of Each Man For Himself. I no dey siddon dey look, I dey find better things do.
The rest of una shine your eyes.

English Language and Literature (Uniben)
Hymar David.
cheesy kiss
Source: http://www.unibenblog.com/2013/11/the-real-lessons-from-ASUU.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: The Real Lessons From ASUU!!! by xtophy(m): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
NL with its palava.....sheh na gej won read dis or faggae....OBSERVATION MODE ACTIVATION
Re: The Real Lessons From ASUU!!! by Godwin10(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
kissDeactivate his Observation mode tongue

(1) (Reply)

Uniben Pull Out Of ASUU! / UNIBEN Latest Resumption Update / Varsity Teachers Paid Five Months Salary Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.