Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

I Admire The Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Admire The Yoruba (622 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State / Who Are The Yoruba In Benin Republic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Admire The Yoruba by yahyus(m): 2:15am On Nov 29, 2013
I'm such a person that environment infulences so easily. Being in lagos for 7 months, I realised that the town has influeced me especially the way I dress and interract with people as I started dressing like typical lagosian.
I admire their good culture, their dishes, and even the small marks on their cheeks. I developed interest in yoruba language so much that I'm willing to pay money in order to be perfect in speaking and understanding the language.
I have already chosen my admired yoruba name "Olanrewaju" as a my nickname.
As I'm single, I may end up marrying a yoruba and continue living in lagos and raised, which will automatically make them yorubas from their assumed mum's side. As a typical Hausa man, my fear is that I may end losing my culture to yoruba.
THIS MAY SOUND FUNNY BUT IT'S REAL

2 Likes

Re: I Admire The Yoruba by TomiwaDamola(f): 3:14am On Nov 29, 2013
I don't think that there is anything wrong with admiring another culture. But I think that you have to work hard so that you do not lose your own culture because your culture is a large aspect of the person that you are and I think that if a person loses their culture, they also lose a part of themselves.
Re: I Admire The Yoruba by yahyus(m): 4:27am On Nov 29, 2013
Tnx 4 d advice kissTnx 4 d advice
Re: I Admire The Yoruba by ladionline: 7:01am On Nov 29, 2013
I'm so happy for you. Love is as simple and as hard as it can be.

(1) (Reply)

How Will You Cross Over Into 2014? / deleted / Can Someone Tell Me What Caused Africans To Cease Body Art? Now Only Few Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.