Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Twin Mystery - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twin Mystery (807 Views)

Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery / Mystery Man (short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twin Mystery by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2013
This story is purely fictional, any semblance to real life is coincidental. All d characters were made in my head. Enjoy

Comments n criticism r highly welcome n appreciated as long as it's not extreme.

PROLOGUE.
The pain that she felt was intense, out of this world. Ahe was sure nobody on earth had ever felt such immense pain. Dressed in a faded over sized gown that did little or nothing to hide the bulge in her mid section, hair a mess and beads of sweat coming down her face, she slowly moved on.

As the next contraction hit her, She knew her baby was about to pop out. She was scared as her strength was gradually failing her.

Lost in a city where she had no friend or foe and in the dead of the night, she struggled to walk until she could walk no more. Under the street light where she sat, she could see a huge building up ahead.

"Just a few more steps", she thought to herself, gathering all the strength she could to pick herself up again. She then slowly began moving.

Few more steps to the building, she felt a warm sticky trickle. The baby was coming. She gently laid down and pushed as the baby came out. A beautiful baby girl. She smiled and as tears streamed down her cheeks, she somehow knew ahe wouldn't. Live to watch her young grow.

She carefully wrapped d baby with her only property, a worn out wrapper and placed her at the foot of d step to d building as she turned to leave, exhausted as she was.

Walking a few distance, she suddenly felt another sharp pain. " What again?" She thought to herself before it dawned on her that there might be a second baby as her tummy was extemely huge during pregnancy. " Oh God!!!" For a minute, she had thought there was a ray of hope for her, a chance that she would survive.

Pushing with all her strength and as the second baby popped out, she gave up the ghost.
Re: Twin Mystery by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
PRESENT DAY

Kelly lived on the streets. She grew up knowing the street as her home. Having a single parent who was the area father and a renowned thief made her life rough and she led a "razz" life. She learned to fend for herself at a very early age.

Darked skin n blessed with a small lithe body, sneaking and picking pockets was easy, very easy. She was just about nine years and beneath all the dirt and almost ragged clothes, she was pleasant to the eyes. With eyes that shone, a small curvy nose and naturally pouted lips. She was as cunning as she was good looking.

Her father taught her that nobody was her friend and everybody was an opportunity to make money and be used at the earliest stage of her life and so she carried that mentality about. Picking pockets and doing petty stealing.

On this faithful day, she was running. She had stolen as usual and was being pursued. Every day is for the thief and one day is for the owner but she was determined that this day was hers and so she ran on and ran into the compound.
Re: Twin Mystery by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
The Okoro family sat down to a healthy breakfast on a beautiful saturday morning, disobeying table manners as they chatted freely. Talking with your mouth full was the order of the day and no member of the family was left out as comments and suggestions flowed.

Theirs was a close knit family of five, with two girls and a boy inbetween. They life was rosy as they were comfortable and never lacked. Their parent made sure weekends were spent together because of their busy schedule during the week.

"You can't imagine what happened in school yesterday", Cynthia, the youngest member of the family said and all four pair of eyes turned towards her. She was the most quiet member of the family, the 'baby' of the house.
"What happened baby?", her father said.

As she began to narrate what happened, with her siblings chipping in suggestions, her father began to wonder. She was unlike her sibling. Quiet, petite and carried a natural grace as young as she was.

His wife caught him staring and held his hand beneath the dining table as they shared a quiet thought with just a stare.
Re: Twin Mystery by DEllaluv(f): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Dis promises to b interestn,bt do update frequently
Re: Twin Mystery by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nice story dear. I'm following
Re: Twin Mystery by yajoe(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
I wouldn't mind front row, who's incharge of popcorn here?
Re: Twin Mystery by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
Wow!!!! For a minute, I almost lost hope. Promise to update tomorrow. Hope u guys enjoy it.
Re: Twin Mystery by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sarah, the first girl child of the Okoro family went to dispose the waste of the week as was the usual practice. She was sixteen and just out of secondary school. Slim and curvy was the best description for her. She was also dark in complexion with long straight legs, a round face, small beady eyes and a perk nose.

As She opened the trash can, a young girl breezed into their compound, just as some guys ran past. The little girl hid just behind their ground tank. Approaching the tank, the girl peeped at her. She opened her eyes and mouth at the same time, let out a shrill and passed out.

Waking up half an hour later on their couch with four pair of eyes watching her, she looked around and rested her eyes on Cynthia.

I..... I...... I saw u outside", she stammered.
"Me?", cynthia asked, pointing at her chest. " But I've been inside"
"I'm sure of what I saw. You were.........."
"Sarah, that's okay, her father interrupted. "You need to rest, you can talk later".

She didn't press further as she continued to ponder with confusion written all over her face.

She escaped successfully. GOD!!!!!!!!! She was almost caught, what was she thinking?, she mused. She had to be careful and not get carried away. Her father must not hear about today's experience. He'll be so mad. When he got mad, thing happened, things she didnt want to think of.

Her father Charles loved her or so he said, especially when he wanted "something". He took care of her well enough, at least she had a roof over her head. She didnt have a mother, no, she didnt know if she had a mother. Her father didnt talk about .

Many a times, since she was three, her father came to her when he was around and idle and touched her. At first, it was awkward but with time, it felt good and realized she began to enjoy it so she allowed him. She had already began to bud and she noticed the pleasure grew each time he touched her.

Her father still brought women home almost daily and her young mind couldn't understand why. She could give him what those women gave him and more. She loved him but those women didn't. She tried convincing herself that she wasn't jealous. Soon, very soon, he would have eyes for only her.
Re: Twin Mystery by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
He watched her. He always did, every single day. Today made it the three thousand, two hundred and eighty ninth day. He was still counting because it wasn't time yet. He would make his move when the time was right. Who was more patient than he was? All this while, he had been alone but soon, he would have her but until then, he still remained who he was.

He was like the wind, unseen yet felt. Strikes like lightening on a stormy day. When he does strike, people are afraid. He sends jitters down their spine. The spine he cracks effortlessly.

Standing at 6feet and 5inches, this near giant was big and burly with beards that were unkempt. He could best be described as a grizzly bear, all fats and hair.

Living at the outskirts of town where few or no people can be seen was the best abode for him. The people who saw him feared him. His appearance made them scared. He like the feeling and thought of himself as a semi god.
Re: Twin Mystery by tmamuda(m): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2013
On d plane.
Re: Twin Mystery by tmamuda(m): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2013
On d plane, where d pilot de?
Re: Twin Mystery by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 30, 2013
tmamuda: On d plane, where d pilot de?
Pilot ke? Will update as soon as I'm thru with my chores.
Re: Twin Mystery by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2013
Kelly couldn't stop thinking about that house. The way that girl had looked at her and turned white like she had seen a ghost. She had hurridly left before the other members of the house came out and found her.

Walking down the streets in a worn out dress and tattered slippers, she continued to wonder. They were wealthy, no doubt and she had to go back there and maybe steal a thing or two. They wouldn't even notice. "No!", a second mind told her. What if she got caught She was getting pretty careless nowadays.

She needed to tell her father about this. He could come up with something but until then, she had to wait for an opportunity to present itself and then she would take it. She smiled to herself.

Chief and Mrs Ighodaro lived in affluence. They were so wealthy it scared people. They had virtually everything money could buy. They lived alone alongside their household staff. With their children married and living in other parts of the country, they enjoyed the quiet company, sometimes noisy of eachother. Attending functions and to their businesses kept them busy most days of the week.

Chief a totally bald man now was in his early sixties, he had big bulgy eyes like that of a ******, a big flat nose and moderate lips. He was fat with a massive tummy and no neck. What he didnt have in looks, he made up for in character. He was friendly and had a nice smile.

His wife Betty on the other hand was a beauty to behold even as she aged graciously. Her face was a beautiful oval and she had eyes that sparkled. With a well shaped hips and an almost flat tummy, she looked way younger than her fifty five years. Theirs was a case of beauty and the beast.

Chief and his wife were philantropists with various NGO's. He helped people willingly as long as it was for a good cause. His name was widely known both home and abroad.

As they sat down to watch the news that faithful wednesday evening, they went down memory lane, talking and laughing about the good old days when.........

"Man kills a primary school student on her way from school this afternoon. The young girl was found dead in a dumpsite at about 4:00pm. Marks on her body showed signs of a struggle and the finger marks of most likely a male. There were also signs of mutilation and rape. More news to come after this commercial break."

"O my God!!!!", Madam Betty exclaimed." Which human in his right senses would do this? Poor child, I wonder how her family must feel".

" The man who did this needs to be found and castr*ted. He doesn't deserve to live.

Their conversation slowly diverted from their humorous past to the increased rate of crime.
Re: Twin Mystery by Layiwoo(m): 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Make una shift abeg..*walks in to sit in front row*....wey bar man,oya give every body one Alomo each.....cheesycheesy..
Op i dey gbadun U,yarn me tori abeg!
Re: Twin Mystery by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
He had had to, he couldn't help it anymore. He knew he couldn't be caught but the feeling, oh!!!! The feeling. It was heavenly. He hadn't felt the way he felt in a long time still, he had to be careful so as not to sabotage his plan. He would try not to do it again. It was a stupid mistake that could have been costly if he had been caught. . He was sure he could last for a while before the next hunger and by then, he would make his move.

As she got to their shack, Kelly met her father drinking dry gin as was his usual routine when he was idle in the evenings.
"Where have u been?" He asked.
She then narrated her ordeal of the past week to him.
"Why did you keep this away from me for a whole week? What were you thinking? You think you can do this on your own? Anyway, I'll go and check them up and see if I can come up with a plan."

"Come here and sit on my lap" he said after few minutes. She knew what was going to happen before he touched her and she was ready to prove her love for him as always. She went to him willingly.

"Area baba!!" Fathai one of his boys suddenly hailed from outside
"Hey" he shouted his reply as she gently pushed Kelly off his lap " wetin 'ey happen na?"
" Parole dey o"
" Ehen, for where na? Shingbai go drop?
" Yes boss, I dey go junction na o"
"Ok, I dey your back" he answered as he hurriedly left.
Re: Twin Mystery by tmamuda(m): 10:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sorry 4 dat pøor gal

1 Like

Re: Twin Mystery by yajoe(m): 3:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Ur story line looks promising, bt where are you

(1) (Reply)

OH / Saving Faith / The Book Of Maputohq ( King James Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.